Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2001 10:13:17 AM EDT
Is anyone considering one of the new Model 70s in .300 Winchester Short Magnum.  Wouldn't a .270 Short Magnum be neat?  Anyone with industry or writer ties feel free to comment on upcoming "short magnum" cartridge developments.  I REALLY want to see the 7mm in the short magnum - could it push 3500fps?  I've got a stainless 300 WSM on order - should be here this month and can't wait.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:21:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I would like a Rem 700 in .300 WSM.  I don't care care for the new Remington products with integral lock though.  I think I'll wait untill all the reports are in and see what they (you know, who ever they is) say about barrel wear.

I would definately jump on an upper for my AR10 however.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:46:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I am a 270 man myself so that would be nice. I have a Browning A-Bolt 270 Stalker and a Rem LSS in 300 Rem Ultra Mag. I am waiting for the Browning A-Bolt White Gold Medallion in 300 WSM.
Maybe by Christmas!!! Ah well wishful thinking![:D]
Lynn  [sniper]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:54:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Hardwood:

Let us know how you like it.  I'm seriously considering getting a Model 70 in WSM for XMas.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:49:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#5]
A guy at work JUST picked up a new Winchester 300 WSM. We're going to shoot it this weekend. He is trying to decide on what kind of glass to top it with. I wish he would hurry the heck up!
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like a good round.  I would like a Browning A-bolt II in .300WSM.  A 7MM WSM would be really cool but I have an A-bolt II in 7MM REM MAG so that does not make much sense to have both.  It would be awesome if they made the choate stock designed by John Plaster for the short action Browning.  That would be a damn nice sniper rig.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 4:02:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah I have my eye on a Browning WSM.  Sweet gun.  From what I hear the recoil is significantly less than the .300.  If anyone here gets one post a thread about it, I would be interested in hearing more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top