Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2011 2:38:25 PM EDT
Whats the most comfortable and easy hidden shoulder rig for a 1911?

It's summer and hard to hide the bigger carry guns i have.

I just bought an everyday knock around canvas vest, this might help.

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#1]
When I use a shoulder rig (driving all day, or in the dead of winter with lots of layers), it's the Galco VHS:

I'd prefer a tie down for the pistol side, though. Eventually I'll get around to making one but I so rarely carry in a shoulder rig that I haven't bothered with it just yet. It's fine if you are drawing from a seated position, but when standing the shoulder tends to travel with the pistol for a few inches.

I have no trouble carrying my Wilson IWB with a tee shirt during summer, FWIW. Just watch the bending over and you'll be GTG. My preferred IWB is the Versamax II.

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 2:53:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Bianchi X15. Safariland used to make a great one, but it's since been discontinued.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#3]
still using the Galco Miami classic I've had for years
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 2:47:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 3:18:34 AM EDT
[#5]
too cheap to buy one myself - and I've had too much success with IWB carry and home-made kydex.   But the Miami Classic seems to be a perennial favorite in these threads.

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 3:34:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+ 2

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 3:47:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Canvas vest?  Cut the 1911 picture from the Big Lebowski.

Try CCW Breakaway shorts. Google it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 3:48:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

^This^

On the other hand, I don't wear shoulder rigs, but when I do it's the Galco Miami Classic.

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 10:16:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

When I use a shoulder rig (driving all day, or in the dead of winter with lots of layers), it's the Galco VHS:

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq71/Evil_ATF/Firearms/AprilDinnerPic-1.jpg

I'd prefer a tie down for the pistol side, though. Eventually I'll get around to making one but I so rarely carry in a shoulder rig that I haven't bothered with it just yet. It's fine if you are drawing from a seated position, but when standing the shoulder tends to travel with the pistol for a few inches.

I have no trouble carrying my Wilson IWB with a tee shirt during summer, FWIW. Just watch the bending over and you'll be GTG. My preferred IWB is the Versamax II.

TY E ATF

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 10:19:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Bianchi X-15.  I prefer vertical carry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top