Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2010 7:09:20 PM EDT
I'm a 4wd noob, it doesn't have a switch but I was thinking maybe its all-time 4wd?

Only specs i know so far is 6-cyl 4spd auto
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:35:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Should have a lever you pull to change to 4x4. I have a 93 Cherokee that does, most are the same.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#2]
It has:

2WD
Part-time 4WD
Full-time 4WD
Low range 4WD
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:39:30 PM EDT
[#3]
so is it like a given that it has 4wd? I was pretty sure Jeep didn't make a 2wd vehicle...but unless i've gone full-retard (which is possible) I haven't seen the 4wd stick in the two months i've had the vehicle...
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:05:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
so is it like a given that it has 4wd? I was pretty sure Jeep didn't make a 2wd vehicle...but unless i've gone full-retard (which is possible) I haven't seen the 4wd stick in the two months i've had the vehicle...

So you've had it 2 months and don't know if it's 4wd?

Yes, they made plenty 2wd models of the Cherokee and the Comanche .
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you've had it 2 months and don't know if it's 4wd?

Yes, they made plenty 2wd models of the Cherokee and the Comanche .

Ah hell I didn't wanna say it...its my wife's vehicle

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:49:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the '97 was offered in 2wd.

Look for a lever next to the transmission shift that's where it would be.

Also look under the front to see if you have a differential.

Also should have a 4x4 marking under the rear side windows above the tail lights.

If it's the 6cyl it shouldn't have any Quadradrive system so you'll have a lever.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:52:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I looked for all that last night before posting, I didnt think it was 4wd, but a buddy of mine had me believing jeep didn't make a 2wd...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:11:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think the '97 was offered in 2wd.

Look for a lever next to the transmission shift that's where it would be.

Also look under the front to see if you have a differential.

Also should have a 4x4 marking under the rear side windows above the tail lights.

If it's the 6cyl it shouldn't have any Quadradrive system so you'll have a lever.

Also instructions above the drivers side visor tells you how to use it if you have it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:20:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Ome of this stuff is pretty descrptive....are y'all running out to your trucks and looking? Because that's cheating ya know...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:18:02 AM EDT
[#10]
They made 2wd grand cherokees since they started building them in 1993. The only jeeps since the 90's that had 4wd standard is the Wrangler. But even the wranglers have 4wd as an option now. The ZJ's were reliable vehicles WJ's were less reliable  anything after the WJ isn't worth owning.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:29:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ome of this stuff is pretty descrptive....are y'all running out to your trucks and looking? Because that's cheating ya know...

Don't you know that owning a Jeep is a culture of it's own?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. I don't have to go out and look. I just know.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:44:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it just doesn't sit right with me having a 2wd Jeep...i'll claim it until somebody says something about it being 2wd, after that I pawn it off on the wife

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:52:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it just doesn't sit right with me having a 2wd Jeep...i'll claim it until somebody says something about it being 2wd, after that I pawn it off on the wife

I owned one of those abominations for about 6 months.

it gave my dog AIDS and all my grass died.

dibs on your guns and ammo.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:05:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Usually don't see many 2WD Cherokees/Grand Cherokees around here.  Typically former police/municipal vehicles or originally sold in snowless states.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:16:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Usually don't see many 2WD Cherokees/Grand Cherokees around here.  Typically former police/municipal vehicles or originally sold in snowless states.

Mine ran very well.  No complaints at all.  Had the 4.0 I6.

I traded it in for something different.

Good vehicles,  I did wish mine had 4wd.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top