Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2022 8:31:30 PM EDT
This is pretty weird. Just watched episode 4 of this series end of episode, they flashed "in memory of Arturo Moreno 1980-2022".

If you Google that,  you get a whole series of infected malware sites (don't do that without good protection).

You also get a bunch of computer generated "nothing" articles.

Seems like a non person. IMDB doesn't show the actor in this series, that I can see.

Is this some game or spy goose chase from the producers?

I didn't see any reference in the thread about the series.

Edited. Malware not mallard. Fookin spell check.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 8:32:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like guerrilla marketing from what you've described
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Plenty show up for me.

Did you get your internet privileges restricted?
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 8:34:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried to look it up last night but my phone started going ape shit on the first sight I clicked on.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Plenty show up for me.

Did you get your internet privileges restricted?
View Quote

Have you actually looked at them? A lot of AI generated bullshit. Even weirder a lot were Indian. All of them look like they were generated off google search request trends
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Weird
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Super weird, but it could be that he isn't/wasn't an actor but someone who was a crew member who worked on the show, hence no real google-foo finds him.  Then, a bunch of computer savvy hooligans drum up those dummy sites because they know folks are going to look for him.  Not sure what the point would be ultimately, but then again, I don't get a lot of things that people are apparently into or entertained by.  You're not wrong though OP, it's definitely strange.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe this costume department guy.

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm9271276/

Those auto generated articles are terrible. You would think Google would filter that crap out.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 8:56:27 PM EDT
[#8]
He’s the king of signing bad contracts for the LA Angels. Albert Pujols, Vernon Wells, Josh Hamilton, etc. etc…
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#9]
You just assume he's involved in the production, but nothing in that flashed commemoration actually said he was.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#10]
He was supposed to be ensuring Chris Pratt had a good haircut for the filming of the series,  but he died before he could make that happen.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#11]
There's an Arturo Castro listed in the cast. That's about all I could find.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:08:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Maybe this costume department guy.

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm9271276/

Those auto generated articles are terrible. You would think Google would filter that crap out.
View Quote

I tried a couple other search engines too. Nothing.

I'm going to assume it is an inside joke. Lots of malware producers. And AI articles to produce clicks.  I guess there was an Arturo dude known to the guys producing the credits and may be a nobody. The spam and AI sites went overdrive doing their thing.

Still...fuckin weird.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
He's the king of signing bad contracts for the LA Angels. Albert Pujols, Vernon Wells, Josh Hamilton, etc. etc
View Quote
Hehe if that Arturo died I'd had said maybe he was the authors inspiration for Marco.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
He was supposed to be ensuring Chris Pratt had a good haircut for the filming of the series,  but he died before he could make that happen.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:12:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#16]
The pics that show up is the owner of the Anaheim Angels.  Not dead as far as I can tell looking online. Not 42  either.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The pics that show up is the owner of the Anaheim Angels.  Not dead as far as I can tell looking online. Not 42  either.
View Quote

I'm sure there are many Arturo Merenos. When connecting that name with Terminal List or 1980-2022, weird shit pops up and no real person.

Was hoping arfcom had some inside scoop or other ideas.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:22:43 PM EDT
[#18]
42 is too young.  Rip mr. Moreno whoever you were.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:23:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Weird.

I did have one real (I think) obituary result pop up, but the dates are wrong...

https://www.rosehills.com/obituaries/whittier-ca/arturo-moreno-10010705
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#20]
This is some kind of Mandela effect caused by the LHC.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:25:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm sure there are many Arturo Merenos. When connecting that name with Terminal List or 1980-2022, weird shit pops up and no real person.

View Quote
I'm guessing that enough people googled it to create some discernable trend/spike which targeted the AI sight generators to start producing content.  Something like "string previously unsearched, spontaneous searches exceed x, search returns below Y"
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:32:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm guessing that enough people googled it to create some discernable trend/spike which targeted the AI sight generators to start producing content.  Something like "string previously unsearched, spontaneous searches exceed x, search returns below Y"
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:34:28 PM EDT
[#23]
I dont know about the weird stuff, but add "imdb" to the search and you might get some better hits.

Could be the costume designer one?
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:37:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Probably a friend of a writer, director, or producer.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:41:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I'm figuring.

A self fulfilling prophecy, so to speak.

But that doesn't explain the lack of finding the dude they reference.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#26]
When I googled his name it showed a wealthy Mexican who had passed, I assumed it was Carr's friend who inspired the character.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
When I googled his name it showed a wealthy Mexican who had passed, I assumed it was Carr's friend who inspired the character.
View Quote

Dude was born in 1946. Different dude re the movie.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Is the name an anagram for something?

Holy shit, it’s- *sounds of violent struggle* - *choking on blood* - *silence*
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:54:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoops, guess I missed the date when it popped up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top