Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/18/2013 4:53:36 PM EDT
This is sweet.

Video here.

Show your antiques in this thread.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:55:50 PM EDT
Very cool, but are you SURE it's that old? Lots of craftsmen can antique them very well.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:04:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/18/2013 5:06:41 PM EDT by TokerM]
I do know this era, and if the horn is real, that valuation is WAY off. Like in the missed it by a digit on the high end kind of way off.

I have 6 horns that are better than that, bunches that are just "to have," and boxes of "junk" horns.

Not to mention that AR has been burned by fakes numerous times. There was a "one of a kind" sword that showed up 3 times before they realized.

ETA looking at the pic, it was recapped in the mid to late 1800's
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:26:03 PM EDT
That is a High Capacity Powder Magazine for an Assault Weapon. It holds more than 30 rounds worth of explosive Blackpowder. You don't need that for hunting or target shooting.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:41:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TokerM:
I do know this era, and if the horn is real, that valuation is WAY off. Like in the missed it by a digit on the high end kind of way off.

I have 6 horns that are better than that, bunches that are just "to have," and boxes of "junk" horns.

Not to mention that AR has been burned by fakes numerous times. There was a "one of a kind" sword that showed up 3 times before they realized.

ETA looking at the pic, it was recapped in the mid to late 1800's

Maybe the appraiser is British.
Top Top