Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2001 5:17:25 AM EDT
I mean planning for a SHTF scenario is fine. But damn, there is a limit to how many one person can carry. Do you know how long it would take just to load the amount of mags some of you guys have?

Aluminum has a half life of hell, a long ass time. So do you guys just like collecting pretty shiny metal? Or do you know something I don't?

I wouldn't mind the collection some of you guys have I just think it's overkill. Personally, I'd think 10 to 15 each of 20/30 rounders would suffice.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 5:19:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I mean planning for a SHTF scenario is fine. But damn, there is a limit to how many one person can carry. Do you know how long it would take just to load the amount of mags some of you guys have?

Aluminum has a half life of hell, a long ass time. So do you guys just like collecting pretty shiny metal? Or do you know something I don't?

I wouldn't mind the collection some of you guys have I just think it's overkill. Personally, I'd think 10 to 15 each of 20/30 rounders would suffice.
View Quote
Why must you ask stupid questions???? [:)] I think it becomes more of a hobby than a necessity when people have that many mags.

Ian
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 5:19:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Because I never have enough.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 5:25:00 AM EDT
[#3]
1) They got to last you your life and not be worn out if you plan on handing down to your kids(if its still legal)......only so many out there and no new ones are legally made for civvies

2)They are good investments.....before the ban how much were colts mags in wrapper going for? around 8 bucks.....how much are they now if you can find them.....how much are USGI going for?before the ban the ran 2-5 bucks.....how much will these be worth in....5,10,15,20 years?
(granted its still legal to sell them)

3) they wear out if you shoot them alot....drop one and crack feed lips or bottom tabs....no prob,I still got 50 more....or Oh,man I only had 5 Hi-caps now I only got 4.....

4)YES,yes I do like shiny things.....

Link Posted: 4/25/2001 5:25:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I notice you are from cali. You cannot legally buy anymore for the rest of your life, as long as you live in that state.  
I can.
Its a hobbie, and there is a ban on. No more for civies.  so stock up now, or pay more later as demand stays the same.
I feel I am stocking up for my kids one day.  
c-rock
[url]www.illinois-shooter.org
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 5:25:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I am building a nest with the shiny objects.  I hate when I try to pick up a mag through a grate because I won't let go...have to call FD to cut grate from hand.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 5:28:01 AM EDT
[#6]
THIS WILL SCARE YOU.....
I.....only....have...
three 30rnders
one 20rnder
For my M4 carbine.Scary huh?  and I only...
have....
400 rounds of ammo.
FEEL FREE TO DONATE YOUR EXTRA AMMO/MAGS!!!
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 5:42:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Because:

It's better to have and not want, than to, want and not have!

Also, I have determined that if I buy every one I can, then it may deny a BG from having it. I am doing it for the children [:D]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 5:51:26 AM EDT
[#8]
forget the money. in 25 years when money isn't worth shet what could you trade 10 thirty rounders for. just in case you needed something besides mags.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 6:14:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Because you need to have more than the police that will try to come get your AR.  Also, I keep adding more because I need them if I "snap".  You need them quickly when your on top of a building trying to keep the police away.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 6:16:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Hi-cap mags are like real estate:

THEY DON'T MAKE THEM ANYMORE !

(at least the one's we can buy)
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 6:29:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Ice15 originally posted:

Why in hell do you need so many mags?
View Quote

To get the women of course!  

I think Tony Montana from the movie, Scarface said it best.  I remember he said the following:  "In this country, you gotta make the money first.  Then when you get the money, you get the [b]mags.[/b]  Then when you get the [b]mags[/b], then you get the [b]women[/b]".

Uh...maybe Tony Montana didn't really say it exactly that way as I now recall.  But if he didn't, that is another reason to buy so many mags.  [:D]

-RoadDog
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 6:32:08 AM EDT
[#12]
There is no such thing as to many mags. You need only remember that an automatic rifle is a single shot rifle without a mag. HOW SCARY IS THAT? Join the NRA!
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 6:41:45 AM EDT
[#13]
think about this, if your waiting for the SHTF day (yea!)

No need for more than maybe two basic loads(13)mags for each rifle.  You'll be going up aganist Army, Marine troops, or others, and if you survive -- HEY, they got mags!!!

If your collecting, theres no limit.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 6:50:22 AM EDT
[#14]
The real reason though is because us men believe that the bigger the object, or the faster the object, or the most number of the objects we have translates directly into how big of a dick we have.

At least thats what the men hating women say.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 6:53:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Come on,

ONE 5 or 10 round mag is plenty!  The Government knows what's best for you!

[-!-!-]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 6:54:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:10:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Because:

It's better to have and not want, than to, want and not have!

Also, I have determined that if I buy every one I can, then it may deny a BG from having it. I am doing it for the children [:D]
View Quote

Here,Here! For the children!
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:16:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Better to have more so you can keep them half-filled to save wear on the spring inside.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:21:00 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't know whats wrong with me but , I just love mags . For several years I sold mags , it was hard sending the little guys in the mail so far away . I have lots of mags and Im keepen them . Sick you say , yes I guess so , but I could be spending my extra money on some stupid things like beer ..   Well lets not include beer , lets say shoes . My wife has 40 pairs of shoes , now thats bad .
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:28:21 AM EDT
[#20]
tou can never be too well armed, and if the ammo is on strippers, it loads a lot faster.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 8:24:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Ice15 originally posted:

View Quote

I think Tony Montana from the movie, Scarface said it best
-RoadDog
View Quote

Tony Montana! I remember that guy from the 80's era videos where he got lots of womenz.
[IMG]www.avn.com/html/avn/news/pix/nws1837.gif[/IMG]

Since I don't have any metal mags, only a 10 round 10/22 mag and 2 speed loaders for the .38 I dunno what is going on here.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 8:45:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Gee...I dunno...I just like reading them, I guess...

Oooooh!  THAT kind of mags.

Nevermind.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#23]
I only have about 38 mags. And have YET TO OWN a postban mag. Used to pay $10 for a new 30 rounder. Now used ones are $15. It's not a supply problem, there are only about 5 million GI mags out there. (and still legally coming from the military) It's just that now the AR is so evil. [}:)]

As far as loading them, that's no problem. First of all I keep about 8 30's loaded with 26 rounds all the time, (6 in vest, 2 in gun) and with stripper clips I can load up a 30 round mag in about 15 seconds.

Buy 'em while you can still afford them and have fun with them. Reloading after 10 rounds defeats the whole purpose of owning a rifle like that. [heavy]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 8:50:44 AM EDT
[#24]
you see I have this sickness & can't help my self. everytime I see a great mag deal the voices in my head tell me to buy them[BD]

plus it pisses the CA members off that we can still buy & own so many[-!-!-]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 8:57:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Obsession by AR......

I buy twice as many as I need, in case half break...

Then half of the working ones will break, thats a double again scenario....

So I keep buying knowing 'If it moves it breaks'...

Do you have any  for sale? How much delivered????
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 8:59:45 AM EDT
[#26]
You are right....I don't need more, but as some others have said, I just can't top myself from buying another couple when I see a good deal.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 9:43:13 AM EDT
[#27]

Originally posted by Imbrog|io:

Tony Montana! I remember that guy from the 80's era videos where he got lots of womenz.
View Quote

What you talking 'bout, Imbrog|io.(sounding like Gary Coleman from Diff'rent Strokes tv show)  That isn't a picture of my favorite and baddest movie druglord, Tony Montana played by Al Pacino.  That other guy probably doesn't even speak with a "Hollywoodized" cuban accent like Scarface.   [:0]

I would like to see another one of those VS posts that have recently been popping up like flies, but instead have one with the title:  [b]Scarface VS The Sopranos [/b]  (Who has the coolest weapons?)   [:D]

-RoadDog
(RoadDog Montana)

Link Posted: 4/25/2001 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#28]
That IS Tony Montana!!!!

Look at his list of credits:

[url]www.gamelink.com/gl/offsitesrchresults.asp?src=gl&mall=st&spd=hi&custID=30606380&cn=FGWSDVRJ@XPSXYUFEL&star=Tony+Montana[/url]

Link Posted: 4/25/2001 1:14:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Too many mags thats like saying you can have too much money. [:D]  [sniper]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Possibly as an investment.
They could go up and make a respectable profit someday.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#31]
WHY NOT?  While we still can do it legally.....

[sniper]
The Sniper
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#32]
the new batch of 30s we get in the Army now have government use only stamped on them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 2:27:50 PM EDT
[#33]
  If they would stop banning them I would stop buying them .

I buy when I see a good deal because they are sure to go up in the years ahead . Besides
my son and sons'in law will need some plus my grand kids .
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 2:35:16 PM EDT
[#34]
I can never get the money together to buy a new gun, but I always have $20 or $50 to buy more mags.
When mags go to $100, I can sell 7 and get my AR-15.com Rock River special. Does it come with (2) thirty rounders?
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Hey Sofa_King, you think that is scary?  I go to school in MA, I can't even have my guns up here w/o some stupid "Firearms Identification Card".  BTW, I only have 300 rounds of .223.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 2:58:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 3:03:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Slt223......thank goodness,I'm not the only one here with that amount of ammo.I keep hearing of people buying CRATES of ammo,and suddenly I feel panic!
Yeah,well,do you only have 4 mags like I do?:)
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#39]

Originally posted by Imbrog|io:

That IS Tony Montana!!!!

Look at his list of credits:

www.gamelink.com/gl/offsitesrchresults.asp?src=gl&mall=st&spd=hi&custID=30606380&cn=FGWSDVRJ@XPSXYUFEL&star=Tony+Montana
View Quote

Uh...what credits?  I only get some kind of Dot-com goatee head hieroglyphics.  See...Tony Montana in Scarface is the real McCoy!  Heck, I saw [b] his [/b]long list of credits at the end of the movie.  I rest my case.

-RoadDog
(RoadDog Montana)

Link Posted: 4/25/2001 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#41]
According to the law (ATF) you can replace a pre-ban mag body with a post-ban mag body if it is unserviceable. Problem being, I doubt you will find a Govt. Contract Mag. Manufacturer that will sell a civi' the replacement mag body. Hence the "Ah shopping I will go!" :D
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Fellas, I need help..I REALLY DO NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!

My secret supplier called me and said he had a 'few stacks' I needed to go thru....Off I head, a junkie going to get a fix...When I got there, he had 20 'NO QUESTIONS A-OK' good lookin USGI mags, and another 20 so-so mags...of we started dealin, I now have ANOTHER 40.....

I am a MAJOR mag junkie...TAPCO is WAY SLOW sending my green followers, I have had to upgrade my order TWICE....

IS there any 12 step program available? What can I do?
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#43]
You know you only need one per gun, the gov. does know whats best for us.  [(:|)]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Stangely enough I seem to have exactly four 30 rounder's per each window in my house.  I don't know how that came out that way, huh.

M4husker
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 9:16:14 AM EDT
[#45]
My standard on ammo and mags:  If you know how many you have, you don't have enough.

Besides, it is nice being able to buy them when the people of the PRK can't.  If the gun owners who didn't vote, had, they might have had a decent government there and could have kept their guns and mags.

Merlin
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 10:49:23 AM EDT
[#46]
becouse i can thats why
hmm i think ill buy some more mags this week dont why why oh yeah becosue i can
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 12:33:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Well, a lot of you guys hinted at the real reason, but no one said it right out.  I'll take the plunge to educate the uninfected.

It's to avoid withdrawal.  

The double vision, sweating, nausea, teeth chattering, cramps, and even hiccups can be really annoying.  (Even the wife told me to go buy a magazine once, my teeth chattering in between hiccups was keeping her from getting any sleep)  Hey, I was in a pawn shop the other day and saw some mags, I got cramps so bad I couldn't move.  I bought a single orlite mag and they went away - Never leave home with out your credit card, I'd still been standing there drooling on the glass counter if I hadn't had mine.  Probably would've chipped my teeth away by now too.

CavVet - this is the only program I know of since the only cure (albeit temporary) is to buy more magazines...
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 3:12:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Ok. OK, I don't need more magazines. I'll just use more bandoleers.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 5:05:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
Quoted:

Ice15 originally posted:

View Quote

I think Tony Montana from the movie, Scarface said it best
-RoadDog
View Quote

[IMG]www.avn.com/html/avn/news/pix/nws1837.gif[/IMG]

Since I don't have any metal mags, only a 10 round 10/22 mag and 2 speed loaders for the .38 I dunno what is going on here.
View Quote

That's Robby Alomar!  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 5:14:52 PM EDT
[#50]
I just feel like Uncle Scrooge when I have all my mags loaded up. The Brass & Grey.
They look so pretty lined up in a row.
(manical laugh)
Excuse me, I have to go to E-bay and bid on some more 10 round "Pre-Bans".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top