Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/28/2013 1:34:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/28/2013 1:35:32 PM EST by FortyCalGlock]

I just wanted to start this thread to warn anyone looking for a new Pathfinder. They have severe transmission problems with their 2nd Gen CVT and I would avoid them. We started having the shudder/judder a couple months after purchase, and it continually worsened. Nissan at first tried a software update, but that didn't work. We waited 6 months, all the while the judder getting worse, and they came out with a new torque converter for the problem. We so hoped that would be the end of it, but it's back. Some are estimating it affects 25%+ percent of Pathfinders and V6 Altimas. All I know is my local Nissan dealer has swapped many,many, many CVTs and torque converters alone and the web is full of others complaints. A new TSB that was leaked has Nissan swapping the CVT for one built in Japan later this year. Hopefully that will fix it and I don't have to Lemon Law the sucker.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:36:01 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/28/2013 4:36:14 PM EST by slows2k]
You couldn't be more off base.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:53:26 PM EST
Should have waited for the hybrid Pathfinder.......it doesn't have a torque converter
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:13:14 PM EST
http://autos.yahoo.com/news/the-10-least-reliable-cars-181031192.html

New Pathfinder, #5 on CR's LEAST reliable list.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:37:03 PM EST

Unfortunately this totaled our Murano so there was no waiting.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Pthfndr:
Should have waited for the hybrid Pathfinder.......it doesn't have a torque converter
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:39:30 PM EST
What does that supposed to mean? I see your in TN, maybe you work at the factory, if so I was really disappointed that the factory left a few interior parts off when they shipped and we won't even talk about the passenger air bag light problem, ok
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By slows2k:
You couldn't be more off base.
View Quote

Top Top