Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2004 7:11:37 PM EDT
Some parenting missing here I think.

news.tbo.com/news/MGBJDK3ZVZD.html

CRYSTAL RIVER - An 11-year- old boy was charged with manslaughter Sunday, hours after authorities say he fatally shot a 13-year-old playmate.
Antonio Fernandez was arrested by the Citrus County Sheriff's Office and charged with manslaughter after consulting with state attorneys, sheriff's spokeswoman Ronda Hemminger Evan said.

Johnny Michael Masukevich, 13, was pronounced dead as he was being taken to Seven Rivers Regional Medical Center, Evan said.

Evan said Fernandez told investigators that he had retrieved the handgun from a safe at his home at 8505 N. Pine Needle Terrace.

Fernandez's mother, Michelle Ash, was asleep in the house at the time, Evan said.

Fernandez told investigators during an interview that he knew the gun was loaded with one bullet, but that he didn't think it would fire, Evan said.

Evan said Fernandez told detectives that he and Masukevich took turns pointing the gun at each other and pulling the trigger. On the third pull, the gun went off, she said.

Masukevich was shot in the chest.

Authorities responded to an emergency call about 12:15 p.m.

Fernandez was being held without bail at a sheriff's facility, Evan said.

Fernandez is expected to make his first appearance in court today.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:17:44 PM EDT
[#1]
wow, I want to know what possesses kids to do that.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:01:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Parents not teaching their kids about firearms.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Violent video games and movies that kids play - kill hookers to be cool!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Whats a 11 year old doin up at midnight with a firearm?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Revolver with one round? Or just a cheap shit unreliable auto?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:42:42 PM EDT
[#6]
This pisses me off, when idiotic shit like this happens. Douche bag parents and dumb kids are killing us gun owners. WTF!!! Everytime someone misuses a firearm, it just gives the million retards more ammo to go after us.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:45:31 PM EDT
[#7]
This kid even said he KNEW there were bullets in the gun! He wasnt even taught how a revolver works by his parent(s)!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top