Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2008 6:05:59 AM EDT
Looking at one with 147k miles,good tires,body flawless as far as I can see.
Dude is asking 3k,on the phone he told me he'd take 2700.
What think?
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 6:07:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Walk and look for a granny Buick around the same time frame, FAR better cars that get VG milage. Only get the 3.8 Gen II engine.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure how much difference a Olds vs. Buick would be.  I think they are pretty much the same animal under the skin.  I could be wrong.

We got our 98 Intrigue from wife's Mom.......dealer maintained and purchased a couple years ago when it had around 78,000 miles on it.  Has about 95,000 on it now.

The more I drive the car, the more I like it.  Have had zero problems with it, the 3.8 liter engine (love this engine!!) gets easily 30mpg on the freeway, and it goes down the road like the Queen Mary.  In town, the mileage drops off quite a bit, but I use the car pretty much all on the freeway, anyway.  Set the cruise at 70 mph and it's still pretty quiet on the inside.  

What is it worth?  I don't know.  Tell him the mileage is a little high and you were really looking for something that gets better gas mileage.  Take cash and he'll come lower than 2700.

Good luck.  Hope this helps.

vmax84

Link Posted: 6/7/2008 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#3]
After 3or 3.5 years of owning my Regal, I would lay cash money that I could sell it for MORE then I paid for it then. [3K, less then 80K on the clock when I bought it] I did just add a can of freon to the A/C today tho, so I might have to replace some line seals on the Hi side. $5.00 in parts, $15.00 for replacement freon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top