Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
4/18/2021 9:59:29 PM
Posted: 4/19/2017 5:07:07 PM EDT
DETROIT (WXYZ) - Prosecutor Kym Worthy has charged 19-year-old Juwan Alexander Plummer in connection to the shootings of two Detroit police officers.

The incident took place on April 16 at 11:45 p.m.

Plummer has been arraigned on two counts each of Intentional Discharge of a Firearm in a Building Causing Serious Injury; Intentional Discharge of a Firearm in a Building Causing Injury, Felonious Assault. He has also been charged with four counts of Felony Firearm.

The officers were responding to a report of attempted break-ins at a home across the street, and Craig said the officers decided to check out the home across the street as well where the shooting eventually occurred.

A woman and her two sons, a 19-year-old and 14-year-old were detained by police. The 19-year-old reportedly opened fire fearing a burglary.

Craig said the teen who fired the shot is remorseful for what happened and just wants to make sure the officers will be okay.

A judge set bond at $25,000, 10 percent. The judge did not impose house arrest or a tether.

Plummer will be back in court for a probable cause hearing on April 26.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/19-year-old-accused-shooting-2-detroit-cops-to-be-arraigned

I actually feel sorry for the kid. Who can blame him thinking he was being robbed, unless there is more to the story.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:14:04 PM EDT
Not enough info.  Could range from he's an idiot to rightfully defending himself from intruders.

Why check out the place across the street?  Especially in such a way the guy felt they were breaking IN.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:16:44 PM EDT
shit happens.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:20:11 PM EDT
Just an FYI - not every cop identifies themselves when they're clearing a structure. I know this from personal experience in 1989. Scared the piss out of me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:23:34 PM EDT
How this goes.....

"I pulled the trigger the first time cause, I didn't know if the gun would work.  I forget if it was even loaded.  It went off.  OMG.  So, I pulled the trigger again.....you know just to see if it would do that again.  But, I'm sorry."

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:24:05 PM EDT
On the autism spectrum?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:27:37 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just an FYI - not every cop identifies themselves when they're clearing a structure. I know this from personal experience in 1989. Scared the piss out of me.
View Quote
Yup.

I inadvertently triggered the silent alarm at work one day and cops came a few minutes later and kicked in my steel door unannounced. I was kinda bummed out because the door was unlocked (steel frame repair was $400), but happy at the same time because I now knew that if SHTF, they'd have my back.
Top Top