Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/12/2005 10:13:28 AM EDT
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice vs. Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton just might be a reality in the 2008 Elections. Thoughts?

Read this article.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:00:45 AM EDT
2008 talk now...just makes me yawn..Thankfully they caught the Atlanta guy, or they would be talking even more about that whole thing..It is not even a story. It is useless banter.

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:05:40 AM EDT
I'm oppossed to a woman President, but if it ever came down to Rice VS Klinton, that would be an easy choice. Rice.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:06:59 AM EDT
I guess if two women are running for president, sgtar15 will don an apron and go cook something in the kitchen.

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:09:21 AM EDT
I don'thave a problem with a woman being Pres. As long as they hold 70% of the same values/beliefs that I have then they have my vote.

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:36:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MormonComputerZ:
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice vs. Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton just might be a reality in the 2008 Elections. Thoughts?

Read this article.

'nuff said.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:45:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CitySlicker:

Originally Posted By MormonComputerZ:

Read this article.

'nuff said.

Care to elaborate, or just being a troll ?

Dr. Rice would make a fine president. For a woman candidate, we could find MUCH worse.

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:50:03 AM EDT
A women president eh? Only if she gets 18 hrs of weapons retension training.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:52:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2005 11:52:53 AM EDT by BQQBs]
just hope fineswine never tries to run.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:01:28 PM EDT
A credible source just told me last night Condaleeza Rice's dream job is Commisioner of the NFL. Apparently she is a big football fan. That comes from an aquaintances dad who works directly under her at the state department.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:02:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2005 12:02:56 PM EDT by DK-Prof]

Originally Posted By Mattl:
A credible source just told me last night Condaleeza Rice's dream job is Commisioner of the NFL. Apparently she is a big football fan.

Yup - President Bush said that as well a while ago when he appointed ther Sec of State.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:04:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BQQBs:
just hope fineswine never tries to run.

If CA. seceedes from the Union(God, Allah, or Whoever willing) yes that is possible. But on a national level she is to polarizing. I suspect she would take CA. an New England thats it. Maybe Washington.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:23:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:
2008 talk now...just makes me yawn..Thankfully they caught the Atlanta guy, or they would be talking even more about that whole thing..It is not even a story. It is useless banter.

+1

Seriously ... can we put this shit on hold for at least a couple years .... Whoever is going to run will run, and guarantee that next election is going to have all kinds of unexpected people showing up from both parties ... Rice vs. Clinton? Never happen anyway, they may run but they still have to get nominated and neither party will nominate either.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:43:25 PM EDT

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:50:52 PM EDT
LMAO

That's hilarious Macallan!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:53:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Macallan:
members.cox.net/themacallan/HillaryFlagY.gif

BTW, I'll take Rice anyday over Bill's other half. Eight years is enough.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:02:58 PM EDT
I could go for some good mud slinging elections.

I think a real mud wrestling would be great. - I'd love to see Billery pinned face down in the brown...

I think Rice would deck her in round 1 TKO!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:08:23 PM EDT

Thanks for the reminder!! I have that on my work PC as the desktop.

People read it and are absolutely freaked when I tell them it is an actual quote from the "lady".

Love it when we can use their own words against them-and the audience is not a bunch of drooling democrat zombies.

The quote will be around for the fun in 2008.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:11:27 PM EDT
I can't be bothered with the '08 election right now. I'm too busy worrying about the 2016 election.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:12:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AshNH:

Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:

+1

Seriously ... can we put this shit on hold for at least a couple years .... Whoever is going to run will run, and guarantee that next election is going to have all kinds of unexpected people showing up from both parties ... Rice vs. Clinton? Never happen anyway, they may run but they still have to get nominated and neither party will nominate either.

It absolutely should NOT be 'put on hold' Your thinking on "whoever is going to run, will run" is flawed and you may as well have political blinders on.

We have a responsibility to keep abreast of the loons the other side is thinking about putting up. How else can we expect to be ABLE to counter these flakes, if we just ignore it until they're nominated, etc ??

Do you really think thats a wise idea ? The more time we have to know about a possible opponent, the more time we have to prepare a better case AGAINST that opponent ! As well as giving us more time to discredit said person as a viable President to the REST of the people out there.

What do you think would have happened if everybody just ignored dumbass kerry, until he was nominated ? As soon as it was made clear he was a possible candidate, good people like the Swift Boat Vets, etc came out in droves to discredit that jackass.

Without their efforts, and keeping on top of things, I think you might be pretty suprised who could be leading our country right now........

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:12:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sin_Bin:
I can't be bothered with the '08 election right now. I'm too busy worrying about the 2016 election.

Al Gore already announced he will not run in 2016
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:14:26 PM EDT

care to post the whole thing? something tells me that was taken out of context. propaganda works both ways.

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:17:22 PM EDT
I take Condi Rice for President any day of the week. She smart, hot, and a real ass kicker. Dems fear her.

I don't want to see any liberals(Clintonistas) or half ass republicans like John McCain for President. I don't even want to see trolls like Ross Perot.

Somebody please clone Ronald Reagan. Were going to need more of him in the future.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:18:15 PM EDT
I'm still tired of hearing about the last elections...can we give it a year before we start back up again?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:18:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2005 1:20:41 PM EDT by Hellhound]

Originally Posted By MDC85:

care to post the whole thing? something tells me that was taken out of context. propaganda works both ways.

I remember when she made the speech. It was concerning the Democrats taking away the "Bush" tax break because the US could not afford it-according to her. The quote came after that.....

She is the smartest bitch woman alive, just ask her or any of her mouth breathing followers.

I believe she made the speech in San Fransisco....??

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:19:44 PM EDT
If I'm wrong I apologize, but the whole Soviet flag thing behind her doesn't give me much faith in whoever made that.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:23:36 PM EDT
Women can rule. The proof is one word.

Thatcher.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:27:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2005 1:29:09 PM EDT by Hellhound]

If I'm wrong I apologize, but the whole Soviet flag thing behind her doesn't give me much faith in whoever made that.

www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2004/06/28/politics2039EDT0165.DTL&type=printable

(06-28) 19:03 PDT SAN FRANCISCO (AP) --

The leftiest big city on the Left Coast was Clinton country on Monday, with former President Clinton continuing his blockbuster book tour and Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton headlining a Democratic fund-raiser where she vowed to defeat the Republicans' "extraordinarily ruthless machine."

Headlining an appearance with other Democratic women senators on behalf of Sen. Barbara Boxer, who is up for re-election this year, Hillary Clinton told several hundred supporters -- some of whom had ponied up as much as $10,000 to attend -- to expect to lose some of the tax cuts passed by President Bush if Democrats win the White House and control of Congress.

"Many of you are well enough off that ... the tax cuts may have helped you," Sen. Clinton said. "We're saying that for America to get back on track, we're probably going to cut that short and not give it to you. We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."

Just blocks away at San Francisco's historic Ferry Building, President Clinton kicked off the latest leg of his West Coast tour promoting his best-selling book, "My Life." Wearing a navy blue suit and a rust-colored tie, Clinton signed books for at least 3,000 people, many of whom had waited hours under brilliant sunshine to catch a glimpse of him.

At one point, Clinton stopped the fast-moving line of fans to pose for a photo with 14-year old Thomas Nelson and his 12-year old brother Joseph, who had traveled 50 miles with their father from Petaluma.

"I've never shaken the hand of a president," said Thomas, who added that he had one grandma who couldn't stand Clinton and one who thought he was the best president ever.

"Even better than George Washington," said Thomas.

While Sen. Clinton's duties in Washington and the former president's far-flung speaking engagements can keep them apart for weeks at a time, friends said the Clintons' joint visit to the Bay Area was a homecoming of sorts for both of them.

As president, Clinton visited California some 70 times and focused much of his political and fund-raising energies on the heavily Democratic San Francisco Bay area. The visits by both Clintons increased while their daughter, Chelsea, was a student at Stanford University in Palo Alto.

"He was here so dad gum much when he was president that outside of Arkansas, his highest level of support is probably the Bay Area," said Martha Whetstone, executive director of the Bar Association of San Francisco and a longtime friend of both Clintons. "And San Francisco has always been Hillary country. They get her here -- there's a real appreciation for independent, intelligent women."

The Clintons were following largely separate schedules throughout the day, with Sen. Clinton heading two hours south to Monterey County to appear at a public policy forum hosted by former White House chief of staff Leon Panetta, and President Clinton headlining a fund raiser Monday evening for the American Himalayan Foundation, a charity run by Sen. Dianne Feinstein's husband, Richard Blum.

Sen. Clinton called the transfer of sovereignty from the U.S.-led coalition to an interim Iraqi government two days early a "positive step" but said it was too early to predict if the new government would be successful.

"Whether they take over today or take over Wednesday, the problems are still the same," she said.

Before leaving the forum, Sen. Clinton was asked what she thought of her husband's book. "I loved it," she replied. "You've got to read all of it."

On Tuesday, President Clinton will continue his book tour at several stops around the Bay Area and will be the star attraction at a fund-raiser for House Democrats.

With Boxer leading her Republican opponent, Bill Jones, by a wide margin in recent public polls and California considered safely in Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry's hands, the Clintons' visit served more as a vehicle to promote progressive political activism than to move a lot of votes, according to Bruce Cain, a political analyst at University of California, Berkeley.

"There's a lot of stirring up of the Democratic base -- the juice is flowing among Democratic activists in an unprecedented way right now," Cain said. "It comes at a time when groups need to get mobilized to make contributions and get themselves organized to go out and do grass roots activity in battleground states."

California Republican Chairman Duf Sundheim said that while the Clintons were welcome to come to the state and express their views, "history shows their influence is minimal."

He pointed to both Clintons' support last fall for Democratic Gov. Gray Davis, who went on to be recalled in a landslide and replaced by Republican Arnold Schwarzenegger.

ETA-hotlinked
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:49:54 PM EDT

I say its spot on...
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:21:23 PM EDT
I lose

Who wrote that friggin article though? A 12 year old?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:29:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2005 6:30:46 PM EDT by deej86]
I personally want Jeb Bush versus...whoever the DU poster children decide to pull up.
But, I think that if I knew a little more about Condi Rice, I would vote for her.
A woman President? Cool.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:34:55 PM EDT
Hillary would win. Many conservative will not tolerate a woman let alone a black woman be President. They will all throw away their votes on a third part candidate.

Even less Democrats will tolerate a black female running for pres and more will come out in force to make sure it doesnt happen. The blacks wont support Rice either because the media spun her into an Uncle Tom type kiss ass Aunt Jemima robot. They dont respect her one bit.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:57:36 PM EDT
Slim chance of a women getting the nomination, and an even slimmer chance of a black woman getting nominated - qualified or not. The men cutting the back room deals aren't going to let this scenario happen.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:00:10 PM EDT

I bet Stalin is spinning in his grave over it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:57:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2005 9:02:23 PM EDT by The_Macallan]

"From each according to their abilities, to each according to their need."
~ Karl Marx.

"Many of you are well enough off that ... the tax cuts may have helped you... We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."
~ The Beast.

You tell me what's the difference.
Top Top