Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 5:01:43 AM EDT
Man, the media cannot be trusted to report the FACTS of a story!!  

Love how they leave out the word "illegal" in the title.  

Most people cannot read and comprehend a simple sentence.  

Once again giving the false impression that there is no legal ownership of machine guns in this country!!

As an aside, I live in Lawrenceville and wonder if I ever ran into any of these fellas??

Anyone out there have any details about this?

www.11alive.com/news/usnews_article.aspx?storyid=74144

12 Admit to Machine-Gun Sales
Provided By:  The Associated Press
Last Modified: 1/5/2006 1:28:36 PM

ATLANTA (AP) -- Twelve men from Georgia, Kentucky and Alabama pleaded guilty Wednesday to federal charges relating to the unlawful manufacture, sale, and possession of machine guns.

Two more are expected to plead guilty on Jan. 17 in a case involving the seizure of 33 illegally made and owned machine guns, the U.S. Attorney's Office said.

"We must be vigilant against the proliferation of machine guns into our community," U.S. Attorney David Nahmias said.

Guilty pleas were entered by Larry Bush, 50, of Lawrenceville; Michael A. Miller, 49, Mark S. Miller, 43, J. Corey Adams, 28, and Huey Hutchinson, 66, of Carrollton; Kevin Bush, 42, South Shore, Ky.; Joseph Stanley Nabors, 49, Dallas, Ga.; Phillip Slaughter, 43, of Douglasville; Bruce Wade Wilkinson, 40, of Columbus; Rodney Williams, 44, Roopville; John Arrington, 33, of Heflin, Ala.; and Thomas Morrison, 42, Villa Rica.

Larry Bush, Michael Miller and Corey Adams admitted manufacturing and selling machine guns, and the others pleaded guilty to illegal possession, Nahmias said.

(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:24:57 AM EDT
[#1]
As for my reaction, a great big......so what.

I'm outraged at the NFA, not those who recognize it's illegality.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:30:24 AM EDT
[#2]
If there are so many illegal machineguns in the hands of unauthorized owners, then why isn't there bunches of machinegun related shootings?  I'll tell you why.  Those guys were probably putting a Sten or Suomi or Beretta submachine gun in the closet for SHTF and would never use it to commit a crime.  Who's the victim here?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:31:13 AM EDT
[#3]
What were their screen names on Assault Web?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:35:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
As for my reaction, a great big......so what.

I'm outraged at the NFA, not those who recognize it's illegality.

I fully agree!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:51:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Them Miller boys are at it again.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:55:04 AM EDT
[#6]
the less people that recognize they are legal the better since they won't try as hard to make them illegal
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:56:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What were their screen names on Assault Web?

LOL
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:06:04 AM EDT
[#8]

"We must be vigilant against the proliferation of machine guns into our community," U.S. Attorney David Nahmias said.

Fuck You.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top