Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2002 5:35:24 PM EDT
For what it''s worth, I apologize to the members of this board who IM mailed me over the last few months, either about buying an item I mentioned I wanted to sell, or giving me some advice/info on a question without replying to everyone.

This board upgrade was the first time the "You have new mail" voice started playing on my PC, and I finally figured out I had to click on the IM Mail button.

I''''''''''''''''m sure this post will sink, but to those who never heard back from me, sorry!
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 5:37:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same problem.  Someone IM'd me in May telling me I was a Commie Pink Bastard and I deserved to be flogged, I don't even remember why he would send me that.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Same thing happened to me. I recently got an IM from someone I know, and didn't realize it till a couple of weeks later.

Sorry Q(the mac chucker)Bang. I wasn't ignoring ya man. Next time email or call me you jackass.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 5:44:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Me too!

Sorry oneshot1kill and Doublefeed! I sure didn't intend to not reply to you guys.  I don't want you to think I'm a stuck up snob.

I'm an asshole for sure, but I ain't stuck up!
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 5:53:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
After thinking a while, I figured I must have IM'd you about the gunshow last month. [:D]
View Quote

Yup!
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Same here, I had 2 of them.  Just replied to both.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 1:20:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Me too!

Sorry oneshot1kill and Doublefeed! I sure didn't intend to not reply to you guys.  I don't want you to think I'm a stuck up snob.

I'm an asshole for sure, but I ain't stuck up!
View Quote
After thinking a while, I figured I must have IM'd you about the gunshow last month. [:D]
View Quote

I sent a response to your IM, dating from December, 01.

Link Posted: 8/5/2002 1:27:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:01:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:24:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
SeaDweller - now THAT was a challenge to figure out what you were talking about! [BD]
GB: Is yer system not really designed to work well with firewalls, or is it Microsoft NT (on this puter) that is the problem?
View Quote

I thought it was gonna send a copy of your original IM, guess not.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:28:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:28:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I was in the same boat, sorry to all.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:49:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sea - It didn't, but I vaguely remember being quite fascinated by something regarding your name or something.  Had I only been mildly fascinated when I asked, your explanation wouldn't have had a chance [:D]
View Quote

It really was a cool watch, but I had to sacrifice it to the Rolex God.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:10:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Same thing happened to me. I just sent "Steelweasel" a note from my real email...sorry.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:16:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Yep I had the same result when GB fixed things up!!

WTF IS THIS RED IM THINGY???

DUH!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top