Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2002 6:31:02 PM EDT
They aren't talking a lot about it (wonder why) but the kid who flew the Cessna into the office building was Arab.  His mom's husband/boyfriend was an Arab named Bishari (I think that's what the article said on Drudge).  The kid took his mom's maiden name.  

Little arabs just as bad as the big ones...glad he's out of the gene pool and that he didn't use a gun.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#1]
funny he looked to be about as white as snow!
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:36:13 PM EDT
[#2]
A real Johnny Walker wannabe... good riddance.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Kinda pathetic, he broke out a window and made a mess of a single office.
View Quote
Not to mention destroying a perfectly good Cessna 172!
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#5]
A 15 year-old, f*cked-up kid did nothing but kill himself and cause his family decades of anguish and self-recrimination.

His attempt to promote a cause was childishly ineffective. His understanding of the issues were those of a 15 year-old kid. His action gained no followers. He just killed himself in a stupid adolescent act!

I suggest we all subdue the "macho man" attitude and excercise some compassion –  no one is going to think you're gay!
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 7:37:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Suicide is suicide, whether it's by a gun or a plane.  It's pretty selfish and just hurts those left behind in a way that doesn't allow them to directly address the problems the family has.  Sad, no matter when it happens, or to whom.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I thought they said he wasn't a terrorist.  Did something change?
View Quote

There was a suicide note in the plane that expressed his sympathy for the killers and OBL.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#10]
een Pilot Remembered As Patriot

By VICKIE CHACHERE
.c The Associated Press

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - The 15-year-old who crashed a small plane into a skyscraper was a former flag-bearer at school assemblies who wanted to join the Air Force, the boy's teachers said Monday.

Police said Charles Bishop left behind a note expressing support for Osama bin Laden and the Sept. 11 attacks - news that stunned one educator who remembered him for singing patriotic songs.

``I can picture him singing ``My Country 'Tis of Thee,' bellowing it out. He was proud to be an American,'' said Dale Porter, head master at Dunedin Academy, the private school where Bishop attended eighth grade.

In a statement Monday, Bishop's family said they were devastated by their loss and grateful no one else was harmed.

``Charles and his family have always fully supported our United States' war on terrorism and Osama Bin Laden,'' they said in the statement. ``We do not understand why or how this incident happened.''

Authorities said Bishop had no known terrorist ties.

Tampa police said it appeared he deliberately flew the Cessna 172R into the 42-story Bank of America Plaza on Saturday after ignoring signals to land from a Coast Guard helicopter. He was the only fatality when the plane slammed into the 28th floor.

Bishop, a student pilot, took off in the plane without authorization while he was supposed to be checking its equipment at his flight school. Gov. Jeb Bush said Monday the Federal Aviation Administration should consider changing the way it regulates the schools.

``How do we make sure this doesn't happen again?'' Bush said.

About 20 students met with grief counselors Monday at East Lake High, where Bishop was a freshman, said Ron Stone, a spokesman for Pinellas County School District.

Link Posted: 1/7/2002 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Gabriella Terry, Bishop's high school journalism teacher, said her class often discussed the Sept. 11 attacks and that Bishop was saddened by them.

``He told me he wanted to join the U.S. Air Force because he wanted to do something good for his country. He was a good boy,'' Terry said. ``The picture that is being portrayed of him is not the person that we knew and loved.''

Bishop attended Dunedin Academy before transferring to the high school because of an illness in his family, Porter said.

Teachers at the private school said Bishop coordinated a holiday literary magazine, entered essay contests sponsored by the Daughters of the American Revolution and helped plan bake sales and food drives while serving on the student council.

Bishop volunteered to serve as a flag bearer at morning assemblies, standing taut while singing ``The Star Spangled Banner,'' ``America the Beautiful'' and ``The Battle Hymn of the Republic.''

Instructors at the St. Petersburg-Clearwater airport, where Bishop took off in the plane before a flight lesson was to begin, said the teen-ager was an aspiring pilot who washed airplanes to earn lessons.

Robert Cooper, who owned the flight school where Bishop began taking lessons in March, said he doubted the sincerity of Bishop's note and said the boy had expressed anger and disgust at the Sept. 11 attacks.

``I would call him a relatively typical gangly, intelligent, articulate 15-year-old with a complexion problem and a passion for flying,'' Cooper said. ``There are a million kids out there like that.''

David Cunningham, the school's operations manager, remembered taking Bishop out for a flight to celebrate straight A's on his report card in December. Cunningham said Bishop recently learned he had been accepted in a program for honors students to travel to Australia next summer.

``He was all pumped up about it. It looked like things were looking up for him,'' said Cunningham, who wrote Bishop's letter of recommendation.

AP-NY-01-07-02 2213EST

[i]Hmm, now we have a choice of people to beleve now dont we?[/i]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 8:00:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Too bad the Air Force did not get a chance to get some target practice in.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#13]
From [url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20020107/ts/crash_plane_dc_18.html[/url]

Bishop, an only child, lived with his mother in Palm Harbor, about 20 miles east of Tampa. They moved there last year after living in Massachusetts and Atlanta.

Bishop was a freshman at East Lake High School. Some of the students and teachers who knew him said he had denounced bin Laden and the Sept. 11 attacks.

``He was disgusted by Osama bin Laden,'' classmate Derek Perryman told the St. Petersburg Times.

Andrea Panarelli, one of Bishop's teachers, told the Times: ''He was a bright, good kid.''

The school reopened on Monday after a two-week break for Christmas and New Year's Day. School officials said grief counselors would be on hand for any students who needed them.

During his brief flight, Bishop also flew through restricted airspace over MacDill Air Force Base on the southern tip of Tampa. The U.S. Central Command, which is in charge of the war in Afghanistan, has its headquarters on the base.
View Quote

This is quite opposite of what the Tampa PD has been spouting about this kid.

Of course a local police official would NEVER exaggerate evidence to a high profile case when he was before the cameras would he [;D]

The Feds have only said that he had no terrorist links.  Perhaps we should wait for the FBI to release the actual text of the note?
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 8:10:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:21:55 PM EDT
[#15]
On regards to Racial Profiling:

"Sometimes it's not racial rofiling, it's just damn good police work" D.L. Hugley

Been my motto for a little while now
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:28:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Caught the intro to Dateline NBC tonight. They actually call him [b]"an All-American Boy".[/b]

No mention of his original family name (Bishari sp?) or that his Father is Lebanese.

And they dared not call him the dreaded four-letter word "ARAB".

LiberalMediaBiasSlant once again.

Link Posted: 1/9/2002 2:10:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ya, I wanted to see gun camera footage on my evening news too.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 2:27:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Suprisingly this was only on the Front Page of one paper in Florida Monday morning. I was traveling from Fort Lauderdale to Pensacola. I didn't even see it on the front of the Oralndo Sentinel. WTF, being Tampa's Partner city I would have expected them if anybody to publish it.

Watch for them Lebanese. I posted a while back about a guy I met in South Florida. He was supposedly Lebanese. This was in 2000. He bragged about be a student pilot, etc...He was learning to fly commercial jets (Specifically  7X7s). I sent this info. to the FBI back in September and have not heard from them. I guess they don't care.

But, what I was saying was this guy seemed as Pro-America/Anti-Terrorist as they get. But, after 9-11, I wonder if he was one of them considering it is too much of a damn coincidence. And especially since he looked like one of the guys pictured on TV as a hijacker.

You cannot tell what a person is thinking inside. This kid obviously kept his true leanings hidden. I hope rots in Hell.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 2:28:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 4:04:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Hmmmm...
``I would call him a relatively typical gangly, intelligent, articulate 15-year-old [u]with a complexion problem[/u] and a passion for flying,'' Cooper said. ``There are a million kids out there like that.''
View Quote

Accutane [u]and[/u] a 'complexion problem'?

Reason enough to make any 15 year old suicidal! [>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 5:57:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Ya, I wanted to see gun camera footage on my evening news too.
View Quote

Well since its about a 3 minute flight from Tampa International to MacDill, if they want to protect the Airbase maybe the AF needs to station some fighters at MacDill [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 6:20:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
We have had some high profile crimes in my hometown recently (mass shooting execution style 8 shot 2 dead children, robbery abduction) that when the story broke they made no mention of the alleged assailants race.

Gotta keep the PC crowd happy I guess.

Myself, I'll still keep happily profiling away.
View Quote

You should see the local newsrag here in Nashville. Every time there's a robbery/rape/murder report & a description they **somehow** forget the race portion. Do you know how many males at 5' 10", wearing tee shirts there are? Kinda funny if it weren't so GD stupid.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 10:57:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Our betters are still feeding us the news, selectively. As always I say just report everything.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 11:18:22 AM EDT
[#24]
I just heard about the Accutane thing on the radio this morning. I can already smell a "lawsuit" in the works. Accutane is a hard core drug, it's a wonder drug that works great for acne but not without severe side effects. The prescribing Physician is supposed to monitor the patient monthly for increased blood choleresterol and more importantly make sure that they are about to jump off a building. I think that the mood swing component probably effects the teenagers more with all of their hormones starting to kick in. Maybe this punk should've stuck with the Clearasil and Prosac.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 11:29:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Retinoic Acid (marketed as "Acutaine") isn't a bad drug.  It makes up a small part of Vitamin A and is naturally occuring.  It can cause liver problems (rarely) and the biggest side effects of the drug are chapped lips and headaches if the dosage is high enough.

People talk about the psycological side effects of the drug...teenagers have a certain level of mental problems anyway, and a certain number of teenagers commit suicide every year (more boys than girls accomplish it).  When you compare the normal number of suicides of kids on Acutaine and not on Acutaine....they are roughly the same.

Once again, lawyers are sniffing lawsuits and jury awards...the kid was a victim and not responsible, his poor mom didn't know enough and she's a victim too!

This is a safe drug, the kid was a part-Arab skank who supported terrorists and was anti-US...at least he was the only one who assumed room temperature by his actions.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 2:03:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Accutane is not that safe, the same goes for any long term medication that contains high doses of vitamin A. Vitamin A can be fatal if too much is consumed at one time or too much for long periods of time. It's not like vitamin C that is just expelled in urine, vit-A can cause water in the brain (hydrocephalus) along with a host of other maladies.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Accutane is used for a period of 6 months.  It makes your skin dry, and lips chapped.  That is all.  I used it, and it worked.  It was the only thing that worked for my ance when I was younger.

Higher suicides might be possible, but due to the fact ance covered teens are going to be more suicidal in the first place!  It had no psychological effects.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 5:47:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Foxnews today said that out of 12 million accutane users, about 150 of them have committed suicide. Thats 1.25 suicides per 100,000 people, well under the national suicide rate of teens 15-19, which was 8.9/100,000. I'd say that accutane is PROTECTIVE, and the close medical supervision they get REDUCES suicides. Of course, this is just another trial lawyer driven cash cow, just like silicone breast implants. The liberal fleecing of industry marches on.... And you bitch about why simple antibiotics cost so much.

suicide data
http://www.nimh.nih.gov/research/suifact.htm
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:13:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
They aren't talking a lot about it (wonder why) but the kid who flew the Cessna into the office building was Arab.  His mom's husband/boyfriend was an Arab named Bishari (I think that's what the article said on Drudge).  The kid took his mom's maiden name.  

Little arabs just as bad as the big ones...glad he's out of the gene pool and that he didn't use a gun.
View Quote

Do you have any sources for this?  I searched through the Drudge search engine, but could not find anything.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:36:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Most boys grow up an want to be like their dads...boys need a good relationship with their pop...this kid didnt..was raised by his mom and grandmom...(not that you cant turn out decent anyway its just more difficult)
In school,after a teacher lectured kids on not picking on others based on race, creed, handicap etc...this kid came up to the teach after class and thanked her for what she had just said.."Because", he said, "You never know some kids may be Arab"...and then went on his way... The teacher never gave it another thought -until now
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:14:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you have any sources for this?  I searched through the Drudge search engine, but could not find anything.
View Quote

Another article:

[url]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=26011[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top