Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2001 2:38:41 PM EDT
anyone know the value of a 1896 broomhandle mauser pistol. good condition, original finish.
or any web sites that would have information?
pat
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#1]
There are several versions of the Model 1896, but I'm assuming you mean a 9mm Military contract or Wartime Commercial model from Mauser Werkes.

In original "good" condition they are valued at $1,000 to $1,200 according to the 1991 Standard Catalog of Firearms.

Be wary there are many Chinese fakes on the market and some are even unsafe to fire. Look for the Mauser banner.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 3:24:20 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks steyr
my father has an old pair of mausers, 1 in 9mm
and 1 in 30 cal.(whatever the other cal. was 7.6?) he has had them for years and several people are interested in them. they are in great condition. thanks for the info
pat
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 10:23:12 AM EDT
[#3]
If by "great" condition you mean NRA Excellent then that raises things considerably. I gave you values for NRA "good" condition.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 1:36:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I could be wrong but I beleive I read somewhere that some of the very first ones were made smooth bore?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top