Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 10/5/2014 1:42:59 AM EST
Got the info second hand when I was asked about a vehicle problem. Mostly outside of my knowledge area so I come here.

Vehicle is listed above. It was in cruise doing 60 and all of a sudden the cruise shut off. Apparently attempted to use the go pedal and nothing would happen. So pulled off the road and shut it down. No CEL/MIL.

Vehicle was let set for about 15-20 and then restarted and it performed just fine. Cruise worked at 35-70, throttle pedal worked, and it had plenty of get up and go.

My thought would have been a TPS sensor. However, given the absence of CEL I am not so sure.

Anyway just hoping for some suggestions on what to checkout since it is a family vehicle.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:31:59 AM EST
Crank/cam sensor or some electrical gremlin.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:44:01 AM EST
without seeing the cruise control data stream during the shut off it could be anything.
Brake lamp switch and a bump in the road or the multi function switch on the steering column.
I'm not a fan of loading parts into the Blunderbuss and firing them into a car.
Good Luck, most affordable scanners don't supply much data in that area.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:06:32 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By davygoat2:
without seeing the cruise control data stream during the shut off it could be anything.
Brake lamp switch and a bump in the road or the multi function switch on the steering column.
I'm not a fan of loading parts into the Blunderbuss and firing them into a car.
Good Luck, most affordable scanners don't supply much data in that area.
View Quote

I'm going to have to steal that expression.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:41:37 PM EST
Appreciate the info guys.
Top Top