Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2008 8:10:52 PM EDT
My buddy was cleaning out his garage and found an old plastic flare pistol and a few bandoleers of flares, maybe a dozen total or so.  The barrel on the flare pistol is cracked, so it's no good, and I wouldn't trust the flares in an emergency situation due to unknown age and condition.

so can they be safely loaded and fired from a conventional shotgun?  This would just be for S&G's at the range, not for an actual emergency situation.  The shotgun in question is a Mossberg590 with a 20" non choked barrel.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used them in an 870. They're really unimpressive.  Hardly loud at all, and no recoil to speak of. One night me and some buddies used a few for starting a bon fire soaked in gasoline.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Might be a nice way to start off a live fire bayonet charge....

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Might be a nice way to start off a live fire bayonet charge....

maybe, but who would play the trumpet?  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:23:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Free Bump.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Did the flare pistol get broken from being tossed down a driveway?!

It should be safe, at worst it would hurt the barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top