Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2002 8:41:44 PM EDT
This might be a "little" early....

Me... well, I'm still thinking about it... but I'm leaning toward "Not buying any firearms* in 2003." [:O]  [>(]  I must cut back and "pay the piper"..... [V] (If ya play, at some time, you'll have to pay.)

*= defined as requiring an FFL transfer, etc... bascially what the Fed say a firearm is.

But this doesnt' include accessories....[}:D]
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 8:43:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Sort of the same, pay off all the guns I bought this year.

Finally get down to just twenty pounds overweight.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:57:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 9:17:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 9:23:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 9:32:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I resolve to stop putting laxatives in the hot cocoa at the homeless shelter.
View Quote

[Apu Nahasapeemapetilon]
[size=2]You're a [i]very[/i] bad man, Mr. 82nd.  A [i]VERY[/i] bad man!![/size=2]
[/Apu Nahasapeemapetilon]

[img]www.thesimpsons.com/bios/images/bios_townspeople_apu.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 9:54:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#8]

I gotta quit that damn Kodiak Long Cut Straight...

Buts its just sooooooooo good!

Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:24:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Have you seen the new HSC card and test yet? I took the test tonight while I was picking up the new 686P I bought. It's 30 questions, very similar to the BFSC test. I didn't even review the study guide and got all 30 questions correct. So, it must be easy.

Anyhow, the card looks similar to the BFSC card but is in color and has less information on it. POS expires in 5 years.

What a joke. And starting Jan 1st you need to give a thumbprint to buy a handgun. Of course, it just sits at your FFL until someone asks to see it.

Lamo.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:57:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Have you seen the new HSC card and test yet? I took the test tonight while I was picking up the new 686P I bought. It's 30 questions, very similar to the BFSC test. I didn't even review the study guide and got all 30 questions correct. So, it must be easy.

Anyhow, the card looks similar to the BFSC card but is in color and has less information on it. POS expires in 5 years.

What a joke. And starting Jan 1st you need to give a thumbprint to buy a handgun. Of course, it just sits at your FFL until someone asks to see it.

Lamo.
View Quote

Took the test last week. Also got 30 correct. The girl who scored my test drew a smiley face on it. I told her that for $25 I should at least get a gold star. I'm worried that in 5 years they'll come up with a test that no one can pass.

BTW I also picked up my 686 Plus last week.

My New Years resolutions: 1) go shooting at least twice a month (indoor, outdoor, rifle or pistol, it's all good!); 2) Spend at least one night a week reloading; 3) Work out regularly to avoid insulin dependence (Diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and high cholesterol last month--I'm 6', 180 lbs, 17% body fat); 4) Decide what I want to be when I grow up so I can get a job and move out of California--been doing the same thing for nearly 20 years, but the jobs in my current field are easily available here.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 2:07:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I want to quit dipping Skoal. I quit dipping a few months ago, then I started stealing the wife's smokes. So I started dipping again.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 2:18:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Start running /excercising on a regular basis agian. Five years ago I ran the Peachtree in 48min flat now I doubt I could finish the first mile without falling out with a heart attack, and Ive added 20 lbs easy. Recently started grabbing the occasional smoke from guys at work (once in a while - once a week if that)gotta knock that off or Ill backslide right back to a pack or two a day. I figure to lose 20 lbs by april is a reasonable goal.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 3:54:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Try to get out and shoot more than I did this year. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#14]
bump, bump da bump
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 3:12:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lamo.
View Quote

Took the test last week. Also got 30 correct. The girl who scored my test drew a smiley face on it. I told her that for $25 I should at least get a gold star. I'm worried that in 5 years they'll come up with a test that no one can pass.

BTW I also picked up my 686 Plus last week.

My New Years resolutions: 1) go shooting at least twice a month (indoor, outdoor, rifle or pistol, it's all good!); 2) Spend at least one night a week reloading; 3) Work out regularly to avoid insulin dependence (Diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and high cholesterol last month--I'm 6', 180 lbs, 17% body fat); 4) Decide what I want to be when I grow up so I can get a job and move out of California--been doing the same thing for nearly 20 years, but the jobs in my current field are easily available here.
View Quote

Cool, I got the 6" barrel model. You?

My resolution is to really get serious about eating right. I eat healthy food 80% of the time, but I think the remaining 20% is causing me problems with weight and cholesterol, so I want to eat healthy 100% of the time. No kid food, no matter how tempting!
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 3:45:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, I want to stop being a crackhead whore, well I know I want to quit crack. Seriously I'm going to start building my finances up and get my credit rating back up to that five star rating.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:26:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Hopefully, I'll have the funds to buy a Remington 700 PSS and DSA MFG FAL.....plus continue my goal for a lifetime supply of ammo. Maybe buy 4th generation night vision......

On personal goals - hope to continue to avoid alcohol in general - maybe quit smoking - and continue to get in better physical shape.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:46:42 PM EDT
[#19]
lose another 15 LBS.
Get a girlfriend
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
lose another 15 LBS.
Get a girlfriend
View Quote

At least you have the order correct.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 5:21:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
lose another 15 LBS.
Get a girlfriend
View Quote

At least you have the order correct.
View Quote

LOL!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 7:09:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Lamo.
View Quote

Haven't seen the test yet but I'm not too concerned.  It's really just another way to get 25 bucks out of ya.  Theiving bastards.  Turns out I might be buying some new stuff in about a month so I'll have to take the stupid thing anyhow.

How does the handling test work?  Is it part of the HSC card or is it different for each time you buy a new handgun?  Is it another fee?
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#23]
buy my first ar if i can hijack that no paying intrest loan to the goverment check!
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I gotta quit that damn Kodiak Long Cut Straight...
Buts its just sooooooooo good!
View Quote

I wish I could offer some help other than "stop now or it's gonna kill you someday".

I quit Kodiak in Jan. '02 after seven years of increasing frequency.  I miss it but it's really nice to have that monkey off my back.

When the craving hits, just remind yourself that it will pass and start doing anything else but thinking about it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 8:49:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:58:46 PM EDT
[#27]
[:D]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 1:52:42 AM EDT
[#28]
My new years resolution is to make some resolutions I do not intend to stick to, then quit them several days earlier than I have in the past.

I figure by week two I'll have gained 23 pounds, drank a keg of beer, smoked 20 packs of cigs, and still not gotten out of bed before noon.

Why fight it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top