Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/14/2007 9:36:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2007 9:37:36 PM EDT by PeteCO]
I know that every vehicle model has its quirks and known trouble spots, anyone here own a TB?

Mine is an LT 4WD, 4.2L I6. 40k miles.

I was out east this weekend and couldn't pass up the deal I got on it, so we cancelled our flights and drove this thing back out to CO.

So far I really like it, I'm going to tear into it this weekend and change the trans fluid and filter, fuel filter, go w/ Mobil 1 in the engine, flush the brake fluid, axle and t case fluids, replace the coolant, etc. Yes, I am anal retentive when it comes to that stuff.

Supposedly the first 2 years of this model had some front end issues, but it sounds like that has been fixed. Any other known trouble areas?

I seem to be averaging 18MPG with this thing, mostly highway driving. I thought I'd get a bit better than that but it's not too bad.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:53:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2007 9:53:49 PM EDT by Cypher15]

Originally Posted By PeteCO:
I know that every vehicle model has its quirks and known trouble spots, anyone here own a TB?

Mine is an LT 4WD, 4.2L I6. 40k miles.

I was out east this weekend and couldn't pass up the deal I got on it, so we cancelled our flights and drove this thing back out to CO.

So far I really like it, I'm going to tear into it this weekend and change the trans fluid and filter, fuel filter, go w/ Mobil 1 in the engine, flush the brake fluid, axle and t case fluids, replace the coolant, etc. Yes, I am anal retentive when it comes to that stuff.

Supposedly the first 2 years of this model had some front end issues, but it sounds like that has been fixed. Any other known trouble areas?

I seem to be averaging 18MPG with this thing, mostly highway driving. I thought I'd get a bit better than that but it's not too bad.

getta good tune and youll be good to go. they run a lil richer than they should. the tb's i 6 is nuts. the block is bullet proof and a very nice motor.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 7:12:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2007 7:13:03 AM EDT by Deej86]
Pete,
my mom has a 2005, a 6 cylinder, with the LT trim. 22K miles. Sunroof, rear air, XM radio, etc.

No problems to speak of. No front end issues. My sister's hubby got rid of a 2002 TB that had a TSB for a bottom end knock but no such thing that we know of with our TrailBlazer.

Any more Q's feel free to shoot me an IM.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:58:33 PM EDT
Yeah I was actually a little surprised to see a straight six in something newer.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 6:00:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PeteCO:
Yeah I was actually a little surprised to see a straight six in something newer.

got a ton of power and gets decent mileage
Top Top