Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2002 5:32:19 PM EDT
Ran across a steal on a stainless 10/22 "T" today and just had to snatch it up.............at $250 NIB I could not resist.

While the trigger is severely lacking, I must say that I was quite impressed with the accuracy of this rifle in stock condition.

I put a Tasco 3x9-40 Silver Antler scope on it with Tasco rings [<$100] and zeroed it with CCI Mini Mags.

At 50 yds. I was able to get 10 shots into one ragged hole that you could cover with a nickle.

Seeing as this rifle is just for varmint control and low-key target shooting I think it will do quite nicely........especially with a better trigger.

Anyone got suggestions for drop in trigger components that smooth things up a bit?

Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#1]
WOW!!!  What a deal.

I have had my blued 10/22 T for a couple years.  It is topped with a B&L Elite 3000 (SWFA rocks).  It has been delivering accuracy like you describe since day one.  I have played with the idea of replacing the hammer components with either Volquartsen or Power Custom.  If you don't mind dropping $200 you can pick up the Trigger Guard 2000 from Volquartsen (price never changes, even at gun shows it seems).  It has the automatic bolt release, extended mag release, and all match trigger/sear/hammer components.  Really nice, but I have heard you can get the same trigger pull for $60 worth of parts if you don't mind doing the install yourself.  It is supposed to be easy.

For ammo try the Remington 22 Target ($4/100 @ Wally World), it is pretty good without paying match price.

Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on the great price.  Does "Clark Custom" make triggers for 10/22s?
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Do the "VOLQ" hammer thing, $30 I think. I put a set screw behind the trigger in the gaurd to stop over-travel after the sear breaks, and reset is minimal movement forward.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:50:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Great deal! I paid $275 for mine and it's not stainless. I get similar results at 50 yards (on a calm day). Check Brownell's - they carry a vast selection of trigger options for your new tack driver!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool, I recently purchased a new K1022TNZ SS, and put in a volq. action kit.  I haven't shot it yet because the scope was delayed(the distributer forgot to put it in the box with the rifle&rings).  I hope I have the same accuracy as everyone else.  I picked up a case(5000 rds.) of Eley Trainer for plinking.  Planning on shooting cans, and duelling trees.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool! You will love your 10/22!

I paid about $129 for mine (new) several years ago. I shot it so much (thousands and thousands of rounds with those 50-round mags), I need a new extractor (I think)... other than that-- its super-accurate with the standard barrel and open sites. In the future, I want to get a nice thumhole wood stock, a bull barrel, scope, and trigger job.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Smokin' deal for you, I think I paid $240 out the door of the pawn shop for a used one.

Bought a Leupold scope base to replace that thingy Ruger put on top of the receiver, and put a Nikon Monarch 4X on it.  I never had to zero the scope and I was able to reliably drive golf balls at 50 yards with el cheapo ammo.  Fun gun.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 9:08:56 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife has a 10/22T with Leupold 6-18X40 scope. She can cover ten shots with a dime at 50 yards when using CCI Green Tag.  Doesn't like HV ammo though.  Groups open up to an inch or more.

marsh
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:15:20 AM EDT
[#9]
What I`ve been wondering.......is the heavy bbl that much more accurate than the std bbl?.....is it worth the added $$$...if you`re not shooting comp....seems to me the 10-22`s I have are pretty damned accurate as they are???.....[thinking]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:07:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Congratulations on the find. Some people have all the luck. [smoke]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:13:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I had a 1022T/TS and spent about a $200.00 bucks on a Power Custom Grand Master Kit and my Gunsmith said that he can take the factory parts but he recommended getting an adj. trigger for the over travel. But he can use the factory parts an do a trigger job that gets it down to a pound. It was sweet. He charged about $40.00 to do it and I know that people have mailed him the trigger groups for him to do. Let me know if you are interested. It only took a day to get mine done. He is pretty fast. Good luck with yours.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:14:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What I`ve been wondering.......is the heavy bbl that much more accurate than the std bbl?.....is it worth the added $$$...if you`re not shooting comp....seems to me the 10-22`s I have are pretty damned accurate as they are???.....[thinking]
View Quote

I like the heavy barrel because the 10/22 is too light from the shoulder.  The heavy barrel gives the rifle some substance and makes the rifle handle better.  As long as I am not on a 20-mile hike with it that is . . . [;)]

Whether or not it actually makes the rifle more accurate, I suspect it does but I dunno for sure.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:27:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Good grab man!  Go with the volquartsen 2000 trigger group or if you want to go cheap, go for the matched sear and hammer, you won't regret it!  The feel of the 2000 is much nicer in the end though and its completely drop in!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:30:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I forgot to mention that the installation is super easy for the hammer/sear combo, but there are springs that take a little manuevering to get back into position before the pins go back in.  To me, the extra money was worth it for the Volq 2000, trigger pretravel, overtravel and pull were far superior to the s/h combo!  
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:54:55 AM EDT
[#15]
[url]www.redstararms.com[/url]

a nice trigger from ron powers, of powers custom.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the responses guys.

Pretty happy about the deal I got.

Picked up a VOLQ hammer off of gunbroker last night for about $30 shipped [not bad as they wanted +/- $40 from the VOLQ site].

Yeah....to me the heavy barell makes a big difference.  My dad and brother have std. 10/22s and while they may get off a good group or two here and there they can't come close to the consistent grouping or tight grouping during sustained fire that the bull does.

Sweet little rifles.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 11:16:18 AM EDT
[#17]
I picked up a 10/22T a while ago.. funny I've always thought my stock trigger was outstanding. Very little creep and a crisp break. It'll hold all its shots in 1/2" with CCI green tag ammo at 50yds, but I found it also likes those aguila sniper SSS rounds, point of impact is lower, but it's very close, if not as accurate as the match grade stuff and with the added benefit that it's quiet.

You did get a smokin' deal though... I paid more for mine, and it's not even stainless! [:D]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Damn, where are you guys getting these cheap 10/22T's?  I saw a nice carbine Target model, all black, for $399.  Never seen then less than that.  What's the deal? I want one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top