Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/28/2012 4:59:18 PM EDT
Filing for 100 million because school failed to protect child.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Surprised I tell you.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#3]
that is a tad bit steep..... but yes if a school system or county ends up paying out the nose for this shit, armed guards are soon to follow
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:02:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

THIS  
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:02:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:02:42 PM EDT
[#6]
If there is any lawsuit, it should be against Lanza's mom for failing to keep guns away from her son who had a known-to-her mental disorder.  Her homeowners insurance would end up picking up the tab.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If there is any lawsuit, it should be against Lanza's mom for failing to keep guns away from her son who had a known-to-her mental disorder.  Her homeowners insurance would end up picking up the tab.

Yup
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:03:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Are they also suing the police, and the firefighters, and the EMTs, and the other children, and the owner of the adjacent land, and Bushmaster, and Colt, and the NRA? Cause that's about what I would expect.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:03:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup

can you sue a corpse?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I guess money will make it all better.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:04:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Are they also suing the police, and the firefighters, and the EMTs, and the other children, and the owner of the adjacent land, and Bushmaster, and Colt, and the NRA? Cause that's about what I would expect.

funny but there is no doubt this will end up being the case.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:05:24 PM EDT
[#12]
suing a dead person whose sole source of income was alimony is stupid.
suing a corporate entity funded by tax payers is lucrative.  its not about whose guilty, its about who can pay the most.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup

can you sue a corpse?
I believe it's called Suing The Estate.

So, YES, is the answer.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#14]
It's not the schools fault.  Nobody was allowed to carry a gun.

Who made it illegal to carry a gun at school?  If you want to point the blame, I'd start there.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:06:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
suing a corporate entity funded by tax payers is lucrative.  its not about whose guilty, its about who can pay the most.

Still........if they win it.....the are going to have to address the actual problem...........
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:06:56 PM EDT
[#16]
others will follow

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#17]
I thought it was the parent's duty to keep their children safe? If there was any doubt, they should have home schooled.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Sue everybody and everything except the person responsible.  It's the American way.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:07:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup

can you sue a corpse?

this, she paid for her mistake with her life, we'd best learn from this mistake instead of playing the blame game with a corpse.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:12:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Can't blame the school. Principal and counselor ran unarmed into the fire to protect the kids, can't do any better than that under the law and they'd both get CMHs if they were .mil. Suit should be against .gov for making it illegal for people to protect life liberty and happiness on school property.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#21]
New Haven Lawyer Seeks To Sue State Over Newtown Shooting
You’re not allowed to sue the state until you receive permission,” Pinsky explained Friday. That’s why he’s filing the claim with the claims commissioner and not a court.

The claim says that state Board of Education, Connecticut Department of Education, and state Education Commissioner failed to take the appropriate steps to protect minor children from “foreseeable harm.”
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#22]
The school failed to provide adequate security for the children and faculty while providing a fake sense of security by operating in a "gun free zone"

They should have their pee pee slapped
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

She's dead and the state run school demanded a defenseless victim zone. Maybe some pro-gun teacher there will have the balls to get on board. Be interesting if the teacher's union would get all over this (let teacher's defend themselves).
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:17:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Can't blame the school. Principal and counselor ran unarmed into the fire to protect the kids, can't do any better than that under the law and they'd both get CMHs if they were .mil. Suit should be against .gov for making it illegal for people to protect life liberty and happiness on school property.

I certainly don't blame the teachers. they are true american hero's in my book. I can blame the policy makers that left them unprotected like fish in a barrel.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#25]
sue the government for creating an unsafe environment

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

^^^^^^^I'm going to go with this^^^^^^
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

THIS  

I don't see a goddamned thing funny about this.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

THIS  

No shit.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

how do you know how he got the weapons?

I can capture you opening your safe with a camera phone or a go pro and then play it back till I get it right.

don't pass judgement on anyone other then the mad man unless you have proof

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:20:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Of course they did - I'm actually surprised it took this long for grief to turn to greed.
The school should file an immediate counter-suit to recover expenses on behalf of the taxpayers.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Ban suing!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS  

No shit.

Damnit y'all are beating me to this.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS  

Neither do I, what's with the smug face bullshit ?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

how do you know how he got the weapons?
I can capture you opening your safe with a camera phone or a go pro and then play it back till I get it right.

don't pass judgement on anyone other then the mad man unless you have proof

good point.. people say every day in GD that the typical home safe can be opened in just a couple of minutes with a couple of crowbars. Hell if i didn't care about noise my Sawzaw would shred most home safes in minutes.

Only the cops know at this point exactly what gun was used to kill mom and how he got the rest of them.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS  

Neither do I, what's with the smug face bullshit ?

Some people are just assholes.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS  

Why don't you two and RabidMonkeyPox explain those smug faces please

I really want to hear it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:26:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Well, even though I am a Vietnam vet, retired military, etc., in my current job I am a college faculty person at a small university.   A few years back, when Ohio passed CCW, the old, fat bitch who is president of our university wasted no time in stating that any employee of the university caught with a CCW permit concealed weapon on school grounds would be instantly fired.  In Ohio our CCWs do not include the right to carry at state universities, I believe, anyway, but the point was how this old bitch presented her position - very ANTI-gun, just as you would expect a liberal whacko to be.

So, I told all of my students at the time, when they asked me about this one day, that I could do nothing to protect them in the event somebody ever went crazy and started shooting.   I ALSO told them to make sure their parents knew to file a lawsuit if this ever happened and to name the president of the university BY NAME as a defendant in their suit.  Oh, and our campus police, such as they are, do NOT carry firearms either - at least I have never seen any of them armed with anything other than a non-tac radio and pager.   I have also told my wife that if this ever happens and I get hit, to proceed with a lawsuit also naming president fat-ass a defendant, since she has neutered everybody and administratively taken away their means of self-defense.

Taking away law-abiding citizens' right to self-defense has really worked great in Barry Soetoro's home town of Chicago, hasn't it?   I read just today they are on track to surpass 500 murders this year.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I guess money will make it all better.

The American Way. (TM)
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS  

Jeez mom.

Were any lawsuits granted for any other school shootings?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The school failed to provide adequate security for the children and faculty while providing a fake sense of security by operating in a "gun free zone"

They should have their pee pee slapped

This.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:32:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS  

Jeez mom.

Were any lawsuits granted for any other school shootings?

Don't be a smart ass, those faces need to be explained.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:32:35 PM EDT
[#46]
What a crock of crap.  The person suing isn't even one of the families that lost a baby or family member.  If my child lived through something like that, I'd get on my knees every day and thank God I still had her.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:33:13 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

It's not the schools fault.  Nobody was allowed to carry a gun.

Who made it illegal to carry a gun at school?  If you want to point the blame, I'd start there.

Yep.

If teachers could be armed, more than likely, one of them could have ventilated that sack of shit before he killed anybody.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:33:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:34:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup

can you sue a corpse?
I believe it's called Suing The Estate.

So, YES, is the answer.

This. I was thinking the same thing. Sue her estate.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:34:31 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup

Since Mom was trying to have her son committed, there's probably plenty of paperwork saying that she was aware that her son was unstable.  She had a nice income, so she probably had some fat insurance policies.  

Lawyers are going to be all over this, just like Michael Moore over an all-you-can-eat pizza buffet.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top