Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 7:33:57 AM EDT

teaxt

SEATTLE -- One hundred fifty-one football games.
De La Salle High School's 39-20 loss to Bellevue (Wash.) ended the Spartans' record winning streak Saturday night in front of 24,987 people at Qwest Field.

Senior J.R. Hasty led the Wolverines, rushing for 271 yards and scoring four touchdowns. Bellevue also got a 37-yard touchdown run by sophomore quarterback Eric Block.

The Spartans -- from Concord, Calif., a suburban community east of San Francisco -- had not lost since falling in the North Coast Section championship game Dec. 7, 1991, when the current seniors on the team were in kindergarten.

Their average victory during the 12-season undefeated streak was by 38.2 points, and 43 of their 151 wins were shutouts. De La Salle also was crowned with five USA Today national championships during the span.

The Spartans broke the nation's previous longest winning streak at 72 games in 1997, going on to more than double it..........
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:37:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll bet there was some high-quality sympathy sex going on after that, though.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:40:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'll bet there was some high-quality sympathy sex going on after that, though.

If that were true, I would have been tempted to end the winning streak much sooner than that.

Course, chicks dig winners.........
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:50:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Reminds me of Grishams Book, "Bleachers"

Great Book especially if you like HS Football.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top