Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2005 8:13:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:16:09 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
i'm sitting here in my hotel in atlanta sharing a lovely place with NO "refugees" getting an all expense paid stay courtesy of fema.

last night after listening to noise and partying in the hall till midnight i called the front desk at the hotel and chewed the night manager a new ass. at 2am after multiple calls from myself and atleast one other room they finally called the POPO to eject these morons.

the police arrest a few for drugs and underage drinking about the time the propertry manager arrives. He informs the night manager they are NOT allowed to evict them due to FEMA regulations.

WTF?! so i sit in a hotel that charges 135.00 per night and it's like living in the inner city projects. i have tried to move but it appears all the hotels i can afford and my company will allow are in the same perdicament.

FUck these rats. they should have let them drown.

Libs need to understand some people you just can not save, so to speak.

Thus is my opinion.

Edit: If your complaint is well documented, send the hotel bill to fema.  Might be funny as to what they do.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:18:36 AM EDT
[#2]
FEMA needs your help to provide free housing for NO's finest.

Please donate now.

Your money will be used to provide tents  basic housing long term hotel accomodations for the refugees  victims  displaced persons long term distinguished hotel guests.

They should thank George Bush for sending the hurricane. At least now they have nicer free housing.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#3]

No prob.............you and I will rebuild New Orleans for the next storm/flood and maybe it'll get a few more rats than!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:20:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

He informs the night manager they are NOT allowed to evict them due to FEMA regulations.

WTF...do they have diplomatic immunity or something??
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:22:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Saw a TV interview the other night on the local news with a hotel manager in the same situation.  You could tell he was worried about saying something that would cost him his job, but he mentioned that there had been more than a few occasions where normal guests and NOLA evac's were not getting along so nicely...

EPOCH
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:25:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Saw a TV interview the other night on the local news with a hotel manager in the same situation.  You could tell he was worried about saying something that would cost him his job, but he mentioned that there had been more than a few occasions where normal guests and NOLA evac's were not getting along so nicely...

EPOCH

I wonder how long it takes NOLA evac's to turn a hotel into a ghetto, complete with drug dealers and crack whores?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:27:55 AM EDT
[#7]
After Katrina, you can be VERY sure that FEMA is not going to do anything that will draw any sort of heat on themselves.  Can you imagine what CNN could do if these folks were thrown out of the hotel?  First, they would show the single mother of 3 children sitting out on the curb in front of the hotel with her lamenting about how she doesn't have any place for her kids.  What is she going to do now?  

Nope.  They'll stay right where they're at.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:31:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:34:59 AM EDT
[#9]
So why not call the local news folks there and let them know what's happening...might be interesting to find out how that respond.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:37:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
After Katrina, you can be VERY sure that FEMA is not going to do anything that will draw any sort of heat on themselves.  Can you imagine what CNN could do if these folks were thrown out of the hotel?  First, they would show the single mother of 3 children sitting out on the curb in front of the hotel with her lamenting about how she doesn't have any place for her kids.  What is she going to do now?  

it's going look a lot worse for fema on cnn when one of these urban youth kicks in my hotel door and gets a 30rnd mag dumped in his chest.

Double-dog dare ya.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:38:28 AM EDT
[#11]
You guys are racists.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:40:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:43:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:44:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So why not call the local news folks there and let them know what's happening...might be interesting to find out how that respond.

Yeah right, here in Los Angeles area, most of the news media outlets are trying to portray the NOLA refugees are good upstanding citizens, and the not the lawless people that many of them are.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:52:18 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it's going look a lot worse for fema on cnn when one of these urban youth kicks in my hotel door and gets a 30rnd mag dumped in his chest.

All that booze, the drugs, meal cards and the room are paid for with our tax dollars. Lovely. And my Cobb Co. tax dollars are paying for officers to respond to this nonsense.

Tell the manager you want a different room, away from the roaches.

What's wrong with a huge tent city in LA, surrounded by dual chain link fences, concertina wire and a mined perimeter for the occupants' safety?

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:56:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:57:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He informs the night manager they are NOT allowed to evict them due to FEMA regulations.

No shit. A natural disaster put them in the situation, but they can certainly ruin it for themselves. Gee, I wonder how they ever got the idea in their head that they can do anything they want without consequences.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:58:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Just step out into the hall in your superman underoos, scream "Shut the fuck up you assholes", go back into your room, and in the intervening silence, drop the bolt on your AR just before your door closes.....
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:16:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:18:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:19:08 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
if it ever came to the point i get assualted here......

there is going to be a pile of bodies in the hallway that will make "kill bill" look like a disney movie

Triple-dog dare ya!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
if it ever came to the point i get assualted here......

there is going to be a pile of bodies in the hallway that will make "kill bill" look like a disney movie

I'd tell everyone when you came on CNN, I KNOW THAT GUY!  GO BEER SLAYER!  And CNN would obviously change your name to "The Black Slayer" and you would go down as a fiercely racists psycho.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:45:26 AM EDT
[#24]
You' be better of sleeping in the primate section of a zoo.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:48:28 AM EDT
[#25]
can't you rent an apartment or nice motor home on $135 a night?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
You guys are racists.

Bullshit.  Why don't you go stay in one of those hotels and talk to us about it.  He did not mention race, and it really has nothing to do with race; its just that most of the refugees were not raised how to act properly in human society.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:58:27 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You guys are racists.

Bullshit.  Why don't you go stay in one of those hotels and talk to us about it.  He did not mention race, and it really has nothing to do with race; its just that most of the refugees were not raised how to act properly in human society.

EXACTLY.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:41:20 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You guys are racists.

EXACTLY.

They have society? I thought that since they act like wild animals on crack, they didn't.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:45:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#30]

More like that is one less person he gets to charge 5 times the normal rate for.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Hey beer, how did your area fare in the storms? Did you make it thru okay?

Deej86
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:04:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:08:39 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey beer, how did your area fare in the storms? Did you make it thru okay?

Deej86

yea we were fine. light wind and light rain mostly. central alabama didn't get much other than some rain.

Glad you're okay.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#35]
local, and national, media outlets need to be made aware of this. get names before you contact them
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:10:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:13:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Mongrels.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mongrels.

at midnight last night i had a few other names for them

As do I, but I generally prefer not to have my account locked unless its for a particularly worthy cause.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:24:45 PM EDT
[#40]
I lived in a FEMA trailer park for 9 months after Ivan. I can relate to the inner city analogy. These were nice trailers too. Three bedroom one bath, 14x70, all new name brand furniture and appliances, rent free! Now they are roach infested, crack houses. A lot of people truly take care of what FEMA has provided and use it to better themselves in the ong run. The few that you are dealing with just look at it as another hand out they are entitled too.

BTW, keep ALL your receipts and good records of why you were where. FEMA likes to get its money back from those that don't use it for the right purposes. If you end up on that list it is good to have proof that you used money for its intended purpose.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
i'm sitting here in my hotel in atlanta sharing a lovely place with NO "refugees" getting an all expense paid stay courtesy of fema.

last night after listening to noise and partying in the hall till midnight i called the front desk at the hotel and chewed the night manager a new ass. at 2am after multiple calls from myself and atleast one other room they finally called the POPO to eject these morons.

the police arrest a few for drugs and underage drinking about the time the propertry manager arrives. He informs the night manager they are NOT allowed to evict them due to FEMA regulations.

WTF?! so i sit in a hotel that charges 135.00 per night and it's like living in the inner city projects. i have tried to move but it appears all the hotels i can afford and my company will allow are in the same perdicament.

You aren't nearly as sensitive to these people's needs as you should be!  Now go to work like a good taxpayer!  Those folks will be needing some room service soon, and YOU have to pay for it.

Balming
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:34:39 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

While very effective, I'd be sure to only drop 15 or 20... save a few in case his buddies decide to "help out".
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#43]
We have a huge RV lot right next to the freeway I patrol from the air. FEMA bought the place out accept for one row of camp trailers that were too small for temporary housing. I have never seen the like. One day the lot is packed with nearly 300 RV's the next day nearly vacant including all the high end motor homes! Some folks work all their lives to end up in one of those land yachts and some bottom dweller in now spilling beer all over the interior! Planerench out.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You guys are racists.

Oh, but don't you guys know that they are just acting out because they are opressed??  

oh yeah, and GWB hates them!

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Our great govenor have it set so if you have renters they cannot get evicted. What is happening is you can not get your rent, they are tearing up the place and you can not do any thing about it. These are people having nothing to do with the storm. Even in La you can not get a hotel room with out having to deal with certain elements. It is not the people from La but the people from NO that are giving us the bad name.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:24:18 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

While very effective, I'd be sure to only drop 15 or 20... save a few in case his buddies decide to "help out".

i have 8 more mags behind that one

Just checking...
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:37:44 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit. A natural disaster put them in the situation, but they can certainly ruin it for themselves. Gee, I wonder how they ever got the idea in their head that they can do anything they want without consequences.

I'm starting to notice a pattern here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top