Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/30/2015 8:52:49 AM EDT
I don't live in rockford (thank god)  but live in a small town somewhat near it.  Here is what is going to happen, is happening everywhere.

The city of rockford wants to move many of the people in a .gov housing project called the  "fairgrounds".  The fairgrounds is of course on the bad side of town, its a cesspool  like all .gov housing projects end up being.

In the spirit of social engineering and anti racism ,  why not move them to the good part of town?   Use your racist  tax dollars and  Build them a 14-20 million dollar facility complete with a fucking amphitheater and swimming pool.  

Here a vid of the fine people in the fairgrounds project complex, that will be moving to a neighborhood near you. (from 6/22/15)

https://vid.me/ftWj

If you are against this you are racist according to the mayor (and well now the supreme court  and attorney general)

http://usofarn.com/2015/06/27/mayor-morrissey-calls-opponents-of-housing-project-and-county-board-member-racist/

The new New "great society"

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:56:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to be a medic in Rockford.  We saw those ghettos a lot.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:01:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't live in rockford (thank god)  but live in a small town somewhat near it.  Here is what is going to happen, is happening everywhere.

The city of rockford wants to move many of the people in a .gov housing project called the  "fairgrounds".  The fairgrounds is of course on the bad side of town, its a cesspool  like all .gov housing projects end up being.

In the spirit of social engineering and anti racism ,  why not move them to the good part of town?   Use your racist  tax dollars and  Build them a 14-20 million dollar facility complete with a fucking amphitheater and swimming pool.  

Here a vid of the fine people in the fairgrounds project complex, that will be moving to a neighborhood near you. (from 6/22/15)

If you are against this you are racist according to the mayor (and well now the supreme court  and attorney general)

http://usofarn.com/2015/06/27/mayor-morrissey-calls-opponents-of-housing-project-and-county-board-member-racist/

http://i.gyazo.com/f38df71341ffc4a94ae3f68ae5b76505.png

View Quote

I no longer have any fucks to give that someone might think I'm racist.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:09:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used to be a medic in Rockford.  We saw those ghettos a lot.  
View Quote

how long ago was that? its gotten bad now.   A lady was carjacked in the parking lot of Rockford memorial hospital by SHOTGUN.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:14:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Racist, huh?  I bet the mayor doesn't live next to those people.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:20:33 AM EDT
[#5]
It's easy to be racist, i would say dam near normal.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#6]
All I can say is keep your firearms clean and your ammo dry.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:23:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Is the amphitheater for poetry hour?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:25:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

its for cultural enrichment
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:25:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Need to buy 1000 acres and put your house square in the middle of it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Build them a 14-20 million dollar facility complete with a fucking amphitheater and swimming pool.  
View Quote

Pool?  They can't swim.  Micro-aggression!  
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Well let's face it, the ghetto trash will always exist. Would it be better to keep them contained in one predictable area or spread them throughout your city/county?

Also, sorry to see our tax money getting wasted like this....
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:47:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Where these people ever PARENTS?  When you have something nice and the kids wreck it because they didn't put any work into it and have no investment and therefore no respect, you don't buy them another one.  It's called "this is why we can't have nice things".  

They will build it, the natives will wreck it.  And on and on it goes.  The best you can do is to publicly air the predictions, and try to make sure all the players can be called front and center 10 years from now to rehash the success or failure of the concept.  People get all wrapped up trying to prevent the stupidity, maybe it would be better to not blow your wad fighting it and losing, but instead publicly making the prediction and then holding people accountable when the inevitable comes to pass.

PS: Rockford is a total shithole.......it's where all the FSA from Chicago go, right before they hop the border into Beloit and Janesville and rent all the new Section 8 houses that are left over from the mass exodus of GM workers (plant closed, it's turning into a mini Detroit).
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well let's face it, the ghetto trash will always exist. Would it be better to keep them contained in one predictable area or spread them throughout your city/county?

View Quote

Except once they build one complex like that, they start building them ALL OVER the county
We've been getting complexes like that built in every Township but one locally over the last decade or so
The one village that beat back the developers was called all sorts of names like racist for turning down the project
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#14]
FBHO
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Except once they build one complex like that, they start building them ALL OVER the county
We've been getting complexes like that built in every Township but one locally over the last decade or so
The one village that beat back the developers was called all sorts of names like racist for turning down the project
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

now the are FEDERALLY mandated to.  
  You have no voice !!!!!!!!  

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/29/opinion/affordable-housing-racial-isolation.html
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:18:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Rockford is a shithole.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:19:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Such fine, upstanding citizens
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:19:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Why? So a bunch of people (of any race) who have no fucking clue what it means to earn a dollar and work a job can move in and fuck it up within 2 years?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:21:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Is that to scale?

If the part of the photo including the parking spaces is to be believed, there is basically NO place to park a car. What is "racist" is assuming nobody in the "community" the mayor supports can afford to or knows how to keep up a car. How bout dropping the theater and replacing it with a place to park a car that's not two blocks away.

Those houses are tiny enough to be sheds.

That housing is as high density or higher density than a high rise shitcago style project.

Also, LOL at the concept of "good" neighborhoods in Rockford.  The whole place is a disorganized jumble of shit that spilled out of shitcago.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

....and build a high-perimeter fence!!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#21]
My prediction is that after 'residents' start moving in, crime in the surrounding area goes WAY up.

The place will look like a fucking wreck inside of 5 years. The pool will be busted and nonfunctional, as will any other amenity.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

THUNDER DOME!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#23]
The day the contract is awarded to the surveyor for the project I would put up a FSBO sign then dump it and run.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:34:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Is that to scale?

If the part of the photo including the parking spaces is to be believed, there is basically NO place to park a car. What is "racist" is assuming nobody in the "community" the mayor supports can afford to or knows how to keep up a car. How bout dropping the theater and replacing it with a place to park a car that's not two blocks away.

View Quote

It's their way of encouraging mass transit
There's a new development proposed in my county with the same lack of parking and that's the justification they're using
The lefties are eating up that explanation because they're all about bike lanes, walkable neighborhoods and mass transit
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:35:42 AM EDT
[#25]
If the part of the photo including the parking spaces is to be believed, there is basically NO place to park a car.
View Quote

That is by design.  The whole idea behind this is communal living, public transportation.  Communist are not big fans of people being able to move about freely.

ETA, beat by a few seconds because I have not consumed enough coffee.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#26]
my house would be on the market the second I found out a shit hole project was going in my neighborhood.  Doesn't matter what race it is....

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:40:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Sad.  My hometown is west of Rockford and even that is becoming a bit of a shithole.  Used to be good communities and farms out there and now....I'm glad I left.  I remember driving to Rockford with my best friend to go to the movies and yeah, there were some shitty parts, but never really worrying about my safety.  Perhaps I was just naive - it was high school
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:43:50 AM EDT
[#28]
You should start collecting stories and anecdotes and call them the Rockford Files.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote
Lemme guess: they're gonna eminent domain some poor bastard's yard for the roadway to the north, and build the rest on some poorly-draining swamp/"green space" next to the creek.  Looks like a lot of cul-de-sacs, courtyards, and other features that are going to make that place super fun to patrol/ serve a warrant in as well.  

Hope the neighbors invest in concrete and razor wire.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:44:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Soon we will all live in the Ghetto.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:55:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Lemme guess: they're gonna eminent domain some poor bastard's yard for the roadway to the north, and build the rest on some poorly-draining swamp/"green space" next to the creek.  Looks like a lot of cul-de-sacs, courtyards, and other features that are going to make that place super fun to patrol/ serve a warrant in as well.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think a post office is there now , they are going to make it a police station that faces the facillity.  BUT..

The main police station , jail and courthouse  is on the bad part of town... crime deterrent zero.   Its 5 minutes from the projects on the same road ..

the land is bought , this will go through because its now illegal if it doesn't,
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:08:04 AM EDT
[#32]

Still keeping them down on the plantation.

lol

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:11:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:15:57 AM EDT
[#34]
The gov't shouldn't be providing housing.  Work or freeze you lazy shits.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#35]
lol its going to get halfway built, then they will realize theres no money to fund it

taxpayers money? all the taxpayers are leaving this state since we are being bled out by our gov

so let the freeloaders pay for their own self help project.....cant pay? oh thats fine...then WORK. move some stones, hammer some nails, fuckn contribute....

the videos of neighborhoods (i use that term loosely) just scrapping for the mobs entertainment drive me irate....
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thing about that pic that bugs me even more?

I do not get why certain parts of the country are opposed to these things called fences...

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:33:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Grown men squealing with delight at the sight of these young females fighting. sick and depraved.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#38]
If you like your ghetto, you can bring your ghetto with you.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#39]
I grew up in Rockford.  It wasn't until I moved away, after the service, that I found out everybody in IL. thinks Rockford is a shithole.  

Knowing what I know now, I think it's a shit hole.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:35:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. I couldn't afford 1K acres, so I bought five acres surrounded by National Forest, in a  county that has one of the highest per capita incomes in the US, with rough winters, twenty miles from town, in a state full of white folks.

I think I'm pretty safe from the Projects. Miss the vibrant culture, though.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:37:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Nvm
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Why? So a bunch of people (of any race) who have no fucking clue what it means to earn a dollar and work a job can move in and fuck it up within 2 years?
View Quote

and the same thing will happen that's been going on for the last sixty years: anybody who can leave, WILL eventually leave. The only way they are going to get us to live next to these people is to put us in camps with them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yo Yo Yo!

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote

The video.

That will be going on at 2am on a work/school night.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#45]
I live near and work in Rockford. The place is consistently rated near the top of worst place to live, work or violence lists. Not just in Illinois, but, in the country. There are multiple shootings a day and the violent crime is higher per capita than Chicago. It used to be a thriving city with a huge manufacturing and industrial base.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably doing him a favor. The rest of the neighbors are fucked.

ETA it runs right over his house
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#47]
pearls before swine.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

If you can afford 1000 acres anywhere near Winnebago County,  there is no reason to stay in IL
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Rockford is a shithole and sadly I fly there this Thursday. In my early career I worked in manufacturing and Rockford was thriving. Loved it, paid well, met my wife and had our first kid. Then I took a promotion to GA. We go back each year to visit my wife's family and year after year it's getting noticeably worse. We stayed away from the west side but I see the west side has fully encroached to the east side like a cancer. The town visually looks run down.  The education system is a joke too and if you can't afford private schools, your kid is screwed.

Mayor Morrissey has alienated almost every upstanding citizen in Rockford. If I still lived there, I'd be looking to move.  I equate it to Detroit.  I feel for my wife's family and their safety but they are too stubborn or blindfolded to move.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:54:15 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote

That's the plan.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top