Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2001 5:32:46 PM EDT
Well I feel bitter sweet. I just bought (well traded with some cash) for my Delta Elite. I am so happy, and have wanted one for a while. It was a super sweet deal, and I was all excited like a little kid today, and yet I feel sad for all those poor people. You know kind of guilty for having it so good? I hope we get those bastards!!!! I hope this will change our country for the better.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey bud, enjoy your toy.  That is a kick-ass gun.  #1, it's a Colt, #2, the 10mm is an awesome handgun cartridge.  #3, it's a Colt.

We need to grieve for our lost.  We need to never forget.  And we need to go on being happy.

I have a Gold Cup Trophy that I love and shoot more than any of my handguns.  It's the most accurate auto i've personally ever shot.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:12:39 PM EDT
[#2]
It is a kickass gun!!! Yes I am very glad to have it as well. It's the kind of gun however I will probably not shoot much as (well) they don't make them anymore. The kind of thing I will give my child someday with pride. I want to get a gold cup one of these days as well:) Where'd you find yours?
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:20:04 PM EDT
[#3]
When you care enough to send the very best.........
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:30:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate to throw cold water on your new gun, BUT.  My friend owns a public firing range where he rents out guns to the shooting public.  They used to have a Delta Elite, firing full-power factory 10mm, the slide cracked at 5K rounds, and I think the frame cracked at 10,000.  I have a Delta Gold Cup myself, but I handload my 10mm to 45ACP levels to avoid beating up your gun.  You can always fire full-power 10s in self-defence situations.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 12:25:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Do you mean "full power" as in the original Norma loads- 200gr at 1200fps and 170gr at 1400fps? The current factory stuff is downloaded to such a degree that many people call them mid-power.

Here is a very nice 10mm page:

[url]marina.fortunecity.com/harbour/347/10mm.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 5:42:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It is a kickass gun!!! Yes I am very glad to have it as well. It's the kind of gun however I will probably not shoot much as (well) they don't make them anymore. The kind of thing I will give my child someday with pride. I want to get a gold cup one of these days as well:) Where'd you find yours?
View Quote
                                        I feel lucky to have run into a delta myself.....it is 100% reliable so far, and actually prefer to carry over the gold cup 45...which is fine...there are subsonic loads available factory if you need....you know that colt`s quality control suffered for a time and it cost them...I believe it may be more a reason for failure than the round...and imbro is right...factory stuff off the shelf is`nt "too hot".......enjoy it...hey, if it breaks, fix it...or-move on....[:)]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:14:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do you mean "full power" as in the original Norma loads- 200gr at 1200fps and 170gr at 1400fps? The current factory stuff is downloaded to such a degree that many people call them mid-power.
View Quote

Oh I forgot to mention congrads.  The 10mm is some real powerful medicine.  A real kicka$$ round. Oh, not that the exotic Norma stuff, it is way over powered, but the plain ordinary, gun store variety, like Federal White Box, PMC, etc.  I think at that time they were stocking the PMC in the orange & white boxes.  You may have a problem finding 10mm ammo at your local Wal-mart. On mine, I have the full-lenght gun rod from Kings Gun Works, Glendale CA.  It has 2 recoil springs and 2 plastic shock buffs to help prevent the battering of the slide & frame.  The 10 is not dead, just kinda languishing.  The FBI is using the 10mm in their HK MP5/10 submachine guns.  I had a oppurtunity to fire the MP5/10 and the recoil/muzzle raise was stout compared to their 9mmNATO MP5s.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:51:15 AM EDT
[#8]
My 10mm comes in a Glock 20.  I often carry it deer hunting(one of the few automatic handgun cartridges you can hunt with in MN) just because I would love to find out what this cart. will do to flesh and bone.  This is one of the few cartridges I have but don't reload.  I would assume that my G20 could withstand max pressure recomended for this round if I so choose load them up...?
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#9]
As I see it, glock still offers the 10 for a reason......I have used it for kill shots on wounded deer, but still skeptical on hunting with it...CAN say, that the 180 gr hydros do a lot of damage.........[:)]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:30:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My 10mm comes in a Glock 20.  I often carry it deer hunting(one of the few automatic handgun cartridges you can hunt with in MN) just because I would love to find out what this cart. will do to flesh and bone.  This is one of the few cartridges I have but don't reload.  I would assume that my G20 could withstand max pressure recomended for this round if I so choose load them up...?
View Quote

10mm Glock 20s are a new animal, it was developed from the ground up to handle the powerful 10.  I have heard from Glock reps that they will take a sustained diet of full-power 10s, no problem.  Unlike the Colt Delta Elite, which was derived from a the lower pressure 45ACP 1911 platform.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 5:52:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
10mm Glock 20s are a new animal, it was developed from the ground up to handle the powerful 10.  I have heard from Glock reps that they will take a sustained diet of full-power 10s, no problem.  Unlike the Colt Delta Elite, which was derived from a the lower pressure 45ACP 1911 platform.
View Quote

Glock has stated the 20s are rated for 35,000+ rounds of the Norma loads.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:17:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Glock has stated the 20s are rated for 35,000+ rounds of the Norma loads.
View Quote

I have no reason not to doubt it.  The same range has a Glock 17 9mm that has had 500,000 rounds through it.  I think I would get "car pool" tunnel long before hitting 35,000, not to mention a serverely depleted bank account.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#13]
To tell you the truth I probably won't be taking the Delta to the range much. I plan on keeping it for a long time if not forever. I have a Glock 20,29, thinking of a EAA 10, and looking into a 10mm in a revolver. I want to build a nice collection of 10's. I just love the 10mm cartridge. I prefer it over the 45, which may get some weird stares or comments. Some say the recoil is hell, but I find it no different from the 45, and my accuracy is a lot better. Thanks for all the comments.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 11:04:30 PM EDT
[#14]
i believe HK dropped the 10mm from the MP5 line, reason ? ...beats up the gun too much.
ive had the guys at Kings say that the 10mm is too powerful for the 1911 style pistol.

you could down load the round to almost 40cal pressure, or get a bar-sto drop in barrel in 40cal for the gun, same mags.
ive heard of people using 40cal in the 10mm barrels (glocks), but i wouldnt reccomend it, its gotta be hard on the throat (its not like shooting a 38 in a 357), and the accuracy suffers.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 1:30:41 PM EDT
[#15]
For what it`s worth, Nugent is a 10mm fan...........[stick]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#16]
good enough for uncle ted, good enough for me.

[:)]
Quoted:
For what it`s worth, Nugent is a 10mm fan...........[stick]
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#17]
I bought one when they first come out. On the second box of factory ammo the slide stop sheared off. Sent it back to Colt for repair and dumped it right away.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:54:29 AM EDT
[#19]
.224 BOZ BABY!!
[img]http://www.civil-defence.org/products/ballistics/boz224/photos/boz01s.gif[/img]
10mm necked down to 223

The original development of the .224 BOZ  Ammunition was done on a pistol/handgun format. Utilising the work done during this development, Civil Defence Supply offers a PPW (Personal Protection Weapon) based on a high capacity pistol. The construction of the weapon utilises the robust, tried and tested 1911 format, built to a specification and gives full ammunition compatibility between PPW and PDW formats.
View Quote

Like the P90 cartridge, this baby is designed for AP abilities in small packages just like the delta elite.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top