Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2002 5:27:23 PM EDT
Just got off the phone and it looks like I got the promotion I was going for, along with a raise well into the 5 digits to go with it [:)]

My wife is running around the house screaming and I felt like I needed to tell somebody and you guys are like family. Hopefully now I'll be able to take a little more time off and go to all of the fun stuff I've been missing lately. ETH Farm and BRC II here I come! [:)]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
So, are you hiring?? [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/naughty.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#2]
That's great that you got promoted. Ironically, my whole family is kind of glad my dad is getting laid off. He himself said that he won't try to find another job for a while. See, I'm going to college in September, and due to my dad's stupidity in financial management, we reported a much higher income than we would've had he been smarter. So I got almost no financial aid. Consider college cost 38K a year, that's going to hurt. So now that he's getting laid off, we can claim that we can no longer pay my tuition and revise my family's income. Plus, we can take this opportunity to pay off the mortgage (the 100K sitting in the bank doesn't help either, as my dad feels "safe" with money in the bank), so we'll have almost no money in the bank and only my mom working. With all that we should look like paupers on paper, hopefully I'll get some generous aid and not have to pay my half of the costs (my parents are going to make me pay half of all my costs)
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:08:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So, are you hiring?? [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/naughty.gif[/img]
View Quote

No, I personally won't do any hiring, but I can probably get you a job in a billion dollar factory, running million dollar machines where you will carry around boxes full of stuff worth $100,000 for the handsome pay of ten bucks an hour. [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top