Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2014 4:27:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/2/2014 3:08:08 PM EDT by pathfinder74]
Picked up these lights.

Essentially the same light as the HOG Morph 1000 Back-up Light, with a slight difference in the beam widths and obviously without the Edge branding. Same supplier that Edge gets from. One light with the narrow beam and one with the wide. Comes with the battery, charger, lanyard, and replacement o-rings.

They normally retail for $149.95 on DRIS.

If I picked up more than what I need, would anyone be interested in getting one (or more)?
I'll give price via PM/email. Otherwise I think I have to post it in the EE.
I don't have them in hand yet...
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 8:56:00 AM EDT
I'm not trying hard to be a clown but there is no chance that light generates 1000 lumens with $6 2200mAh batttery, period, full stop. The spec's for it make my $700 Sola Tech look clumsy...
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 8:50:31 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CAC01:
I'm not trying hard to be a clown but there is no chance that light generates 1000 lumens with $6 2200mAh batttery, period, full stop. The spec's for it make my $700 Sola Tech look clumsy...
View Quote

I can't fault you for doubting it and I've read that a lot of companies putting out lights don't use any kind of standards when rating their light output.
Even when I get the lights the most I could do is take it to my friend's house who has a Sola and take a comparison picture. I have no way to measure the actual output.
The official site claims 1000 as well as the two videos I found on YouTube.
Not trying to make a sale here... just regurgitating information that's already out there.

Edge website
HOG Morph 1000
HOG Morph Backup

I have a UK SL4 light that claims 400 lumens. I find it to be clunky and the output is pretty shitty in my opinion, though I continue to use it. If this UML1000 is 2 as much as the UK light I'll be happy as hell considering its size and what I'm guessing should be less weight. If it's not exactly 1000 I'm not going to grip considering the price and size.

Until I have them in hand I can only hope for the best.

I'll definitely post additional information when I get them and can make comparisons with what I have available.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 4:29:38 AM EDT
If anyone is interested...

EE Listing
Page General » SCUBA
Top Top