Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 3:47:47 AM EDT
Those were my boys and I really miss them.    R.I.P.

Yukla 27 memorial site

Another link

Cockpit recorder text

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:55:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:03:07 AM EDT
[#2]
The CVR tape is just haunting.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:21:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw the memorial when I visited a friend back in July.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:07:32 AM EDT
[#4]
One of my TI's in BMT used to fly with those guys at Elmendorf. He said that was a very bad time for him after the crash.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:13:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Heres another great link.

From the memorial pamphlet:

These two lived accross the hall from me in the dorm.  They were very new airman and I had been around for a while so I took them everywhere I could.  Lots of hikes, site seeing, etc.  They were only 19 but very mature and professional.

Darien F. Watson, Airman, USAF
Airborne Surveillance Technician

Jeshua C. Smith, Airman, USAF
Airborne Surveillance Technician
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#6]
This is a "famous" pic between the four of us.  It's at the top of a mountain near Anchorage.  It was suppose to be like the cover of a U2 album where we are looking in all different directions.  The two previously mentioned airman are the two on the left.  The negs to this pic were used to give it to their families as well.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry about your fallen brothers AWACER.  Not that it is any less tragic, but if I buy it I can't think of a better way to go than in the service of my Country.

I've hit a few birds (civilian job), but never bad enough to have any problems from it.  Come close enough a couple of times that I just about needed help gettin the cushion back out though.hats
I salute the crew of Yukla 27.  Your sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Fly safe.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:16:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I remember when that happened.  I'm from Anchorage but I was out of state at the time.  Geese were a big nuisance around Anchorage, but of course when measures were proposed to thin them out the animal lovers started shrieking in protest "They are residents of Anchorage as much as any person!"  Then that disaster happened, and the animal rights people shut up.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:18:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks for the replies.  BTW, Tim's got the flat top.  My hair never looked good with one.

I think GlocknAK is asking if that's Flattop mountain in your pic, about 3500' elevation that is a very popular climb around Anchorage. That's probably where your photo was taken.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#11]
, oh, your right; I really dont remember the name of the park.  It is very popular for people living in Anchorage.  It might just be Flattop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top