Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2002 6:44:56 AM EDT
Well, I tore a coupling loose on the side of my transmission.

The transmission is the larger of the two options on the 1995 3/4 ton pickups.

I visited the parts houses locally today and they could not even tell me what the part was in order to replace it.

Any out there have a part number for this thing?

When it was damaged by driving over a limb/tree/stump the coupling was torn loose a few pins were bent and the transmission defaulted to 2nd gear only.  There is no a minor leak of transmisson fluid around the coupling .

Help?

Link Posted: 11/21/2002 7:19:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Call and ask for Roger.  He can tell you what you need.  I just got off the phone with him and he had some specific questions that I couldn't answer based on the info you provided.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 7:36:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Calling him now.  Thank you
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 7:41:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
He can tell you what you need.  I just got off the phone with him and he had some specific questions that I couldn't answer based on the info you provided.
View Quote

Bingo!

Transmission Type:  4L80E  
Part needed: Interior transmission wiring harness.

Instructions to replace:  Drop the pan, lower the valve body, replace the part, tighten valve body, replace the pan.  Looks like I know what I will be doing this weekend...

Thanks RNYC.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top