Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 7:03:56 PM EDT
It was advertised sometime middle to end of last year.  

A guy lived in a small town and worked at a local diner.  Some hoods came in and held the place up.  The guy reacted and took out the first guy with a pot of coffee then took out the rest.  It attracted attention and the government who supposidly trained him found him because of the incident.  I dont know if the guy was in hiding or if he had memory loss but he was essentially a high level assisin or something like that.

Anyone know the movie?  I want to rent it tonight but I cant find it on IMDB cause I cant remember the actors or the name of the movie.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#1]
"A History of Violence"

Viggo Mortensen and Ed Harris were the stars.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, it was the mob who came after him accusing him of being a hitman from philadelphiaafter the media showed up.

the government training thing is "conspiracy theory", where Mel Gibson is brainwashed and uncovers some hidden ring of assassin training
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Great flick.... you won't be dissapointed.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:10:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
"A History of Violence"

Viggo Mortensen and Ed Harris were the stars.

that's the one

it was a graphic novel first, iirc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top