Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 1:15:15 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with the Cobalt? Good / Bad / Ugly?  I've run across a deal for one ( $10,660, 7,000 mi, 2.2 DOHC 16 Valve I-4, Power all around, 2 Years still on it's 3 year warranty, etc ) and wanted to know if anyones had any experience with this model before ?  Everything I've read seems to say it's a decent car for an Econobox.

- Nw -
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:18:25 PM EDT
[#1]
that's about it.  It's an econobox.  It won't go fast, it wont attract chicks, and it certainly won't make your penis feel larger.

it's comparable to a civic or any other car like that
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:21:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one (a 4 door LS) that I bought new for a song during the employee pricing thing. It is a solid car, good mpg, I enjoy it. It may not be a hot car to pick up chicks in, but its definitely a step up from the previous gm econobox, the cavalier.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I rented one for a week, was pretty impressed, very quiet, lots of power, good handling.  But it's an american car and if I was buying a car to keep it would say toyota or honda.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#4]
It's actually for my wife.  We're finally going to ditch her POS '94 Olds Cutlass Supreme that has cost me about $100.00 a month in parts for the last year.  She liked the looks and isn't as concerned about power, as it will be our 'town-car'.  My '93 Ford Explorer is still our traveling vehicle.

- Nw -
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:07:19 PM EDT
[#5]
will the cobalt be followed by the caprica, pegasus and the galactica minivan?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I've driven a few of them like I stole'em.  One of them I even had to turn in with a "you might want to check the front end alignment, there's a shimmy at, uhhh, the speed limit." Gotta love rentals.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:31:44 AM EDT
[#7]
My wife has an '05 Cobalt. Its a sedan, 2.2l, 5spd. Runs pretty well. Handles well. Definitely a step above the Cavalier- My mom's cavalier and my wife's cobalt are like night and day.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:46:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I rented one in Alaska last year.  It didn't have much ground clearance!  Seems like it got MPG in the mid 20's.  The car just felt cheap.  I liked our Toyota Echo a lot more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top