Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 12:44:01 AM EDT
anyone try running these in a 2 cell CR123 light?

I'm not sure if they will fit or not but I have one coming to try in my polytacs.

if it works it should give me a good run time and best of all it's rechargable!

I already carry a light that uses 18650 batteries so with it being a 3.7 volt battery it should work in my charger

for those that do not know you can run a streamlight polytac (and a TLR-1 for that matter) on a 3.7 volt battery and get the same light output as two 3 volt CR123's
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:19:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm running 17670's in a couple of Surefire G2's along with LED lamps, they work fine.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:36:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Go Here and ask some questions.

I don't know anything about the Polytac but I believe that that the worse that will happen is that it will not be as bright as primary's.
17670's are just a shade longer then an 18650 so they might not even fit but that depends on the light.

You also need to make sure your charger does not charge the cell at too high of a rate or it might, you know, explode......
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:03:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Go Here and ask some questions.

I don't know anything about the Polytac but I believe that that the worse that will happen is that it will not be as bright as primary's.
17670's are just a shade longer then an 18650 so they might not even fit but that depends on the light.

You also need to make sure your charger does not charge the cell at too high of a rate or it might, you know, explode......

lithium cells are scarey shit!
that's why I ONLY use protected cells

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top