Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/2/2002 6:45:52 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:00:12 AM EST
To the tune from Spiderman cartoons: Married man Married man Drives around in a Mini-Van... What a great project. I'd have killed to have my kids actually like to go to the track with me.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:10:57 AM EST
Talk about a sleeper, its even got the fake woodpanel applique on it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:20:59 AM EST
Could you say EAT MY DUST..that is great I am going to e-mail this guy and congratulate him.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:25:57 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/2/2002 7:27:14 AM EST by threefiftynone]
All that, for about the price you would pay for a M16A2... Just depends what you want to do. I know I don't wanna pull up at the next stoplight against him in the 'Yota.... FatMan... you've been listening to JohnBoy too much....lol
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 12:28:47 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/3/2002 12:39:41 AM EST by slapnuts302]
I've seen that van run. I race at Route 66 alot and know quite a bit about drag racing. If you look at the time slips the 60ft times for both cars are very different. The van is runnin 1.8 60ft times compared to 2.1 and 2.3 for the stang and maro. This is from the van using slicks vs. reg. tires on the other cars. Thats a 1/2 sec difference right there. A trap speed of 105mph and a vehicle weight of 3000lbs indicates the van is making about 275hp or so at the wheels (impressive but not incredible). Without the aid of slicks, the times and race results would be much less dramatic.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 12:37:49 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/3/2002 12:42:46 AM EST by slapnuts302]
Just to add to my last post...Another thing to note is the reaction times posted by all of the racers. Cutting a .780 light on a sportsman tree is absolutely HORRENDOUS. I normally cut .550 or better. Given 2 identical cars runnin the same times, a .3 difference off the line equals about a car length. A good running LT1 Maro should run somewhere in the 13.3 range on radial tires (12.9 or so with slicks) with someone who knows how to drive. As for the MORON in the stang, NO COMMENT. Put slicks on the camaro and you would have a much closer and more EVEN race. Pitting a car with slicks (ANY car) against one without em is a very UNFAIR comparison. BY THE WAY: I drive Fords so I'm not sticking up for the Camaro in any way, shape, or form :)
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 12:44:28 AM EST
Truely so funny.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 1:02:32 AM EST
Wolf in sheep's clothing. That's some pretty funny stuff.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 1:17:42 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/3/2002 1:19:00 AM EST by operatorerror]
Slapnuts, I understand what your saying, but... it's a mini van! Poor reaction times vs good reaction times, crappy drivers, slicks, turbos, whatever, it makes no difference. The van is beating Camaros and Mustangs. No matter how you cut it, that's impressive. And it's probably a real crowd pleaser too. Edited to add that it's a FOUR cylinder too!
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 3:00:04 AM EST
Originally Posted By operatorerror: Slapnuts, I understand what your saying, but... it's a mini van! Poor reaction times vs good reaction times, crappy drivers, slicks, turbos, whatever, it makes no difference. The van is beating Camaros and Mustangs. No matter how you cut it, that's impressive. And it's probably a real crowd pleaser too. Edited to add that it's a FOUR cylinder too!
View Quote
Exactly! The fact that this guy can get a vehicle with the aerodynamics of a barn door to make even the average Camaro or Mustang look sick is fantastic. In bracket racing (do they still call it that?), the first guy across the line is the winner (provided he doesn't "break out"), but the time slip tells the real deal. An unmodified family van can beat a nitro Funny Car, if his reaction time is spot-on and he runs exactly on his predicted time, but the time slip will shpw the family van in the 18's at 80mph, while the funny car will be in the 5's at 240mph. Please pardon the time/speeds. it's been a while since I've been at the "christmas tree" at Raceway park in Englishtown.
Top Top