Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2005 6:28:23 PM EDT
I’m so hyped up at the moment! I just received an email from a buddy who served in my last company in Germany before I ETS’d, this was 1991. At the time he was an enlisted Aerial Observer and flew in our OH-58’s. Since then he has attended flight school and is now a CW3! But the kicker is.......he’s now assigned to the 160th SOAR and is flying MH-6 little birds!  He just emailed me tonight to catch up and pass on the news.

I asked him to get me some pics ASAP! This is so fricken cool, I’m so happy for him, what an awesome career move!!!  

Just thought I’d vent the excitement and pass on the news.......I told my wife and she says “Task Force what.......?”  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Dam that email took a long time to get to you, Task Force 160 has been deactivated for a good number of years
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent, "In the company of hero's" as they say...........
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:37:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool, I've got a family member that works with them. "Swoopy".
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Dam that email took a long time to get to you, Task Force 160 has been deactivated for a good number of years

This is his email, minus the sensitive info of course:

Quib,
Hey man whats up these days? All is well for the XXX family. I finally left Ft XXX, made CW3 and am now in the 160th set to fly MH-6 littlebirds. Drop me a line so we can catch up.
Later,
XXX

I know the guy wouldn’t BS me, maybe it’s not called Task Force 160 anymore, I don’t know? What other unit goes by 160th and flies MH-6's?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:42:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I’m so hyped up at the moment! I just received an email from a buddy who served in my last company in Germany before I ETS’d, this was 1991. At the time he was an enlisted Aerial Observer and flew in our OH-58’s. Since then he has attended flight school and is now a CW3! But the kicker is.......he’s now assigned to Task Force 160 and is flying MH-6 little birds!  He just emailed me tonight to catch up and pass on the news.

I asked him to get me some pics ASAP! This is so fricken cool, I’m so happy for him, what an awesome career move!!!  

Just thought I’d vent the excitement and pass on the news.......I told my wife and she says “Task Force what.......?”  

He should not be sending many pics, if he's doing what I think he's doing...but I am sure he is enjoying himself!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quib,
Hey man whats up these days? All is well for the XXX family. I finally left Ft XXX, made CW3 and am now in the 160th set to fly MH-6 littlebirds. Drop me a line so we can catch up.
Later,
XXX

I know the guy wouldn’t BS me, maybe it’s not called Task Force 160 anymore, I don’t know? What other unit goes by 160th and flies MH-6's?

SOAR is the new tag.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quib,
Later,
XXX

The 160th SOAR?????

ETA: Damnit, beat me to it!

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I was busting your chops.  Task Force 160 became 160th SOAR sometime in the 4th quarter of the 20th Century
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I always liked the name NightStalkers
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I was all excited that I'd be the first on ARFCOM to answer that question, but it seems I was beaten six ways from Sunday.

However, I'll be the first to say this:

160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment

ETA: I was sort of beat on that too, the link above says the full name.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:54:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:55:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.whiskeytangofoxtrotover.com/images/nightstalker.jpg

Nice picture.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:57:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I was busting your chops.  Task Force 160 became 160th SOAR sometime in the 4th quarter of the 20th Century

What can I say........I'm a bit behind the times!

I Googled TF160 to find out about the "new" 160th SOAR (A).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top