Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/17/2015 6:06:11 PM EST
my wife wants a counter top fryer its 1800 watts just wondering if it will work on a regular outlet.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:15:41 PM EST
IANAE, but assuming 110V, that's about 16 amps. What kind of breaker do you have on that circuit?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:25:06 PM EST
Originally Posted By gene5:
my wife wants a counter top fryer its 1800 watts just wondering if it will work on a regular outlet.
View Quote

Did you look at the manufacturer's specifications on the product?

Would you like instructions on how to do that?

Now, remember Gene, if you wipe too hard, or too much, your bottom will be owie. And wipe toward the back so you don't get an infection.

(Yes, it will. I run an 1800 watt induction burner off a 110 outlet just fine. 1800 is typically the highest wattage you will find non-restaurant kitchen stuff in.)
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:27:06 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 2minkey:

Now, remember Gene, if you wipe too hard, or too much, your bottom will be owie. And wipe toward the back so you don't get an infection.

(Yes, it will. I run an 1800 watt induction burner off a 110 outlet just fine. 1800 is typically the highest wattage you will find non-restaurant kitchen stuff in.)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

ahhhhhh thanks,,,,,,, and my nurse wipes my ass.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:27:26 PM EST
Using a T-Fal Pro fryer at home and it's a 1500 watt unit.
Shares the same outlet as the microwave and if you turn on the MW with the fryer running it blows the breaker.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:32:34 PM EST
Many modern building codes require a single run to a microwave outlet that is 20 amps. It would entirely depend on the age of your house whether you have this.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:36:15 PM EST
View Quote

The outlets in your kitchen are probably on a 20 amp circuit.

The fryer should work fine, but if you run the microwave, or maybe even a coffee maker at the same time, on the same circuit, the breaker may trip.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:42:57 PM EST

View All Quotes

Ohm's law

P= Watts P / I = E, P / E = I
I = Amps I x E = P
E= Volts

Using this formula P= 1800 watts / by E= 120 volts = I which is 15 amps so if your receptacle is on a 20 amp circuit it should work fine if it is a 15 amp circuit you may have a problem.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:43:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/17/2015 6:46:47 PM EST by pcsutton]
My T-fal FR7008 Ultimate EZ Clean works fine on a 110 30 amp circuit. It's 1700 watts.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:45:17 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/17/2015 6:46:13 PM EST by bdawg998]

View All Quotes

I hate taking a girl home from a bar and then you figure she wipes back to front.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:49:21 PM EST

and my nurse wipes my ass.
View Quote

Sorry about that.

Does she give good sponge baths?
Top Top