Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2017 6:45:18 AM EDT
I have a couple of these bikes but one had the oil injection removed by a PO. What ratio should i mix to to run it on premix?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:52:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I use 32:1 on older 2 cycles. Cool bikes, my first bike was a KE100
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:55:28 AM EDT
[#2]
My paramotor is a 185cc 2 stroke. 40:1 is what I use on it. 32:1 would work, but might smoke.

Try 32:1 if you can't find any specific info. If it smokes, maybe reduce the oil mix.

(I'm not an expert here... if you fuck up your engine, ain't my fault!)
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:07:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Older 2 cycles need more oil in the mix so 32 to 1 would be what I would use.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:05:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Modern two stroke oils are far better than their 70s counterparts. I would bet you could run that bike at 100:1 with a top quality oil and light duty. If you were going to run it a Bonneville it would run it somewhat richer.

I would also recommend that you fine a place with ethanol free gas for it as well.

I'm off t find a link you can read.

Found it:

http://www.klemmvintage.com/kaw500h1.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top