Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2005 9:40:59 AM EDT
I live in Bucks county, PA. Towards philly.

How can I get fireplace wood cheap?

They are asking $200 for a cord around here from these yuppies.

Can I get my own wood from the state gamelands?

Anyone have a good source?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:42:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah. Bring a tow chain to Pittsburgh and wrap it around the liberal a few doors down's back porch and haul it off.

IM me for directions
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:42:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I live in Bucks county, PA. Towards philly.

How can I get fireplace wood cheap?

They are asking $200 for a cord around here from these yuppies.

Can I get my own wood from the state gamelands?

Anyone have a good source?

Thanks

Just look for any place trees are being cleared off.  My dad justs asks the workers and they are like take whatever you want.  It is less for them to clean up.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:45:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:50:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Call every tree company in the area.  You should be able to get 18in chunks dropped off at your house for 50 bucks a cord or maybe even free.  You just half to split them.  With the price of heating this winter, you will be hard pressed to find a cord of decent split wood for less than 175.  If you find a cord for less than that i'd be weary of its quailty.

Matt
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 10:04:21 AM EDT
[#5]

in central pa, its gone up, but still well less than 200.00. i had at least a cord and a half of mixed hardwoods cut to my length, split and delivered for 149.00. turned out to be a notable amount of walnut in their too which i am redirecting to the shop. several other places are charging 130.00 or so for a cord delivered.

state forests, but i'm not sure about gamelands, do offer permits. not sure about the application process or fees. in may case, by the time a get the saw, truck, cut, haul and split, im not sure id be saving any money over time.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I live in bucks county and I have trees that we've taken down and plan to take down.  If you want them, bring a chain saw and come get it.  It'll be free.  

If you'll take pine, I plenty of trees you can cut down and have for free.

PM me if you're interested.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top