Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 5:49:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/24/2013 5:49:57 PM EST by evenflow]
Tell me about it. I am looking at the 2012 Kia Optima SX turbo as well. I figure the Kia will be cheaper to maintain. Looks like the Audi has a few little bullshit things I probably won't like the electronic e-brake. What else should I know about these things? I prefer to do my own things like oil change, brake pads/rotors, air filters, etc. Don't recommend a BMW, I cannot afford maintenance on that. Looking for good mileage, preferably forced induction four door sedan.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:51:03 PM EST
Bmw comes with four year free maintenance.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:02:03 PM EST
I had a B5 S4 (2001) that was a brilliant car but I sold it just outside warranty. Way too many little gremlins and not a great long-term reliability reputation. I'm sure they've improved but unless your handy under the hood I'd pass. Audi's and BMW's are great cars but require more maintain e than a Kia/Honda/Toyota; however they drive so much better than those cars too.

The turbo models can be made into beasts with aftermarket chips and a tune but be prepared for a lot of out of pocket expenses post warranty. AWD eats tires, especially Z rated ones. I will tell you that A3 turbo model they made for a few years is a great sleeper performer and no one touches Audi's interiors.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:03:57 PM EST
If you can't swing BMW maintenance cost, audi is in the same ballpark.

Have you looked at Subaru? The new Caddy ATS? Mazda Speed6?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:19:30 PM EST
I test drove the latest model 2.0T Quattro about two weeks ago (manual transmission of course). I liked the handling the shifter was crisp and accurate, interior is tastefully done. Then I found realized that they put a silly button activated "handbrake" in there. WTF? I'm sorry but that's a big disappointment. Maintenance costs I assume are high so I'm now looking at an Impreza WRX preferably an STI but a plain WRX would still fit the bill so I can pretend to be a rally driver.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:27:11 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Balu:
I test drove the latest model 2.0T Quattro about two weeks ago (manual transmission of course). I liked the handling the shifter was crisp and accurate, interior is tastefully done. Then I found realized that they put a silly button activated "handbrake" in there. WTF? I'm sorry but that's a big disappointment. Maintenance costs I assume are high so I'm now looking at an Impreza WRX preferably an STI but a plain WRX would still fit the bill so I can pretend to be a rally driver.
View Quote

A little out of my price range. Looking for around 25k
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:53:44 PM EST
I’ve had the new A4 as a loaner while my Q7 was getting a service. Fun car.
Top Top