Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2003 7:52:33 PM EDT
My friend wants to have a sword cane mailed to me and then he wants me to mail it to him. Apparantly, the company wont ship to California for one reason or another. What law, if any, applies to me in this situation? Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:55:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Will the feds kill my dog and burn down my house?
View Quote

Only if White_horse rats you out.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

[LOL]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:58:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I heard that.  Give it up Norman, before you make enemies of some of the moderators and owners who know me personally.  I won't be able to help you if you do.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Let me take a look at my list...hmmm...

Nope, you're not on the list for a "Number Three", but we are planning to kick you in the shins and let the air out of your tires.  Is Tuesday good for you?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:08:11 PM EDT
[#5]
[url]http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/dwcl/12020.htm[/url]

ARTICLE 2. UNLAWFUL CARRYING AND POSSESSION OF WEAPONS

12020. (a) Any person in this state who does any of the following is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or in the state prison:

(1) Manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, lends, or possesses any cane gun or wallet gun, any undetectable firearm, any firearm which is not immediately recognizable as a firearm, any camouflaging firearm container, any ammunition which contains or consists of any flechette dart, any bullet containing or carrying an explosive agent, any ballistic knife, any multiburst trigger activator, any nunchaku, any short-barreled shotgun, any short-barreled rifle, any metal knuckles, any belt buckle knife, any leaded cane, any zip gun, any shuriken, any unconventional pistol, any lipstick case knife, any cane sword, any shobi-zue, any air gauge knife, any writing pen knife, any metal military practice handgrenade or metal replica handgrenade, or any instrument or weapon of the kind commonly known as a blackjack, slungshot, billy, sandclub, sap, or sandbag.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:10:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I heard that.  Give it up Norman, before you make enemies of some of the moderators and owners who know me personally.  I won't be able to help you if you do.

-White Horse
View Quote

Are you serious?  If that happens, let me go on record right now and say you ARE a punk bitch.  That's not an insult by the way, that's a statement of fact.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:12:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
[url]http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/dwcl/12020.htm[/url]

ARTICLE 2. UNLAWFUL CARRYING AND POSSESSION OF WEAPONS

12020. (a) Any person in this state who does any of the following is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or in the state prison:

(1) Manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, lends, or possesses any cane gun or wallet gun, any undetectable firearm, any firearm which is not immediately recognizable as a firearm, any camouflaging firearm container, any ammunition which contains or consists of any flechette dart, any bullet containing or carrying an explosive agent, any ballistic knife, any multiburst trigger activator, any nunchaku, any short-barreled shotgun, any short-barreled rifle, any metal knuckles, any belt buckle knife, any leaded cane, any zip gun, any shuriken, any unconventional pistol, any lipstick case knife, any cane sword, any shobi-zue, any air gauge knife, any writing pen knife, any metal military practice handgrenade or metal replica handgrenade, or any instrument or weapon of the kind commonly known as a blackjack, slungshot, billy, sandclub, sap, or sandbag.
View Quote

Am I correct in understanding that this law does NOT apply to me as a Texas resident? As for my friend, I think he [i]wants[/i] to have the feds pounding on his door...
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

-White Horse
View Quote

So now, just because you're on a personal level with some mods and site owners, that means somebody will be in for it if they rub you the wrong way?  You're special ... how?

Didn't that kind of behavior end in high school?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:22:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

[red]I heard that.  Give it up Norman, before you make enemies of some of the moderators and owners who know me personally.  I won't be able to help you if you do.[/red]

-White Horse
View Quote

If you try to use your influence with the mods to take action upon norman74 for his little joke on the site,
[size=2]Then you are a nothing!!![/size=2]

I wasn't going to post or say nothing from your other thread. The business you have with that guy is your business and your business only. Creating a Thread to ask for advice if you should call the BATF is preposterous and unbelievable.  
That was stupidity on your part by creating your Thread, but then you threaten a Team Member on this site by using your influence or personal relationship with a moderator or moderators for reasons to get back at norman74!!!
Well you just crossed the line in my book!!!! go back under your rock and sleep it off and then think about your absurd Thread and Post you have created.
I have to agree with norman74 now, if I lived in Florida I would damn sure stay away from you!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hotel Sierra folks.  Is it a full moon?
I'm here all night.  Keep it up, fellas.
View Quote

Look out fellas, it's the fuzz!

Just kidding!  Lovely evening, isn't it officer? [:D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nothing to see here, citizens ... carry on, carry on

*cough* IBTL *cough*

Move along, people ...
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Officer it wasn't me!!!!!!!!![:D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:26:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#15]
looks like a bitch-fight....NO PULLING HAIR!!!

[blue]IBTL!!![/blue]  
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:30:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The only person who can buy influence with me is the guy who will bring me a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts in 30 minutes or less.
-Ossifer DoubleNuts
View Quote

Sprinkles or non-sprinkles?
Creme Filled or Glazed?
Would you like coffee with that Sir?[:D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Nothing to see here, citizens ... carry on, carry on

*cough* IBTL *cough*

Move along, people ...
View Quote

I'm afraig that I'll have to IBTL my own thread, so here goes: IBTL. [;)]

If someone has something legitimate to add to the conversation, feel free to IM.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

[red]I heard that.  Give it up Norman, before you make enemies of some of the moderators and owners who know me personally.  I won't be able to help you if you do.[/red]

-White Horse
View Quote

If you try to use your influence with the mods to take action upon norman74 for his little joke on the site,

I wasn't going to post or say nothing from your other thread. The business you have with that guy is your business and your business only. Creating a Thread to ask for advice if you should call the BATF is preposterous and unbelievable.  
That was stupidity on your part by creating your Thread, but then you threaten a Team Member on this site by using your influence or personal relationship with a moderator or moderators for reasons to get back at norman74!!!
Well you just crossed the line in my book!!!! go back under your rock and sleep it off and then think about your absurd Thread and Post you have created.
I have to agree with norman74 now, if I lived in Florida I would damn sure stay away from you!!!!!!!!

View Quote

That post was deleted.  Norman chose to carry the insults over to another thread.  Sorry Johnphin, by the way.  Now who is in high school?  I am not going to run to the mods or owner, but I know how they can be.  I was simply saying to Norman, post at your own risk.  Fair enough?  Besides, aren't personal insults against the forum rules?  I don't know since I don't do that.  I think that history shows that they don't tolerate that kind of behavior.  I wouldn't want Norman to loose the privelege of posting, even if I don't care for his opinion.

I am not threatening Norman.  Sheesh, read, will ya?  I don't want to get back at him for his insults either.  I was content to delete the thread and forget it.  Isn't that the mature thing to do?  Or is putting more insults in other people's threads the mature thing?

Just out of curiousity, Norman, how old are you?  I'm 36.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:35:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn, I leave for a couple days only to come back to the worlds biggest catfight. WTF is wrong with this place?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:47:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only person who can buy influence with me is the guy who will bring me a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts in 30 minutes or less.
-Ossifer DoubleNuts
View Quote

Sprinkles or non-sprinkles?
Creme Filled or Glazed?
Would you like coffee with that Sir?[:D]
View Quote
No sprinkles.  Creme filled and chocolate glazed.  Coffee, one creme and one sugar.
I'll let you off with a warning even though the book says I'm supposed to arrest you and toss you in the klink.  Slow down, okay?
[:D]
View Quote

DF- dude, that new avatar makes you sound different.  What'cha smokin'?  [smoke]

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm Johnphins friend that is wanting him to send me the sword cane.  I live in Cali by no choice of my own and I do not believe that the state government should have any say as to what I am or am not allowed to have.  ESPECIALLY in my own home.  As far as I'm concerned, after myself, my family, and my friends leave this God forsaken state, I hope it falls off the face of the earth and gives the ocean front property to states that deserve it!!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#23]
If White_Horse is that overly sensitive/thin skinned, I would be willing to bet that his "Friends" on this board would have to be Aroc, and KellyR.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#24]
caag.state.ca.us/firearms/dwcl/12020.htm

[b]ARTICLE 2. UNLAWFUL CARRYING AND POSSESSION OF WEAPONS

addendum:

[red](2)Unless of course you're a fucking career criminal, in which case, you'll do what you want to our unarmed California citizens anyway.

(3)Have fun career criminals![/red][/b]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Damned only one beer left and this looks like it's gonna be a good one!

[Howard Cosell] "In this corner we have White_horse, weighing in at 3 mods and a staff member he has substantial influence and favor among the powers that be!  And the challenger, we have norman74, his 1st proffessional bout at AR15.com he will undoubtedly garner support from the mass of anti-authoritarian gun lovers that frequent the site.  Sit back ladies and gentlemen its gonna be a full 15 rounds tonight!"[/Howard Cosell]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

-White Horse
View Quote

WTF??  IS that a threat?

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Damn, I leave for a couple days only to come back to the worlds biggest catfight. WTF is wrong with this place?
View Quote

I think that somebody spiked the coffeepot with estrogen tablets.

Did I say that?  Bad Nimrod!  Bad, bad Nimrod!  [stick]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:01:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

-White Horse
View Quote

View Quote

That post was deleted.  Norman chose to carry the insults over to another thread.  Sorry Johnphin, by the way.  Now who is in high school?  I am not going to run to the mods or owner, but I know how they can be.  I was simply saying to Norman, post at your own risk.  Fair enough?  Besides, aren't personal insults against the forum rules?  I don't know since I don't do that.  I think that history shows that they don't tolerate that kind of behavior.  I wouldn't want Norman to loose the privelege of posting, even if I don't care for his opinion.

I am not threatening Norman.  Sheesh, read, will ya?  I don't want to get back at him for his insults either.  I was content to delete the thread and forget it.  Isn't that the mature thing to do?  Or is putting more insults in other people's threads the mature thing?

Just out of curiousity, Norman, how old are you?  I'm 36.

-White Horse
View Quote

he is 28 if i am correct. he was bitching me out on another thread too.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:02:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:05:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damned only one beer left and this looks like it's gonna be a good one!
View Quote

Damn I am out of beer also, I am off to the store!!!

[Howard Cosell] "In this corner we have White_horse, weighing in at 3 mods and a staff member he has substantial influence and favor among the powers that be!  And the challenger, we have norman74, his 1st proffessional bout at AR15.com he will undoubtedly garner support from the mass of anti-authoritarian gun lovers that frequent the site.  Sit back ladies and gentlemen its gonna be a full 15 rounds tonight!"[/Howard Cosell]
View Quote

[rofl2] [rofl] [lol] That was a good one!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:07:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:08:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks NW!

I'm a bit buzzed and well you know!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:11:06 PM EDT
[#33]
I personally am not real worried since they aren't gonna stop me and ask me if my cane just happens to be a sword cane, and if I have to use it, well, I'm a crippled disabled vet that needs some way to defend himself.  But thanks for the concern.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:12:12 PM EDT
[#34]
White Horse,

I still have this nagging question:

Were you serious about turning your "friend" into the BATF, or was that whole [now deleted] thread an attempt at humor?

cynic

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

-White Horse
View Quote

They going to back you because you are friends, or are they backing you because you will turn them into the ATF if you do not? [;D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:16:42 PM EDT
[#36]
[size=6][green]IBTL,thank you +1[/green][/size=6]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:22:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
That was stupidity on your part by creating your Thread, but then [red][b]you threaten a Team Member[/b][/red] on this site by using your influence or personal relationship with a moderator or moderators for reasons to get back at norman74!!!
View Quote

[size=3][b]Exuse me but are you saying that because someone is a team member you can't threaten them but if it was a non team member it would be OK?[/b][/size=3]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I personally am not real worried since they aren't gonna stop me and ask me if my cane just happens to be a sword cane, and if I have to use it, well, I'm a crippled disabled vet that needs some way to defend himself.  But thanks for the concern.
View Quote

Yeah, those sword/canes don't look ANYTHING like a weapon, and LE have NO idea what they are...  [whacko]

Besides, I would imagine they are such poor quality they do neither job well.  If you just want one for the "gizmosity" factor, I don't think it's worth it.  If you really want a sword, get a real one and learn how to use it.  

Or, instead of seeking to break the law, why not consider legal alternatives first.  There's a great thread here that discusses options:

[url]http://64.177.53.248/ubb/Forum31/HTML/000290.html[/url]

Them's some *very serious* folks, with some good advice, including to look into [url]www.canemaster.com[/url].

Great fun!

And please, enjoy your stay in our fair state! [;D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:27:16 PM EDT
[#39]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
I personally am not real worried since they aren't gonna stop me and ask me if my cane just happens to be a sword cane, and if I have to use it, well, I'm a crippled disabled vet that needs some way to defend himself. But thanks for the concern.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, those sword/canes don't look ANYTHING like a weapon, and LE have NO idea what they are...

Besides, I would imagine they are such poor quality they do neither job well. If you just want one for the "gizmosity" factor, I don't think it's worth it. If you really want a sword, get a real one and learn how to use it.

Or, instead of seeking to break the law, why not consider legal alternatives first. There's a great thread here that discusses options:

64.177.53.248/ubb/Forum31/HTML/000290.html

Them's some *very serious* folks, with some good advice, including to look into www.canemaster.com.

Great fun!

And please, enjoy your stay in our fair state!  

I actually do have a couple of swords and used to teach how to use them.  I could use a normal can quite proficiently if needed.  I'll look into the thread that you suggested.  No offense, but I do hate this state and as soon as my family and I are able to leave, we're heading straight back to Texas.  The Land of the free!!

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Modern sword variant- 18 inches long and 1/4" thick:

[img]http://mdenterprise.com/saxonnew.jpg[/img]

Saxon short sword is an 18" blade ground from 1/4" stock. Utilizing the same metallurgy that makes our knives so outstanding, the Saxon has a real, honest to God, temper line. Not a hardening line wanting to be a temper line. The grip and a half is made of the same phenomenal glass/epoxy composite we use in our combat/tactical knives. It is very comfortable, and offers excellent control over the blade.

Specifications:

Blade:18" flat ground from 1/4" stock. Fish belly tip.
Finish:Hard chrome standard. Options available.
Grip: Black glass/epoxy composite. Grip and a half.
Length: 26.5" overall.
Weight: Sword - 29oz.
             Sheath - 8 oz.
Sheath: Protective Kydex sheath with retention tip.
[url]http://mdenterprise.com/saxon.htm[/url]

If you can spare the time, consider talkng with Kevin McClung, or attending a training session or two.  I hear they're pretty awesome.

I doubt you'd need a sword cane, then.

Hope you get back home soon!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:44:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:45:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Pretty nice piece there.  Honestly, I want the sword cane for the mere (if that's how u spell it) commodity of it.  Plus, they do have some of the more interesting designs.  

http://www.consumerpc.com/~blade/cane_cobrafull.jpg

Overall Length: 27-3/8"
Closed Length: 34-7/8"
Blade Length: 21-1/8"
Blade Thickness: 3/16"
Blade Material: 420 J2 stainless steel.
Body: Aluminum with a black rubber tip
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#43]
45ACP_Marine, don't forget to drop by the Hall of Heroes forum and sign in on the Service Record thread. There are some great resources for vets, active duty and potential recruits.

Glad to have you here. I hope you stick around.

I think I'll do that.. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:50:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Them's some *very serious* folks, with some good advice, including to look into [url]www.canemaster.com[/url].
View Quote

Now that's a cool lookin web site! Thanks DScott!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:52:51 PM EDT
[#45]
In the mean time, I'll teach him how quote! [;)]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:01:16 PM EDT
[#46]
If you haven't been to TacticalForums.com you really should.

No messing around there!

Besides, where else are you going to get Pat Rogers to answer your questions?

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:47:47 PM EDT
[#47]
To avoid any possible problems, send the sword and cane sections in seperate packages.

[b]THE COALITION[/b] supports the rights enumerated in the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top