Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2004 4:44:11 PM EDT
My WWII Springfield Armory comes with that small lowprofile front sight that looks more like a hump on the front of the slide.  
I discovered I'm more accurate with it!  I painted a white strip down the backside and it picks up a lot quicker.  Are there any aftermarket sights of that profile?

Anybody else like these too?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#1]
ME!  It's a combat pistol, not a match rifle.

Brent
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I like novak sights. I can point shoot pretty good with a 1911 from the hip though, at short range, as long as my wrist is locked.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:28:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one 1911 with GI sites and one with high profile combat sites, the hi profile sites are more accurate and easier to use for follow up shots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top