Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2011 2:38:25 PM EDT
Whats the most comfortable and easy hidden shoulder rig for a 1911?

It's summer and hard to hide the bigger carry guns i have.

I just bought an everyday knock around canvas vest, this might help.

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 2:49:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/19/2011 2:56:24 PM EDT by Evil_ATF]
When I use a shoulder rig (driving all day, or in the dead of winter with lots of layers), it's the Galco VHS:

I'd prefer a tie down for the pistol side, though. Eventually I'll get around to making one but I so rarely carry in a shoulder rig that I haven't bothered with it just yet. It's fine if you are drawing from a seated position, but when standing the shoulder tends to travel with the pistol for a few inches.

I have no trouble carrying my Wilson IWB with a tee shirt during summer, FWIW. Just watch the bending over and you'll be GTG. My preferred IWB is the Versamax II.

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 2:53:10 PM EDT
Bianchi X15. Safariland used to make a great one, but it's since been discontinued.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 8:37:24 PM EDT
still using the Galco Miami classic I've had for years
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 2:47:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Krink:

+1

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 3:18:34 AM EDT
too cheap to buy one myself - and I've had too much success with IWB carry and home-made kydex.   But the Miami Classic seems to be a perennial favorite in these threads.

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 3:34:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SrBenelli:

+1

+ 2

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 3:47:37 AM EDT
Canvas vest?  Cut the 1911 picture from the Big Lebowski.

Try CCW Breakaway shorts. Google it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 3:48:47 AM EDT

^This^

On the other hand, I don't wear shoulder rigs, but when I do it's the Galco Miami Classic.

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 10:16:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Evil_ATF:

When I use a shoulder rig (driving all day, or in the dead of winter with lots of layers), it's the Galco VHS:

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq71/Evil_ATF/Firearms/AprilDinnerPic-1.jpg

I'd prefer a tie down for the pistol side, though. Eventually I'll get around to making one but I so rarely carry in a shoulder rig that I haven't bothered with it just yet. It's fine if you are drawing from a seated position, but when standing the shoulder tends to travel with the pistol for a few inches.

I have no trouble carrying my Wilson IWB with a tee shirt during summer, FWIW. Just watch the bending over and you'll be GTG. My preferred IWB is the Versamax II.

TY E ATF

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 10:19:07 AM EDT
Bianchi X-15.  I prefer vertical carry.
Top Top