Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/2/2005 4:42:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2005 2:20:42 PM EDT by 1BMF]
Well, in celebration of getting the job I applied for confirmed today, i treated myself to a nice meal. The best part is, all my roommates are gone for the weekend, so i'll have plenty of left-overs for tommorrow

First, you put the $0.33 pack of Publix brand noodles in the boiling pot of water:

While that is on the stove, put 2 pieces of Walmart texas toast in to the toaster oven: ( $0.37)

Then, its time to heat up the sauce, i prefer Ragu with meat(ghey ). Simply put it in a pot on the stove: ($0.25 of a jar worth)

Water, it doesnt cost anything. Score! ($0):

Place cooked noodles on plate, add garlic bread, throw on some sauce:

Excuse quality of pictures, they're from a camera phone (Which was free!).

Might be hard to see soo..
Taurus PT-99
Knife
Clear plastic ruler(at muzzle of PT-99) -We civilized students dont use tape measure's in class.
Paper clips(on top of ruler) -Cost the same as staples, but are reusable and dont require purchase of a stapler!
Paper towel folded over as a napkin - Thicker, and work much better
Knife + fork

A very good meal for the total price of $0.95!

MMMMmmmmmmmm!!!!

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:47:32 PM EDT
No stapler. You fail.

On a side note, I love spaghetti.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:54:40 PM EDT
LOL. That made me hungry.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:56:21 PM EDT
- points for the ragu

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:00:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 8:01:14 PM EDT by CS223]
Poor my ass. Ragu? Ragu is for rich folks. When I was in college I bought 5 packs of raman noodles for $1 and seasoned them with condiments that I swiped from the fast food joint. Boiled them in an old enamel pot that was missing it's handle and ate them with plastic utensils that I nabbed from the fast food joint & washed instead of throwing them away. Man, poor sure has come a long way.

ETA.
No cell phones either but I did have a used 2 meter handheld & I could call someone on the autopatch.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:00:52 PM EDT
The Flying Spaghetti Monster lives!!

I feel his noodly appendage about me, saving me from the world.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:02:52 PM EDT
Oh the joys of having a meal plan!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:04:54 PM EDT
You didn't include the price of the water, electricity, or underpants gnomes.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:10:25 PM EDT
I love it. It's creative... though you're scaring me... I had to buy a meal plan last term and stayed in the dorms. Though, my parents are paying for the bigger half (school). Next term I have to find a house... I might buy one eventually, 30 year morgage, a house in Flint, MI goes for about $40k, and I doubt it could depreciate any more.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:36:15 PM EDT
I dunno what you're talking about, because I did it here back in January 2004, and I'm sure I wasn't the first one.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:41:19 PM EDT
ragu is nasty

del monte in a can is much better--i cant find it anymore, though
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:46:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Vulcan59:
Oh the joys of having a meal plan!

I've been out of the dorms for almost 8 years, and most of the time I'd KILL for a meal plan. No planning, no thinking, just show up between 5:15 and 7:30 and eat whatever they made. End of story. No grocery store trip, no "damn we're out of oregano", just pay your money, show up and eat.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:53:25 PM EDT
Ragu is NOT nasty...that's a good-looking, inexpensive meal.

I'm giving you a 10...just because.

HH
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:06:18 PM EDT
I'm in the office supply business.. We give paperclips away for free to buying customers..

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:19:58 PM EDT
You can go even cheaper. Buy cans of tomatoe paste and a 3lb (or more) tube of ground beef. Cut the ground beef into 1/4lbs and toss them into the freezer for later use.

Brown up 1/4lb of beef (and cook in anything else you want into the beef...garlic, pepper, mushrooms) and then toss your tomatoe paste on top of it.

That should save you some money on the Ragu and add a bit of taste.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:20:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 9:22:05 PM EDT by Tonster]
I had spaghetti tonite as well.
I threw in some fresh sausage and ground beef in the gravy to kick it up a notch.
Good stuff...
BTW That Walmart Garlic toast is the bomb!!!!
No joke that is the best frozen garlic bread around.

I give you a solid 9.5
If any of you keep up with gymnastics you know there is no perfect 10 anymore
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:23:01 PM EDT
get a couple cents worth of meat and salt and make your own bolognese sauce, and I hope you sprung for the .01 worth of salt needed for the water to boil the noodles with.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:26:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By leelaw:
get a couple cents worth of meat and salt and make your own bolognese sauce, and I hope you sprung for the .01 worth of salt needed for the water to boil the noodles with.

And don't forget the extra virgin olive oil!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:36:32 PM EDT
Well done and congrats on the new job! Will need your "I now have money to spend on real food" dinner pics as soon as possible
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:43:31 PM EDT
I'm hungry now
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:47:09 PM EDT
1st poor college dinner? hah! you wish!

from over a year ago
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:47:22 PM EDT
That sucks!!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:59:10 PM EDT
Wow.

You all must be rich, cause this poor college boy ain't seen a feast like that since Christmas!

Soo tagged until I can find a digital Camera. . . .
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:01:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:04:56 PM EDT
+10

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:05:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By -Absolut-:

people.clemson.edu/~andersh/pics/Gun%20Stuff/lunch%20pic%202.jpg

from over a year ago

I dont know many poor people that own an HK and drink coke! Bagel bites? That must have cost as much as my whole dinner!

It was a feast, i splurged on dinner because i was excited about starting my new job! The meal plan equals out to $7 a meal at UCF, i cant afford that shit!

Yes, i added salt to the boiling water before adding the noodles.

Ramen is $0.10 here at the superwalmart. Ive been living off of a piece of bread with peanut butter on it for the day lately, so this was the fucking shit to me tonight!

One of my roommates dad just bought a lambo, he wants to go to gainseville for labor day to party, so he asked me if he could borrow some $ on the way out the door. I had $3 in my wallet, and he wanted it. He's such a little prick, he doesnt even know how to do his fucking laundry.

I dont give a shit though, this job will pay my rent. Ive lived here for 2 weeks, and im happier than ive ever been. For those of you that read my post on my bitch mother, ive been happy as hell up here. I got a letter from my 12 year old brother today, its still in my mailbox, but its got crayon drawings all over it so i think he did it himself. I'm looking forward to reading that tommorrow.

I cant even explain how excited i am to have gotten this job! It helps me out it so many ways. For the first time in my life, ive got things in MY control, im doing great and i love it!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:45:58 AM EDT
There is no such thing as a poor college dinner pic...

'cuz yall clearly have digital cameras... aint nothin poor bout that!

- BG
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:02:23 AM EDT
add a pack of cajun/smoked sausages and some fried bacon

you will thank me later

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:15:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:
There is no such thing as a poor college dinner pic...

'cuz yall clearly have digital cameras... aint nothin poor bout that!

- BG

Want me to draw a picture next time then?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:31:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 1BMF:

from over a year ago

I dont know many poor people that own an HK and drink coke! Bagel bites? That must have cost as much as my whole dinner!

It was a feast, i splurged on dinner because i was excited about starting my new job! The meal plan equals out to $7 a meal at UCF, i cant afford that shit!

Ramen is $0.10 here at the superwalmart. Ive been living off of a piece of bread with peanut butter on it for the day lately, so this was the fucking shit to me tonight!

One of my roommates dad just bought a lambo, he wants to go to gainseville for labor day to party, so he asked me if he could borrow some $ on the way out the door. I had $3 in my wallet, and he wanted it. He's such a little prick, he doesnt even know how to do his fucking laundry.

I dont give a shit though, this job will pay my rent. Ive lived here for 2 weeks, and im happier than ive ever been. For those of you that read my post on my bitch mother, ive been happy as hell up here. I got a letter from my 12 year old brother today, its still in my mailbox, but its got crayon drawings all over it so i think he did it himself. I'm looking forward to reading that tommorrow.

I cant even explain how excited i am to have gotten this job! It helps me out it so many ways. For the first time in my life, ive got things in MY control, im doing great and i love it!

That's no HK young Padiwon. THat is a Springfield armory XD pistol. What are they teaching you in your college?
I'm a poor college student too. I appreciate your predicament. Therefore you get a 10 for your dinner pic. Well done.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:33:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By diabolical_chicken:
del monte in a can is much better--i cant find it anymore, though

Isle 5, near the end, between the ragu and the noodles, 2nd shelf from the bottom.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:38:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2005 6:39:06 AM EDT by FanoftheBlackRifle]
Oh yeah, and I did the college dinner pic back in 2001, right after I joined.

It was a pic of my 9mm Llama (Like I said, poor) and a Pabst Blue Ribbon, taken with a borrowed digital camera since I didn't have one back then.

Now I've moved up to a WWII issued 1911 and a Guinness.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:20:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 2IDdoc:

Originally Posted By 1BMF:

from over a year ago

That's no HK young Padiwon. THat is a Springfield armory XD pistol. What are they teaching you in your college?
I'm a poor college student too. I appreciate your predicament. Therefore you get a 10 for your dinner pic. Well done.

Heh ya i noticed that this morning, when i posted last night....i wasnt exactly sober

Since im not the first to do this, ill change the title. I had just never seen one before.

As for the job; i quit after about 45 minutes. I get there, and they dont want me to sign in right away, just sit around. Wtf? I didnt wake up to go sit in a lobby for no reason. Then, they lied to me about how much i'd be making. Told me i'd be making 7.50 an hour to detail cars. The last place i detailed cars at we made commission, so i would bring in 600 a week if i busted my ass. Get there and they tell me how much i'll be making. I told them i didnt think it would work out for me or them, gave back the shirt and left. Im not lazy, the job just sucked. So i go out and apply at some restaraunts as a server or cook because i want to get back into that. I landed a job at a Uno's Chicago Grill. Start wed. and the hourly is the same, but i will be making tips. So im happy
Top Top