BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2011 9:45:16 PM EDT
Don'tcha think?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:45:57 PM EDT

Quoted:

Don'tcha think?

nope.  it is now time to utterly SMASH the Taliban and AQ with a MASSIVE offensive action

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:46:13 PM EDT
yeah, because terrorism ended with that cocksucker...

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:46:35 PM EDT
Quoted:

Quoted:
Don'tcha think?

nope.  it is now time to utterly SMASH the Taliban and AQ with a MASSIVE offensive action

You really think that will happen under this president?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:47:08 PM EDT
Quoted:

Our presence there is not quelling terrorism.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:47:11 PM EDT
No, now we start really fucking up the terrorists. You don't just stop when you get one person.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:48:13 PM EDT
Quoted:
No, now we start really fucking up the terrorists. You don't just stop when you get one person.

You really think that will happen with this president?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:48:22 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most would disagree

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:49:48 PM EDT
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Most would disagree  

Including the troops that continue to get blown up by IEDs?

I'm no peacenik, but there is no fucking endgame. We did what we set out to do, kill that cocksucker. Time to go.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:50:53 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Most would disagree  

I'm no peacenik, but there is no fucking endgame. We did what we set out to do, kill that cocksucker. Time to go.

You genuinely believe we went to war and invaded a country simply to get one man?  Or even a few men?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:50:58 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:51:20 PM EDT
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Most would disagree  

+1

There hasen't been any major attacks since we've taken the fight to them, I'de say we've hurt their ability to go offensive.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:51:36 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Most would disagree  

You genuinely believe we went to war and invaded a country simply to get one man?  Or even a few men?

Explain why we invaded shitfuckistan then?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:53:21 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Most would disagree  

Explain why we invaded shitfuckistan then?

To crush the Islamist movement that OBL was able to mostly take control of.  You don't do that by killing a single man.  They don't think like us at all.  Too many of us in the West can't conceptualize their concept of time and divine will.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:54:01 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Most would disagree  

Real life is not a movie or a book. There is no plot that has a beginning and an end where everything gets wrapped up. Things keep going on and on and on and on forever because there is no end. There are no clear answers and everything doesn't get explained of fixed. The good guys don't always win and the bad guy don't always lose. We all have to continue on this narrative forever because it is forever. If you think packing up our shit and going home will change anything or stop anything you're fooling yourself.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:56:01 PM EDT
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Most would disagree  

Real life is not a movie or a book. There is no plot that has a beginning and an end where everything gets wrapped up. Things keep going on and on and on and on forever because there is no end. There are no clear answers and everything doesn't get explained of fixed. The good guys don't always win and the bad guy don't always lose. We all have to continue on this narrative forever because it is forever.  

I think it's that most Westerners are relatively spoiled due to the lack of real Western war since 1945.  It really is amazing just how much an effect the prospect of nuclear annihilation has stopped (for now) the trend in our history to fight amongst ourselves every couple of decades.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:56:18 PM EDT

Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists

Introduction

Begun and held at the City of Washington on Wednesday, the third day of January, two thousand and one,

Joint Resolution

To authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against those responsible for the recent attacks launched against the United States.

Whereas, on September 11, 2001, acts of treacherous violence were committed against the United States and its citizens; and

Whereas, such acts render it both necessary and appropriate that the United States exercise its rights to self-defense and to protect United States citizens both at home and abroad; and

Whereas, in light of the threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States posed by these grave acts of violence; and

Whereas, such acts continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States; and

Whereas, the President has authority under the Constitution to take action to deter and prevent acts of international terrorism against the United States: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

[edit] Section 1 - Short Title

This joint resolution may be cited as the 'Authorization for Use of Military Force'.
[edit] Section 2 - Authorization For Use of United States Armed Forces

(a) IN GENERAL- That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons.

(b) War Powers Resolution Requirements-

(1) SPECIFIC STATUTORY AUTHORIZATION- Consistent with section 8(a)(1) of the War Powers Resolution, the Congress declares that this section is intended to constitute specific statutory authorization within the meaning of section 5(b) of the War Powers Resolution.

(2) APPLICABILITY OF OTHER REQUIREMENTS- Nothing in this resolution supercedes [sic] any requirement of the War Powers Resolution.

Speaker of the House of Representatives.

Vice President of the United States and President of the Senate.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:56:40 PM EDT
I hear the lib/hippies screaming louder for immediate withdrawal of all u.s. troops now that the head of the snake has been cut off.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:57:37 PM EDT
I see this whole situation like this....

The Taliban just announced their Spring offensive.

We just announced the death of their inspirational leader.

We have the upper hand. Kill as many as we can when they bounce out of their huts this Spring.

Then come home.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:58:11 PM EDT
Quoted:

Introduction

Begun and held at the City of Washington on Wednesday, the third day of January, two thousand and one,

Joint Resolution

To authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against those responsible for the recent attacks launched against the United States.

Whereas, on September 11, 2001, acts of treacherous violence were committed against the United States and its citizens; and

Whereas, such acts render it both necessary and appropriate that the United States exercise its rights to self-defense and to protect United States citizens both at home and abroad; and

Whereas, in light of the threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States posed by these grave acts of violence; and

Whereas, such acts continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States; and

Whereas, the President has authority under the Constitution to take action to deter and prevent acts of international terrorism against the United States: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

This joint resolution may be cited as the 'Authorization for Use of Military Force'.

(a) IN GENERAL- That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons.

(1) SPECIFIC STATUTORY AUTHORIZATION- Consistent with section 8(a)(1) of the War Powers Resolution, the Congress declares that this section is intended to constitute specific statutory authorization within the meaning of section 5(b) of the War Powers Resolution.

(2) APPLICABILITY OF OTHER REQUIREMENTS- Nothing in this resolution supercedes [sic] any requirement of the War Powers Resolution.

Good job.  Now please read it.  I highlighted some things for you.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:58:33 PM EDT
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes  

Well, I for one don't have any sense that Obama has the will to do anything other than dither the fuck around while the Taliban gets stronger, and Qaeda rebuilds itself.

I'd rather take the boots off the ground, and bomb the shit out of them when necessary.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:58:41 PM EDT
Yep.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:59:55 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes  

Well, I for one don't have any sense that Obama has the will to do anything other than dither the fuck around while the Taliban gets stronger, and Qaeda rebuilds itself.

I'd rather take the boots off the ground, and bomb the shit out of them when necessary.

As this operation has shown. Bombs don't stop people like Osama. Men on the ground do.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:59:55 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes  

Brilliant strategy.  Let's just bomb them again every time they commit a terrorist act.  Unbelievable some of you people...
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:00:28 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:

Introduction

Joint Resolution

Good job.  Now please read it.  I highlighted some things for you.

I did read it, I read it with a realist eye. Yes, it's an authorization for a war without end. Awesome.

Fuck it. You guys think Obama has the guts to actually do something in Afghanistan. I don't.

Good night, and may bin Laden burn in hell.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:00:33 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Real life is not a movie or a book. There is no plot that has a beginning and an end where everything gets wrapped up. Things keep going on and on and on and on forever because there is no end. There are no clear answers and everything doesn't get explained of fixed. The good guys don't always win and the bad guy don't always lose. We all have to continue on this narrative forever because it is forever.  

I think it's that most Westerners are relatively spoiled due to the lack of real Western war since 1945.  It really is amazing just how much an effect the prospect of nuclear annihilation has stopped (for now) the trend in our history to fight amongst ourselves every couple of decades.

Ain't that the truth.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:00:39 PM EDT

Quoted:

In 1991, we were 100 miles from Baghdad and Sadaam Hussein. We stopped short. There were a lot of Kurdish and Shi'a Iraqis who were counting on us to go all of the way, and be there for them.

We gave them a no-fly zone...

How well did that work out?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:01:49 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Most would disagree  

Have you even been over here?

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:02:12 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes  

Brilliant strategy.  Let's just bomb them again every time they commit a terrorist act.  Unbelievable some of you people...

One last post. Our current strategy is to win their hearts and minds. That's the biggest unworkable, libtarded idealistic crock of shit since Peace In Our Time.

g'nite.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:02:47 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

In 1991, we were 100 miles from Baghdad and Sadaam Hussein. We stopped short. There were a lot of Kurdish and Shi'a Iraqis who were counting on us to go all of the way, and be there for them.

No half measures. Not in a conflict like this.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:04:13 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes  

One last post. Our current strategy is to win their hearts and minds. That's the biggest unworkable, libtarded idealistic crock of shit since Peace In Our Time.

g'nite.

Have you ever studied what we are doing? Even Obama had to admit that he was completely wrong about opposing our strategy in the past and couldn't deny that it was the most effective way of doing this.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:05:28 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:

When were you over there and in what capacity?  I mean you speak like you're an expert on how things are happening over there so please do tell what your experience is.  From people who have been there, there is quite the activity kicking off right now even before this announcement, its the annual spring time offensive.  The bad guys are getting smoked.
Quoted:

Nevermind, its apparent you've never been there and have no concept of the outlying hostile regions.  Stoneage is the only way to describe the conditions.  Bomb what and who when we don't have the intel from on the ground?  Nevermind.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:06:10 PM EDT
Nope, now we take out #2...

Then we take out whoevers next.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:08:48 PM EDT
Nope, never been there. My opinion is null and void. move along, nothing to see here.

Got two brothers-in-law who have though. Neither one of them thought there was a viable way to "win" that war. Oh well. That's just hearsay to you elite operators though.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:10:33 PM EDT
Quoted:

Introduction

Joint Resolution

I'm not familiar with this item, but I gotta say- ya got the DATE wrong, Ace.

Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out.

'03

eta: give obama and Soros and KSM my worst regards, Troll.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:11:50 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:

Introduction

Joint Resolution

I'm not familiar with this item, but I gotta say- ya got the DATE wrong, Ace.

Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out.

'03

Straight from Wikipedia. Go fix it if you like.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:13:37 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes

Brilliant strategy. Let's just bomb them again every time they commit a terrorist act. Unbelievable some of you people...

g'nite.

Have you ever studied what we are doing? Even Obama had to admit that he was completely wrong about opposing our strategy in the past and couldn't deny that it was the most effective way of doing this.

Dave_, is that you?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:13:39 PM EDT
You go fix it. You got ALL the answers. and Thank your BILs for me, k?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:14:11 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When were you over there and in what capacity?  I mean you speak like you're an expert on how things are happening over there so please do tell what your experience is.  From people who have been there, there is quite the activity kicking off right now even before this announcement, its the annual spring time offensive.  The bad guys are getting smoked.
Quoted:

Nevermind, its apparent you've never been there and have no concept of the outlying hostile regions. Stoneage is the only way to describe the conditions.  Bomb what and who when we don't have the intel from on the ground?  Nevermind.

THIS!
I can walk about 20 yards from where I sit right now and look over the berm. The only thing I see are mudhuts, goats, and dirt. These people are poor, have no electricity or running water. When someone gets sick or hurt where do you think they take them? To the doctors office? Hospital? Nope, the bring them to the ECP of the FOB's in this area for care and they get treated like a fucking human being. All you naysayers can suck it because you have no idea what is going on over here. You won't see shit like that on CNN.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:15:34 PM EDT
Thanks, Sir G-  be safe.

'03
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:19:34 PM EDT
This is going to be a generational war, it is what it is, it isnt going to be over soon, I have fought in it, my uncle has, 3 cousins, and my adopted daughter, I imagine of the 3 at home, one more will fight in it and perhaps one of their children as well.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:20:26 PM EDT
Quoted:
Thanks, Sir G-  be safe.

'03

Thanks Lump, but, I'm just a lowly contractor here supporting the good guys. They are the ones doing the real work that so many seem to ignore.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:20:46 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes

Brilliant strategy. Let's just bomb them again every time they commit a terrorist act. Unbelievable some of you people...

g'nite.

Dave_, is that you?

I'm serious bro. I've been told Obama threw fits because he couldn't disagree with the research, the historical information and the theories and tactics he was being forced to learn and understand.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:24:54 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No half measures. Not in a conflict like this.

Agreed. Our follow-through in '91 would likely have precluded much of the anti-US resentment that we see now.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:26:54 PM EDT

Quoted:

Don'tcha think?

You really dont know how COIN/Terrorism works do you

Dont feel bad, neither does the rest of america

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:27:40 PM EDT
We have created chaos in the upper levels of Al Qaeda and their allies.  We should have forces in place to take advantage of that chaos.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:39:36 PM EDT
Quoted:
We have created chaos in the upper levels of Al Qaeda and their allies.  We should have forces in place to take advantage of that chaos.

don't think for one second that there aren't real highspeed operators (first time I got to use that word here WHOO) putting rounds on the enemy as I type this because there is a glorious shit-fit going on right now
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:48:12 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes  

So, you're saying we should go back to the Bill Clinton policy on Afghanistan and Iraq?  In your experience, how did that work out, bombing tents and camels in the desert?  In the years since we've invaded Afghanistan and taken the fight to the enemy, how many successful terror attacks have been conducted by Al Qaeda operatives here in America?

The facts are, after we helped the mujahadeen toss out the Soviets, we abandoned Afghanistan, leaving a power vacuum that was eventually filled by the Taliban, backed by Al Qaeda, and, since we've now helped the Afghanis throw out the Taliban and have killed the leader of Al Qaeda, were we to leave completely and immediately, the same power vacuum would eventually form, leaving the opportunity for more anti-Western sentiment to grow (Afterall, we abandon them twice after using them to accomplish our goals, who wouldn't be pissed?) and we will find that that area of the world, an area which is actually quite vital, would once again be destabilized and eventually we will lose any influence we have there.

Why is Afghanistan so vital, you ask?  Because it sits next to Iran, an Islamic nation which hates our very existence, and Pakistan, an Islamic nation which isn't really all that fond of us.  Oh, and Pakistan is a nuclear power and Iran is probably not all that far behind.  If we leave Afghanistan, given it's history of lawlessness and instability, the extremist members of the Muslim religion would once again find a fertile place for breeding and training another generation of Anti-Western terrorists.  It is imperative to the safety and security of the Western world that we help the Afghans build a nation of their own, in which the people themselves learn to act in their collective self-interest, giving each Afghan an equal say in how their Nation is led.  Only then can we leave, knowing that we've succeeded.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:07:55 PM EDT

Quoted:

If we pull out tommorrow and god himself smited the shit out of the entire country, terrorism still wouldn't end.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:17:07 PM EDT

So much stupidity tonight.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:05:23 AM EDT
OP request
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.