Posted: 9/18/2009 8:08:34 PM EDT
what say you arfcom?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Multi-choice poll huh?

FAIL!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Pellini has got the Huskers going this year.  After all, he learned it all at LSU!

LC
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Hokies IBTP

and.....

WAR EAGLE

BEAT WV!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#4]
IBTP??? nawzzz...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:19:56 PM EDT
[#5]
im goin with the hokies by 3

i bet 10 dead chicago gangsters!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:21:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Virigina Tech.

Nebraska is the new Notre Dame. Their Glory days are LONG gone.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:22:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I am taking Virginia Tech, I am still not sold on Nebraska.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm thinking VT in a close one.  Decided in the last 3 minutes of the game.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Virigina Tech.

do you think charlie tuna has to win out to save his job?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:31:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Virigina Tech.

His seat is going to be hot enough to instantly bring water to a boil if Notre Dame loses tomorrow. But this MONSTER contract they gave him (worth 30 million), I am not sure they want him gone BAD enough to pay that kind of money to send him packing just yet.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:33:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Virigina Tech.

His seat is going to be hot enough to instantly bring water to a boil if Notre Dame loses tomorrow. But this MONSTER contract they gave him (worth 30 million), I am not sure they want him gone BAD enough to pay that kind of money to send him packing just yet.

pretty much the way i see it. clausen has to step up big time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Virigina Tech.

Did you watch last season?  If anyone is the new Notre Dame it is Michigan.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Virigina Tech.

Mark my words right now. Michigan is going to an important bowl game this year. Might not be a BCS, but it will be an important one. We will win the Big 10 this year.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:37:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Virigina Tech.

Mark my words right now. Michigan is going to an important bowl game this year. Might not be a BCS, but it will be an important one. We will win the Big 10 this year.

And Nebraska isn't going through anything different than what LSU, USC, Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama, and every other major program has gone through.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:39:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Virigina Tech.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:41:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Virigina Tech.

ESPN's Player of the Week: Tate Forcier

You guys in happy vally better start sweating.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:56:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Hokies by 7+.

I'll be at the game. Gonna be AWESOME!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:58:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm going with VT, at least they've played somebody.

Nebraska's schedule so far has been as soft as warm butter.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:02:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Tech gets the nod only because they have home field. Bo did a heck of a job with the Nebraska program in a short time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Neb 28-24 sounds like a good guess. Should be good, wish I could watch it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Virigina Tech.

ESPN's Player of the Week: Tate Forcier

You guys in happy vally better start sweating.

as i'm beyond superstitious during college football season im not going to say anything about the Michigan game until it actually starts.

i will say that Notre Dame is highly overrated every single year.

ETA: oh and i did tear up when PSU lost to Iowa last year, but only because i wanted Paterno to make it to the national championship one more time before he retires/dies.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#22]
I hope the Black Skirts get their asses handed to them.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm going with VT, at least they've played somebody.

Nebraska's schedule so far has been as soft as warm butter.

As it ALWAYS is.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:24:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Virigina Tech.

I'll agree about Michigan surprising some people this and beating Ohio State, but what non-BCS bowl is an important one?

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:36:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Virigina Tech.

I'll agree about Michigan surprising some people this and beating Ohio State, but what non-BCS bowl is an important one?

True, but last year was no bowl game. A meaningful bowl game would be against a top 10 team.

If Michigan keeps kicking ass though, who knows. But I really think Michigan is looking more and more like the best team in the Big 10. Penn St may be our ONLY big obstacle to going undefeated.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:48:19 AM EDT
[#26]
GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:43:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!

big red is chewing gum
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:01:35 AM EDT
[#28]
I hope VT wins, so when the CANES spank'em next saturday, they'll be fully dominating the powerhouse known as the ACC!!

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:03:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Tech 40-35
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:07:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Virigina Tech.

LOL, don't worry about the buckeyes...we get pwned by every good team we play.  But, not Michigan....this is not your year.  Maybe in another 6 or so.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:09:05 AM EDT
[#31]
I've got no dog in this fight, but I think the Hokies win by less than a touchdown.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:09:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Virigina Tech.

LOL, don't worry about the buckeyes...we get pwned by every good team we play.  But, not Michigan....this is not your year.  Maybe in another 6 or so.

your saying michigan couldn't break out of a wet paper bag? is that what your saying?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:10:08 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I hope VT wins, so when the CANES spank'em next saturday, they'll be fully dominating the powerhouse known as the ACC!!

You guys looked sharp Thursday night.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:10:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Tech by a touchdown or less.

Unfortunately I have to leave for work in the middle of the 1st quarter.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:11:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Eh, I'll be rooting for Nebraska.  Go Big 12 conference!

But i think it should be a good game none the less.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:36:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Im pulling for NU but have a feeling they may not be quite ready.
Im sure we havent seen everything in their bag of tricks but the first two games werent 4 quarters os full on football.

BUT, I guess we will find out.

GO NU!!! (Not the gum )
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:49:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Tech 40-35

This is what I am thinking.

I got on VT when they were only minus 2.5
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:52:46 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's been a long dry spell for the Canes, but they do look like they're back to being a respectable team....which is good for the ACC. Some of my favorite college games ever have been VT/Canes match ups. I couldn't think of a more fitting test to see how much of a rebound the Canes have done than to have them tested in Blacksburg.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:55:46 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's been a long dry spell for the Canes, but they do look like they're back to being a respectable team....which is good for the ACC. Some of my favorite college games ever have been VT/Canes match ups. I couldn't think of a more fitting test to see how much of a rebound the Canes have done than to have them tested in Blacksburg.

Agreed

If we can get through this month with only one loss, I believe we will be top 5 material .  Thursday nights game looked like a team of top 10 caliber.   IMHO next weeks game will decide who plays in the ACC championship game.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:13:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

dude... call in dead, im sure your boss will understand
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:22:08 AM EDT
[#41]
I hope Nebraska wins this one.  If they do win it will be close.

What time and station is this game on?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:29:55 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Virigina Tech.

Don't even get my started on how BAD the Buckeyes looked against a talent depleted USC team. This USC is a joke compared to the last 8 years, and OSU couldn't even pull it off at HOME against a Freshman QB, and an offense that was TOTALLY predictable.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:31:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

dude... call in dead, im sure your boss will understand

2:30 on ABC

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:33:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Im pulling for NU but have a feeling they may not be quite ready.
Im sure we havent seen everything in their bag of tricks but the first two games werent 4 quarters os full on football.

BUT, I guess we will find out.

GO NU!!! (Not the gum )

Watson has yet to open up the playbook and we have yet to see any real stunts, misdirections, or blitz packages on the Sun Belt teams. I'm impressed by the maturity of this team.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:37:01 AM EDT
[#45]
I live close to Tech.  They have the most RABID, irrational, and retarded fans on the face of the planet.   90% of them are pure "bandwagon" jumpers as about 10-11 years ago...you could hear crickets in Lane Stadium.  To listen to them..."EVERY YEAR" they are in contention for a national championship.  In their defense...they do have a great defensive coach and good special teams, but that's about it.  With the exception of Michael Vick, their offenses has always sputtered and their defense is the only thing that keeps them in many games.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:50:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I live close to Tech.  They have the most RABID, irrational, and retarded fans on the face of the planet.   90% of them are pure "bandwagon" jumpers as about 10-11 years ago...you could hear crickets in Lane Stadium.  To listen to them..."EVERY YEAR" they are in contention for a national championship.  In their defense...they do have a great defensive coach and good special teams, but that's about it.  With the exception of Michael Vick, their offenses has always sputtered and their defense is the only thing that keeps them in many games.

Sadly, you're mostly right.

<––- graduated from Tech, so I must be in the other 10%.  They went 2-8-1 my freshman year.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:59:13 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

EVERY Big time division 1 school says one of it's goals is winning a National championship, ever year.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:06:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Going against conventional wisdom and say the Huskers win by ten. I think Helu and Suh have big games. Huskers are also very balanced. If they can shut down Tyrod they can win and Pelini has probably been scheming this all week.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:10:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Pellini has got the Huskers going this year.  After all, he learned it all at LSU!

LC

You don't know much about Bo Pelini's background do you
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:34:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LC

You don't know much about Bo Pelini's background do you

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top