Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2001 7:24:12 PM EDT
Heres some things im not real sure about that maybe some of you old salts might can answer.I now have a post ban fully assembled,legal 16 inch olympic ar-15.(1)-i want to someday have a legal preban ar-15,is it legal to by preban uppers to have for swaping on that gun now before i buy that gun,i would not be using this on the post ban.(2)-its not legal to have full auto parts,sears,bolt carriers etc,without a class III,is this correct?(3)-is it legal to have information like pamlets,books,plans,etc.on converting ar-15s to full auto,or lighting links plans,drill jig plans and such,as long as you don't have the parts?
Link Posted: 4/15/2001 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#1]
1) i dont quite get this one, could you reword?

2)correct

3)you can have this stuff, im not 100% on the jigs, but the law says parts to be assymbled into a machine gun. non of those are, but if they were found (espacially the jigs) it would cause a search and a lot of supecision. my question is why have this stuff unless you are gonna use it, if thats the case all i can say is dont, and of you do never speak of it on here.
Link Posted: 4/15/2001 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/15/2001 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#3]
reword #(1)OK.they sell preban kits and uppers that they say can only be installed on pre-ban lowers or is it pre-ban guns that were fully assembled before the 94 date.#(3)Just suppose that sometime in the future we were invaded or something and the legal system as we know it was destroyed would'nt you want the knowledge to make your weapons as capable as possible to protect family and country ??
Link Posted: 4/15/2001 8:08:11 PM EDT
[#4]
DK-PROF relax im not all bad.I wish i could afford a class III.vieled questions not.If full auto is just a gimmick why does our military and most everyones military believe in it so much.Ive got my own honorable discharge thank you.
Link Posted: 4/15/2001 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#5]
The reason the military has full auto is that they are the military and have a job that might require use of automatic weaponry.  Outside of the military, like DK said, auto fire is pretty much a waste and you can do everything you want or need for protection of self and family with semi-auto.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top