Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2014 2:24:30 PM EDT
That's how long the radiator lasted in my Suburban.  

I know this because it had a sticker on it that showed the build date of the rad.  Plastic tank finally developed a small crack and started leaking.  

I was actually pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to replace.  Just under 2 hours, including 45 minutes to the parts store and back.  We'll see if the new one makes it as long!
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:52:04 AM EDT
[#1]
That's quite a while and impressive. I would throw a new thermostat in just in case while I was under there but other than that, keep on putting on the miles!
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:36:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow, can't complain about 190k on a radiator, especially in AZ.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:55:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow, can't complain about 190k on a radiator, especially in AZ.
View Quote

I know!  I was surprised to see that it was the original radiator.

I replaced the water pump about a year ago.  Surprised the rad outlasted the pump!
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I got 275,600 out of the OEM unit in my 98 Accord. I was blown away!
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:13:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Amazing what routine maintenance such as changing coolant will do

Family member had an old Ford IDI diesel that had the original radiator for 22ish years and 300k before a deer took it out. It was solid brass and the coolant was regularly changed and maintained with Napakool.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 9:51:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top