Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/23/2013 3:08:59 PM EST
I'm currently looking at a 2013 Dodge Ram 4X4 for sale through a family friend who owns a dealership. 20000 miles and I can have it after everything is added up for 26000.

This is the SLT quad cab. I was wanting to hear what other owners are saying about them. I currently drive a 2006 Dodge 2500 Lone Star and I LOVE it but its just getting up in age and Diesels are expensive as Hell to service and maintain.

Do they all come with the Media Hub? How do you like the engine? Does the upholstery (cloth) seem like it is "quality"?

Can I have the Pros and Cons if you have any input?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 3:34:24 PM EST
I have a 2013 Express quad cab 4x4 with 9000 miles bought it brand new for $27,000. It has the hemi and the 6 speed tranny. Runs great on the highway, seems to be between gears in town sometimes. Tows well, has the tow package, gets way better mileage than my old truck, 20ish hwy and 16ish in town. Seats seem fine, not high end but fine. Overall good truck and for the money nothing else is even close.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 4:41:16 PM EST
Just got a 2013 Quad Cab, Big Horn, 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, 8 speed tranny. 1,000 miles on it so far. Love the truck.

Engine runs strong, tranny feels great, about 19 hwy / 15 city so far.

Very comfortable to drive. The cloth seats seam durable, but I don't have enough time in it to tell.

Not sure about the media hub, I have the 8.4" Nav/Uconnect/Media Hub, and its very intuitive and easy to use.

I'm towing a 20' enclosed car trailer tomorrow. I expect that it will tow great. I'll try to remember to post an update.

Nothing bad to say about the truck so far. Great truck. I'd buy again, no question.

Link Posted: 10/23/2013 4:44:22 PM EST
Anybody have the v6/ 8 speed combo? Considering a quad cab for my commute and hauling trash, etc.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 7:09:53 PM EST
Loved my Dodge. Id buy that truck tomorrow. U-connect rocks. Hemi rocks. ..these trucks are smooth.

Had I not gotten sick I would still have it. If I beat cancer .... I'm buying another Dodge.

Link Posted: 10/23/2013 7:40:00 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Fatalwishes:
Loved my Dodge. Id buy that truck tomorrow. U-connect rocks. Hemi rocks. ..these trucks are smooth.

Had I not gotten sick I would still have it. If I beat cancer .... I'm buying another Dodge.

View Quote

Prayers, man. Thanks for the input.

Buying new vehicles is a headache...
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 2:48:11 AM EST
I have a '12 and have two buddies with '13's.

Not all have the media hub. Its an option on the SLT and about 75% seem to have it. The Dodge infotainment/UConnect system is the best out, IMHO. It really rocks.

We all have the Hemi. It has built itself a great reputation since introduction. You'll have to wait for tuning options for a '13. These trucks run once the factory torque management is defeated/dialed back. We live rural/hilly country and see 15.5-16mpg

They tow fine even with the coil-over rear suspension and ride great. Very comfortable trucks.

I have leather, no idea on the cloth interior.

With 20k miles and $26000, I would guess that it has the media hub.

These new ones are really fantastic trucks.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:32:32 AM EST
I have a 12 hemi qc 4wd sport loaded.

Best truck ive ever owned. Mileage sux, but i have 35's on it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:55:50 AM EST
Just got a 2014. Having little experience with any other trucks, I like it so far. Like someone else said, seems like it gets stuck between gears in the city, but when you goose it on the highway, that thing flies. The entertainment hub is very intuitive. The cloth seats don't seem extra special, but they aren't bad.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:03:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/29/2013 1:06:06 PM EST by wildearp]
I had a 94, 05, and still have an 08 and a 2013. The 13 has more power and has a much smoother ride. When changing exhaust, I noticed counterweights on the frame mounts to isolate road noise. The truck is a Cadillac in ride quality compared to the others. The 08 and 13 are both 4" lifted 4x4s.

The express model does not have the media port. I have heard some models have it buried in the harness, but mine did not. I looked for it when I installed the second glove box to fill the hole in the dash.

The 05 upholstery was very plush. The 08 has the Big Horn package, so the cloth is some designer name stuff. Good quality, comfortable, but not as plush. The 13 cloth is good enough that I really haven't taken much time to think about it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:18:45 PM EST
2006 Cummins is the most desirable year built, don't do it!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:15:35 PM EST
Originally Posted By tnriverluver:
2006 Cummins is the most desirable year built, don't do it!
View Quote

I know, I know...

She's been awesome but I'm looking to downsize.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:22:42 PM EST
Not enough info to make a judgement. Is this a 2500? Is it a diesel? Other options, or just basic SLT trim?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:27:37 PM EST
Originally Posted By usp4u:
I have a '12 and have two buddies with '13's.

Not all have the media hub. Its an option on the SLT and about 75% seem to have it. The Dodge infotainment/UConnect system is the best out, IMHO. It really rocks.

We all have the Hemi. It has built itself a great reputation since introduction. You'll have to wait for tuning options for a '13. These trucks run once the factory torque management is defeated/dialed back. We live rural/hilly country and see 15.5-16mpg

They tow fine even with the coil-over rear suspension and ride great. Very comfortable trucks.

I have leather, no idea on the cloth interior.

With 20k miles and $26000, I would guess that it has the media hub.

These new ones are really fantastic trucks.
View Quote

well, as for tuning, it will be out within days, im one of 3 diablo tuned 2013 hemi rams in the world right now, muah ha ha
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:53:40 PM EST
Originally Posted By EasTexan:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EasTexan:
Originally Posted By Fatalwishes:

Prayers for fatalwishes.

Eastexan, car buying can be easy.
Not saling or anything, so try going to carproshow.com.
Jerry Renoylds is the host. He is an ex ford dealer who gives strait answers on cars, deals and what can be a best fit for you.

Look at the website and get ,the radio station to try listening on Saturdays or try the pod casts. He also has reviews on line.

Email Jerry. He will answer fast and give advice. He even can tell you if a used car is a good deal.

Jerry also has affilated dealers who he has vetted in each radio market.

I have bought two vehicles, one from a ford dealer and one from ram, both gave a no pressure sales. Both times it took less then an hour and a half out the door.

The ford I got was an explorer, new xlt. Sticker was 38k and final deal with title was 29k. Added 7 year service contract for 800 bucks bumper to bumper.

The ram is a 2013 slt 34k, dropped to 26k. They gave 14k for an 03 ram I traded. And through in a camper shell for good measure. Deal was done all by email. Only stepped in the dealership three times. Once to make face to face contact and tell them what I was looking for. Second time was to test drive the truck and final time was to sign papers. Dealership did good since they had to ship the truck that matched my requirements in.

Going through the carproshow web site gives you a prenegotiated price to start. Be warned, the dealerships vetted by the website gives service above average.

Disclaimer, Jerry renolds does not take any money from dealerships so he can give honest answers.
Top Top