Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2001 10:58:01 AM EDT
So I'm trying to purchase the 1911 LEGP.  I go to a local FFL, to try to get him to send his info to Castle Arms.  He wants to see a permit to buy the handgun.  I tell him they're going to want to have a serial number, and he tells me to tell them its being shipped, and that he'll fill in the serial number when they ship it.

So I go to the county courthouse to apply for the permit, and they want the serial number.  Won't even accept the application for the permit without the serial number.

Catch-22.

So who's right?  The FFL?  Or the clerk?  I want to get the that copy of the FFL sent... but don't have the vital serial number.  Do I have to wait for the actual pistol to be ordered and arrive at Castle Arms so that I can find out the serial number?  That seems like an unnecessary delay in getting the copy of the FFL sent out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Viper Out
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 12:12:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Obviously the FFL doesn't need to know the serial number beforehand to receive it - he doesn't know the serials of all the handguns he's ordered to stock his shop before they arrive, either.

However, it seems like since you're requesting a pre-paid transfer only (without him taking the handgun into stock, as such), he's treating it like a sale up front.

He doesn't need to do so, but since that's what he's choosing to do, then can either try to talk him into receiving it like any other stocking handgun, or go find another FFL.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I am having a transfer of a firearm handled by Mike (thebeekeeper1) who has a Missouri FFL.

[email protected]

He should be able to handle the transfer, just shoot him an email.  

medcop

edited because I had the email address messed up.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top