Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2017 5:07:07 PM EDT
DETROIT (WXYZ) - Prosecutor Kym Worthy has charged 19-year-old Juwan Alexander Plummer in connection to the shootings of two Detroit police officers.

The incident took place on April 16 at 11:45 p.m.

Plummer has been arraigned on two counts each of Intentional Discharge of a Firearm in a Building Causing Serious Injury; Intentional Discharge of a Firearm in a Building Causing Injury, Felonious Assault. He has also been charged with four counts of Felony Firearm.

The officers were responding to a report of attempted break-ins at a home across the street, and Craig said the officers decided to check out the home across the street as well where the shooting eventually occurred.

A woman and her two sons, a 19-year-old and 14-year-old were detained by police. The 19-year-old reportedly opened fire fearing a burglary.

Craig said the teen who fired the shot is remorseful for what happened and just wants to make sure the officers will be okay.

A judge set bond at $25,000, 10 percent. The judge did not impose house arrest or a tether.

Plummer will be back in court for a probable cause hearing on April 26.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/19-year-old-accused-shooting-2-detroit-cops-to-be-arraigned

I actually feel sorry for the kid. Who can blame him thinking he was being robbed, unless there is more to the story.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:14:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Not enough info.  Could range from he's an idiot to rightfully defending himself from intruders.

Why check out the place across the street?  Especially in such a way the guy felt they were breaking IN.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#2]
shit happens.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Just an FYI - not every cop identifies themselves when they're clearing a structure. I know this from personal experience in 1989. Scared the piss out of me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#4]
How this goes.....

"I pulled the trigger the first time cause, I didn't know if the gun would work.  I forget if it was even loaded.  It went off.  OMG.  So, I pulled the trigger again.....you know just to see if it would do that again.  But, I'm sorry."

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:24:05 PM EDT
[#5]
On the autism spectrum?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just an FYI - not every cop identifies themselves when they're clearing a structure. I know this from personal experience in 1989. Scared the piss out of me.
View Quote
Yup.

I inadvertently triggered the silent alarm at work one day and cops came a few minutes later and kicked in my steel door unannounced. I was kinda bummed out because the door was unlocked (steel frame repair was $400), but happy at the same time because I now knew that if SHTF, they'd have my back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top