keep them trolls a trollin....
Trollhide!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
trollin trollin trollin....
keep them trolls a trollin....
Trollhide!

Um, actually you have been trolling me dip shit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#5]
There will be an african american on the democrap side, who will end up as vp.

As of right now, I cant see a GOP victory
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Who will be the ethnic on the dems side?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Mitt Romney is likely to be a major GOP contender as long as the fact that he's a mormon doesn't bother people.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:37:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Will these be the candidates?
Dems
Hillary Clinton
John Edwards
John Kerry

Rep
John McCain
Rudy Giuliani
Condoleezza Rice

Newt Gingrich/Rice 08

Dems,

Bayh

Warner

Clinton
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:38:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I hope Newt Gingrich will run...  he's a shoe in I think  

+1

HH
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Has Jackson ever not ran?  Patty
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Right now I would bet my money on a Dem win for 08'. I don't think it makes any difference who runs for the republicans, the dems will be in the oval office in 08' I just hope it isn't clinton.

The gas prices are enough for the GOP to lose in 08'. Its gonna be that simple.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Take a look at the state's Governors.  History repeats itself.....Governor Clinton....President Clinton, Governor Bush, President Bush.....Governor Reagan.....President Reagan........wasn't Carter a Governor too? {I was pretty young then}

Patty
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe Obama Barrack. I am not sure, but the pandering dems will run a non white guy for vp. And if hillary is pres, then the vp will not be very powerful
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Guiliani vs Clinton.  Not way hildabeast wins.  Guiliani by a decent margin.  Lets just hope congress doesnt pass another AWB while he is in.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:05:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I wonder, if in light of the Katrina disaster, if Haley Barbour might get some consideration. Giuliani/Barbour '08?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Guiliani vs Clinton.  Not way hildabeast wins.  Guiliani by a decent margin.  Lets just hope congress doesnt pass another AWB while he is in.  

Call me crazy but Guiliani seems like he would be the worst Rep to hold the office.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:19:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If we are talking Jesse Jackson I think that would be a mistake, he has to many opinions and few agree with them and most non blacks see him as and ass. And many blacks see him as the same.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe Obama Barrack. I am not sure, but the pandering dems will run a non white guy for vp. And if hillary is pres, then the vp will not be very powerful

Isn't he one of the mexicans sympathizers? And be from LA might be a good thing for him with Katrina. Than again he could make a huge ass out of himself like the mayor did with his radio rants by the end of this.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn't he one of the mexicans sympathizers? And be from LA might be a good thing for him with Katrina. Than again he could make a huge ass out of himself like the mayor did with his radio rants by the end of this.

I believe he is the black shining star out of Chicago.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If we are talking Jesse Jackson I think that would be a mistake, he has to many opinions and few agree with them and most non blacks see him as and ass. And many blacks see him as the same.

I didn't say he had a snowball's chance in hell - I just asked if he ever didn't run.  Sharpton's the same way right?

Patty
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't say he had a snowball's chance in hell - I just asked if he ever didn't run.  Sharpton's the same way right?

Patty

Yeah over 20 years ago, wasnt a huge success

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:41:01 PM EDT
[#22]
He ran on the republican ticket?   Patty
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:42:05 PM EDT
[#23]
I think Nagin has shown his ability to lead the Democratic Party straight into the Whitehouse.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#24]
How in the world could Kerry think of running again, that guy is the biggest f'in retard I have ever seen run for office. I hope its not another shit election. I will be if Clinton or kerry runs
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:58:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Obama is from Chicago, and is doing pretty well for himself. Probably could get some mileage if he doesn't screw up before then.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:00:06 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Obama is from Chicago, and is doing pretty well for himself. Probably could get some mileage if he doesn't screw up before then.

My screw up was under the impression he was from LA.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:00:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
 Lets just hope congress doesnt pass another AWB while he is in.  

Wont be easy if the NRA had like 20 million members.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:01:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Clint Eastwood and Ted Nugent
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:02:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Dems
Hillary Clinton
John Edwards
John Kerry

Rep
John McCain
Rudy Giuliani
Condoleezza Rice

Gingrich/Tancredo vs. Clinton/Edwards
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:02:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Not to worried about another AWB, I would hate to see it happen but I have more worries towards the cina shit and the middle east. Also domestic issues.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#31]
If Guliani or McCain runs for Pres, I'll vote third party.

Unless either of them run against Hillary.  Then I'll vote Repub just to keep her ass out of office.

I'd like to see either Cheney or Gengrich run, but that seems pretty remote.  cheney doesn't want to run and Gengrich's chances were sabotaged by the msm during the Clinton years.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:10:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Rice in '08.

I seriously doubt that the Dems will waste another election on Kerry and Edwards. The most recent election could have been a Democrat victory if Kerry hadn't alienated nearly everyone who ever served honorably in the military.

They'll almost certainly run Hillary.

Condi is our best bet. She gives the women who would vote for a woman regardless of platform a conservative choice. She would probably sweep the black vote, which has traditionally been mostly Democrat. While they tend to vote for who they think will do the best by them, I doubt many would expect a white candidate to do more for black people than a black candidate.

Additionally, I think Dr. Rice would do well in the office. She has good foriegn relations skills and an element of class that Hillary sorely lacks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:13:54 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

... She would probably sweep the black vote...

Unless the NAACP tells them not to.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:14:53 PM EDT
[#34]
There will be no elections, as I am taking over fairly soon in a non-violent fashion which has been fully accepted by the current administration.

I already have my staff put together which includes Dick Cheney, a couple of my friends, a few select members of this board, and Sophie Marceau.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:16:24 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Dems
Hillary Clinton
John Edwards
John Kerry

Rep
John McCain
Rudy Giuliani
Condoleezza Rice

Of all these candidates the least likely is the only one I see that is different, Condaleeza Rice.  All the other candidates are anti-gun and social liberals and I mean more than being pro-choice.  All the other candidates from either party are interchangable.  Rice being the only exception the 2nd ammendment is fucked.  

How about George Allen or Tom Delay maybe even Bill Richardson?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:21:13 PM EDT
[#36]
If the dems put up hillary and obama, they win. I dont like it, but I think they will rally all of their people on that ticket. No way do they trot out kerry or edwards in any way.

I am bummed when I think about who GOP has. Condi IMO is fading fast.  I don't think the black community views her as black. I can't see her doing well against anyone, especially not hillary/ obama. Obama will be seen as a black candidate to black voters.  Rice will need to do something big and noteworthy between now and then, and I just don't know what it will be. McCain is gonna try to run, and if he does, he will hand it to the dems. Guiliani might get a sniff, but he is a maybe. Gingrich will get his ass kicked, and I do like him, but he will lose big. I am sorry, but if the election were coming up in a few months, I  think GOP gets smoked.

ETA: I like Rice, but I don't think she can win.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... She would probably sweep the black vote...

Unless the NAACP tells them not to.

That is a possibility, however, in all my years in south Georgia, I have never met a black person who really listened to the NAACP, and I have discussed politics with more than a few. Like white people, or any other race, the vast majority think and act for themselves. The ones that don't are unlikely to pass on the opportunity to vote for someone of their own race. People of all ethnicities tend to prefer elected leaders of their own race.

Regardless, I would be surprised to see the NAACP fail to back a black candidate, regardless of party affiliation, particularly one from the south. Doing so would force them to risk alienating many members of their organization by giving the impression that they sabotaged the campaign of a black candidate who actually had a shot, while supporting another white President who isn't likely to really care what happens to the black population of America.

Considering the apperant feelings, shown by many black officials, that the people involved in the current crisis are getting the shaft for being black, I find it difficult to believe that even two years from now, a white candidate would be preferred over a black one.    
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Even if no blacks ran against her, I seriously doubt that the NAACP would endorse Rice.
I just don't see it.
At all.
Ever.
Not a snowballs chance in hell.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:56:14 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Even if no blacks ran against her, I seriously doubt that the NAACP would endorse Rice.
I just don't see it.
At all.
Ever.
Not a snowballs chance in hell.

If Rice gets the nod, and unfortunately she will not, only whites and educated blacks would vote for her.  Mostly seniors elect our politicians as shown by every Dem who puts his hopes on the youth and black vote, that said very very very few white people who can remeber past 1965 will vote for a black woman.  It is tragic but it is the reality they grew up or old in a time where prejudice and outright racism was the norm.  

A quote atributed to LBJ leaps to mind, keep in context "those niggros will be voting democrat for decades" said about the time of passage of many civil rights reforms were passed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:34:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Captain Picard!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:37:47 PM EDT
[#41]
IMO if john kerry ever runs again he will not get enough support from anyone to get beyond the preliminary stage. he just flip flopped even on his own people too much and was surrounded with too much controversy. not to mention that he vowed to fight for every last vote and then surrenders the next day.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hope Newt Gingrich will run...  he's a shoe in I think  

Far better than Rudy Giuliani

BIG +1. Look the guy is a pretty good distaster leader but he's still a grade A asshole.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:10:08 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Right now I would bet my money on a Dem win for 08'. I don't think it makes any difference who runs for the republicans, the dems will be in the oval office in 08' I just hope it isn't clinton.

The gas prices are enough for the GOP to lose in 08'. Its gonna be that simple.

I hate to agree with you but I do.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:37:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Rice will be the VP on the GOP ticket.   Not sure who will get the nomination for pres.   It wont be Guliani, he's a RINO and the conservative voters know it.    Hitlery will be the Dem nominee without a doubt.  Bill Frist probably will not get the nod for pres, I dont have a clue who will pull it off.   McCain would probably win the election but wont make it out of the primaries, he's a freakin nut.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top