Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
1/17/2021 12:49:45 AM
Page / 40
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 6:57:22 PM EST
I'm sorry for your loss, my condolences to the Avila family.

Link Posted: 5/1/2020 12:57:12 AM EST
Way too young to die.  Condolences to his family and friends.

R.I.P. Ed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 7:51:15 AM EST
We miss you Ed. Ill never eat a piece of lasagna again and not think of you!
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 8:12:59 PM EST
Well That Sucks!
RIP Ed
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 5:13:29 PM EST
I'm so sorry to hear about this.  Prayers for his family and friends.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 7:51:56 PM EST
I haven't been around much as of late , my sincerest condolences to the whole Avila family.
God speed Ed and Bless you for starting this amazing forum.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:00:31 PM EST
My sincerest sympathies and condolences go out to the Avila family and his ARFCOM brethren. We've truly lost a great man and a true asset to the gun community.

This website/community that Ed created over 20 yrs ago, has impacted and changed my life for the better...and I can't thank Ed enough for that.

I only met the man once at SHOT 2019(or was it 2020?) and we chatted briefly. I was surprised he knew my screen name. He was in a hurry, and I wish we coulda' chatted longer over a beer. Before he left, he gave me these:

Rest easy, Ed Avila.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:13:27 AM EST
Circling back on this thread.  Ed left a nice legacy.  There are beginnings and endings and he was present at his ending as well as anyone I have seen along my path.  Rest well, warrior/soldier/father/husband/poet, your duty is done.  Warmest regards to the family!!  Keep going, y'all.  Prayers en route for you.
Rick
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:21:35 AM EST
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:28:09 AM EST
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:54:28 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EdAvilaSr:
Thanks to all for the condolences.

We are all still wrestling with the tremendous loss we have suffered
View Quote
Our hearts are with you Ed.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:21:22 AM EST
So sorry to hear... my condolences.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 5:42:09 PM EST
I was brushing up on how to sight in an AR-15A2 yesterday and pulled one of my AR-15 books down.  First thing I noticed was that Ed was mentioned right up front.

I'll post the book title tomorrow.

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 12:26:42 AM EST
RIP
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 3:25:45 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 6:59:40 PM EST
RIP Mr. Avila, thank you for all you have done.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 7:50:32 AM EST
RIP Patriot!
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 11:55:33 PM EST
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:
Our hearts are with you Ed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:
Originally Posted By EdAvilaS­r:
Thanks to all for the condolences. 

We are all still wrestling with the ­tremendous loss we have suffered
Our hearts are with you Ed.

Amen. This website is reflection on his character, and the fact that his parents and siblings have taken an active part prove it to be a reflection on his upbringing. I'm so sorry for his loss, but I feel he has given us a conduit in which we can converse. Mr. Avila SR, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for Edward. May God grant you and your family peace, and may you never have to lose a child again. My heart breaks for you.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 9:53:54 PM EST

RIP Avila
Gone but never will be forgotten by us
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:15:05 PM EST
My condolences to the Avila family on their loss.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 1:46:45 AM EST
dang
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 2:10:08 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 3:53:55 PM EST
Originally Posted By Paul:
Ed was such an important part of the site.

I miss him dearly.
View Quote
Every day @paul.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 5:06:16 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 5:53:17 PM EST
Originally Posted By EdAvilaSr:
Edward was a crucial part of our f­amily, and we miss him everyday 

All I ask myself is why? 
View Quote

3 years ago we were in the same place, I am praying for God's comfort for all your family.  As General Patton once said "We should thank God that such men lived".  Thanks to you for sharing your wonderful family with all of us for these many years.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 11:46:53 PM EST
Edward was a crucial part of our family, and we miss him everyday

All I ask myself is why?
View Quote
I wish I had an answer @edavilasr - All I know is that we are all better for having known him, and we are lessened with his passing.

Having known him only briefly by comparison to some, the time we got to spend with him and his wife are times we will think of for the rest of our lives. He left us with gifts we don't even realize yet. I cannot feel sorry for what we missed, and what we are missing. It would somehow lessen that which he gave us in his final weeks with us.

We will forever remember how he chose to live, and strive to the best version of ourselves that we can be. All the while knowing, that if we measure ourselves against the example Edward set, we will fall woefully short. We will try nonetheless, because that is what Edward inspired. Not on purpose or by design I think. It is just Edward.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 11:06:55 AM EST
Originally Posted By EdAvilaSr:
Edward was a crucial part of our f­amily, and we miss him everyday 

All I ask myself is why? 
View Quote

We cannot know.  Loss is part of life.
We must cherish every moment with our loved ones.  The knowledge that this loss could  come to any At any time and will eventually come to us all should drive us to focus on what is important in life.

So many things I would have said and done differently to so many people had I had that insight when I was younger
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 11:33:21 AM EST
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 12:34:43 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 1:25:40 PM EST
Originally Posted By Wolfpack:

@Winston_Wolf

What year is that? That's Shawn, Eric and Ed? You are on the far left?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wolfpack:

@Winston_Wolf

What year is that? That's Shawn, Eric and Ed? You are on the far left?
... yes, and Cory in the middle
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:21:53 PM EST
Just saw this thread.
Sorry to hear this.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:20:48 AM EST
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:29:33 PM EST
I know the theory but I fail miserably on the application

The many pictures and good memories of him growing up actually bring pain, knowing he won't be around to talk about those moments or to pass them on to his own grandchildren
View Quote

Continued prayers for you & your family Sir, I cannot imagine the pain
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 7:35:08 AM EST
I missed this news until now. RIP Ed. Though they were few in number, my interactions with you online were always pleasant and you seemed like a good dude. Thoughts and prayers for your loved ones.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:30:54 AM EST

F CANCER
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:30:06 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/25/2020 4:31:20 PM EST by AZNetEng]
We are thinking of you today Edward.

Son
Father
Brother
Husband
Friend
Veteran

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:34:20 PM EST
My deepest condolences to the family. May he Rest In Peace
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 1:02:32 PM EST
My condolences to the family.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:49:48 PM EST
Somehow, I’m just now seeing this. I’ll admit I didn’t follow the thread in Team super closely, in part because there was a point where things were looking up, as I recall, and I sorta wishfully assumed Ed had cancer’s ass kicked. Not being a GD regular, I didn’t see this thread until just now.

I didn’t know Ed personally. However, I’ve benefitted from his efforts (and all of the staff at ARF) for almost two decades now, and I can’t express my gratitude enough for everything I’ve learned in that time frame, or all the good deals I got from the EE, support in Team once in awhile, and local networking in the HTF when other local forums went tango uniform.

Rest in peace, Ed, and may God bless your family and friends in your absence!
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:08:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/1/2020 3:09:30 PM EST by US_American]
Thankful for everything he’s done.

We’ll keep the light on for you at ARF

God bless!
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:25:17 PM EST
Reading through this thread a few times over the past couple of days. Makes me really think how short and precious life is.

Hang in there Sr. Saying some more prayers for you guys tonight.

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:44:07 PM EST
Wow. Rest in Peace Ed. I don't know much about this site but know some of the names.  It's like matching up a name with a radio personality.  I always thought Ed Avila was an overweight 60 year old.  To the real Ed, time was not on your side but I hope you enjoyed your time here and are watching down on us during these crazy times.  You will be missed by many and we all thank you for your help with this site.  Again as a low volume poster I still frequent the site every day and this site does help to mold the person I am.

RIP ED.

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 11:36:55 PM EST
Edward was a crucial part of our family, and we miss him everyday

All I ask myself is why?
View Quote

We lost my mother to cancer in 2012.
My parents were/ are very devout.
My father spent much of the first couple of years after she passed asking himself and us the same question.
He looked at people they'd known in the various cancer programs she'd been part of who were pulling through. He saw people who he thought of as lesser deserving, although maybe use a phrase he wouldn't, who were beating the cancer.
And it shook his faith horribly Still does, I think.

In law enforcement there's a trend that officers will tell you really does seem to exist, and that's that the good people among us die, sometimes from the most minor things. But the human cockroaches of society live on and even seem to thrive. It really can shake your sense of cosmic justice. You think that God surely would strive to safeguard those who are close to Him and maybe take those "other" people maybe sooner rather than later. But nope. The drunk kills a family but emerges from the accident unscathed
Multiply that by a billion examples in life.

I've come to believe that everything happens for a reason. Good. Bad. There's a reason. You may never know. You might ask yourself "why" and God will never let you know the answer while you are here. But there is an answer. I believe that someday you will have the answer to your question. But it won't be in the here and now.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 7:13:04 AM EST
Damn. I had no idea, been away from the forum for a while and just ran across this. Though I didn't know Ed personally he was always kind and helpful when I spoke to him. He was such an asset to the 2A community and from what I understand just a damn good man in general. He will be missed. My deepest condolences to the Avila family. RIP Edward....
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 2:32:34 PM EST
I'm so sorry for your loss.  I've been away for a long while and sorry to see this.  Rest in Peace Ed....
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:48:24 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 12:31:35 PM EST
Rest easy.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 3:01:58 PM EST
RIP
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 7:06:30 PM EST
Edward Avila Go with God, and rest easy.

You will be missed.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 9:37:21 AM EST

Add me to the chorus of voices - this news brings great sadness. I didn't know Ed well but I enjoyed joining him on Arfcruise in '08 & '09. I owe some great memories and experiences to that man.

Page / 40
Top Top