Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2015 4:47:59 PM EDT
been working like crazy and thought id take a bit of ME time this weekend to recharge and relax.. Had the new Oculus Rift DK2 come in Friday, and thought Id give it a spin this last weekend. Ive had a DK1 with Riftup upgraded screen since summer(DK1 since aug of 13). Thought to my self, ya ill just jump into Elite Dangerous and try out the positional tracking. Screen is kind of crappy compared to my riftup, pixilated like crazy. but the blacks are blacker, and positional makes up for the shortfall.

Im thinking to my self ya just a quick hop in, blast some wanted NPC's and go work on other things.. 10 mins in Stealth (old member from here) pops into Vent to see what I'm doing and joins me in my Nav point slaughter fun.. Next thing I know its 12 hrs later. Rinse and repeat on Sunday to a 6hr span..  Im using goggles/headphones and a HOTAS. In game arms are synced to joystick movements, so its done very well to tick the brain into thinking your in the cockpit.

Today everything has the spins.. And I'm hella tired.. Think I might have VR sickness.. LOL Oh well its was a great fast/short weekend.. and my Viper is valued at 2mil credits..
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Elite Dangerous with DK2 is pretty awesome.  I can't wait for the release version.

edit: Are you playing in a cockpit or on a table?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Elite Dangerous with DK2 is pretty awesome.  I can't wait for the release version.
View Quote

I've added in Voice attack. holy crap..

Problem is I'm now driving down the road yelling at my car. and its not working..
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Elite Dangerous is on my watch list for release with VR, but I'm waiting for commercial.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:18:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Remember when you gaze too long into the matrix, the matrix gazes into you
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Remember when you gaze too long into the matrix, the matrix gazes into you
View Quote

its cool.. I play a girl Pirate on there any way..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top